Suitable suspension for civic 96-00

MrSpoon

Feb 25, 2016
Terengganu
Hye..i need help on my ej6 suspension..
Kinda bored to be lowered,so need an advise to choose a nice good suspension to a normal height,at the same time is good for my daily use.
Currently i use my car for go to work and social drag race (+- every 3 month).
Someone recommend me Tein SuperStreet,but another person told me it suck on track,is it true?
Anyone can help me?its better to recommend me based on your experience,not your theory.
Thanks in advance.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
if its just for work and some social drag race... so what if the suspension sucks in track?

otherwise, get stock EK9 suspension... stock heigh.. stock comfort.. stock handling

MrSpoon

Feb 25, 2016
Terengganu
Suspension that didnt suck on track would be an option for me because that drag running on track,all night long,whole weekend..not a track like sepang circuit,just a half mile drag strip.
But maybe u right tho,i shouldnt put that as a priority,it doesnt that important.lol..
But still,before i proceed with searching for ek9 stock or tein ss,need a good opinion with both suspension or another suspensions.
:driver:

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
My honda EG whatsapp group buddies said to avoid tein SS but no justification provided so no comment la.
But personally i've used buddyclub junior spec, serves me well but with only 12 steps of softhard. Would be nice to have more for finer adjustments, on full soft it was very bumpy but comfy (of course not comfy if compared to newer cars).. Then i bought ohlins dfv, initially i never expect the difference was massive but indeed it was, with 36steps of softhard i was able to adjust the right soft and hard setting for both front and rear to make my ride comfy for daily. Less bumpy and when i drive on uneven surface the sbody feels like it rattles less. On track wise, that day i went i did not push my car hard enough. overall both are nice adjustables

MrSpoon

Feb 25, 2016
Terengganu
My honda EG whatsapp group buddies said to avoid tein SS but no justification provided so no comment la.
But personally i've used buddyclub junior spec, serves me well but with only 12 steps of softhard. Would be nice to have more for finer adjustments, on full soft it was very bumpy but comfy (of course not comfy if compared to newer cars).. Then i bought ohlins dfv, initially i never expect the difference was massive but indeed it was, with 36steps of softhard i was able to adjust the right soft and hard setting for both front and rear to make my ride comfy for daily. Less bumpy and when i drive on uneven surface the sbody feels like it rattles less. On track wise, that day i went i did not push my car hard enough. overall both are nice adjustables
Wow,this is new info for me to take a close look on steps of soft-hard thing.
Buddyclub junior & Ohlins dfv,i"ll make sure to check both of it..
Thanks tony.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanks tony.
Seriously? You didn't know about soft/hard adjustments for suspension? Ohlins are on the higher end of the price scale, with the cheapest FD2R setup costing about 9k and average of RM10k per set.

If you're looking for something cheaper then I'd suggest going to FTuned and get a customer pair of suspension done for roughly 5k to 7k with adjustability.

If you're still looking for cheaper, then you'd be looking at stuff like used Teins, BC Racing, etc.

I know shit about Buddyclub so you'll need to do your research.

Btw whats your budget for all of this suspension modding?

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I'm currently using stock EK9 springs and dampers with EK4 front (23mm) and rear (14mm) anti-roll bars on my EK sedan. Stiffer than local EJ and EK4 Virs suspension but not as stiff as adjustable suspensions. Comfort wise, not so bad, because the spring rates are not that high (Front 4.3kg/mm linear, Rear 4.2kg/mm progressive) and clever damping setup by Honda. Excellent body control and I can take corners at ridiculous speed. I never bottom out on this setup, even when landing hard after a big bump. Very stable on the highway too.

You can get a used set for about RM550-RM850, depending on the conditions. But make sure you service the dampers before installing it on your car, as the oil seals and damper oil deteriorates after all these years. They are really bang for buck compared to those Taiwan made adjustables.

Reactions: euro2nride

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Seriously? You didn't know about soft/hard adjustments for suspension? Ohlins are on the higher end of the price scale, with the cheapest FD2R setup costing about 9k and average of RM10k per set.

If you're looking for something cheaper then I'd suggest going to FTuned and get a customer pair of suspension done for roughly 5k to 7k with adjustability.

If you're still looking for cheaper, then you'd be looking at stuff like used Teins, BC Racing, etc.

Aiya no need to be harsh la hehe.. Everyone has to started somewhere. But i agree that TS should've done his homework more..

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks tony.
While you're at it... be sure to check other brands such as Cusco zero1/2, BC racing, ftuned, claws, tein (have so many types), mines, zerone, gab, HWL, D2, zeal...
From the brands above, few are easy to find new and used. Some say XXX brand is shit and YYY brand is good... But do ask around for brands that people used and ask for their feedback (be sure to ask their driving style, some for daily only, or touge/track setup or drag so on so forth). From there you can make your choice based on your driving style. I'm not an expert in this topic but I hope this helps.

BTW what's your budget? Do you mind getting used adjustables?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
While you're at it... be sure to check other brands such as Cusco zero1/2, BC racing, ftuned, claws, tein (have so many types), mines, zerone, gab, HWL, D2, zeal...
From the brands above, few are easy to find new and used. Some say XXX brand is shit and YYY brand is good... But do ask around for brands that people used and ask for their feedback (be sure to ask their driving style, some for daily only, or touge/track setup or drag so on so forth). From there you can make your choice based on your driving style. I'm not an expert in this topic but I hope this helps.

BTW what's your budget? Do you mind getting used adjustables?
That is because depends on luck too. One use XXX brand say good, but another maybe got lemon product will curse say not good.....lol:rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Tein super street is just hi-low adjustable... no bodyshiftand no damping adjustment...

The proper tein is tein type flex... which is hi lo soft hard and body shift function...
The even better tein model is tein monoflex... which is having monotube big shaft for front suspension...

Anyway, any reputable brand suspension with bodyshift and soft-hard damping adjustment will be fine... as long as u got the proper spring rate selection

MrSpoon

Feb 25, 2016
Terengganu

Im sorry but im new in this suspension thing,thats why i seek help here lol..
But sure thing all your reply is helpful for me..
Until the date,my research lead my interest to ek9 suspension,but still considering the hl-sh adjustable..
Btw,my budget is not that high,just not more than 3K.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Eibach sucks

Eibach pro kit for putra.
Front - 2 fingers.
Rear - 5 fingers.

Just after a week, the front started to give "ekkkk ekkkkkk" sound on the driver side whenever i pass through road bumps or uneven road. And what's more? The ABS light also blinks occasionally (wheel touching the ABS wire until it hurts). I went to tyre shop and asked them to put rubber. But the annoying sound is still there. Dunno whether the Monroe absorber already kong or not. But there's no sign of any...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience