Ford develops on-board water dispenser powered by A/C condensation!

Amirul

Resident Journalist

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com
There’s certainly not many by-products that leak out of your car can be safely consumed. But Ford’s engineer, Doug Martin beg to differ. He has developed a system that captures air-cond condensation liquid, then enables you to drink the water from a built-in tap. Innovative.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mxmjdx_Rg_c" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

It is not uncommon to see dripping water as the cold air-conditioning pipes condense water from the air. Instead of watering the floor, Ford’s On-The-Go-H2O will collect and transform it into drinking water.

Now, the water is not taken direct from the condensed air for your consumption. Martin’s system will collect the condensation, routes it through a 0.1micron filter to remove any contaminants before pumping it into a small faucet located on the centre console.

Ford claims that the On-The-Go-H2O is capable of producing Big Gulp territory, which is nearly 2 litres per hour. Carrying a bottle of drinking water with you on a long trip will become a thing of a past, I guess.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just outside my house compound at PJS 9/10 Sunway, 2nd september (due to no space...hv to park outside lol). That morning found out that all my sport rims (4 pcs) missing. Damn it! My advice, install good shock+motion sensor on your car. Now, i have install 2 shock+1 motion sensor at my fish. Damn sensitive!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience