Different between VDO & MMC in wira

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
In some cases, stock can be the best.

So in your opinion, is it worth to pay for the extra premium to get those performance cables?
For person on very tight budget like me its not worth it.

If u have surplus of cash lying around....why not.
it helps decorate the engine bay oso.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
His comments also smoother engine operation......lol:rofl:
Smoothness is quite a subjective thing for different standards in different people, hahaha. My engine already felt quite smooth.

For person on very tight budget like me its not worth it.

If u have surplus of cash lying around....why not.
it helps decorate the engine bay oso.
Looks like it sounds not worth the money since it is not important enough to make you spend your money. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
In some cases, stock can be the best.

This is true. Original Bougicord is better than most aftermarket crap cables. I've actually seen folks lose torque after changing cables.

So in your opinion, is it worth to pay for the extra premium to get those performance cables?

Yes.. but you need to know what to buy and whether suitable for your car or not. Back then when I was messing with my car, I changed to this "Best I-Cable" brand plug cables. Although the name is highly amusing and suspicious, I got them at a cheap price after the manufacturer actually advertised here in ZTH (I cannot find the chat anymore) and I challenged them to do an actual test using my car as the guinea pig. Pre and post cable dyno comparison.

The cable did actually increase my torque a bit and smoothened out the entire graph before and after. And I made it a point to give the car a week or two of running with the cables before doing the dyno. The Siemens VDO is notorious for adapting to anything added to it, like useless air-leaking devices and some piggy-backs. And to add icing to the cake, I actually took out the cable and reinstalled the ori cable and the difference was instant. Again, after a week of running ori again I did the dyno once again. The power loss was apparent. Not huge figures like 10-20nm of torque different, but something like 4-5nm of torque which is a lot when you don't have much to begin with. My car with the cable was running something like 14 or 15 kgm of torque in its "final" form.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
This is true. Original Bougicord is better than most aftermarket crap cables. I've actually seen folks lose torque after changing cables.

Yes.. but you need to know what to buy and whether suitable for your car or not. Back then when I was messing with my car, I changed to this "Best I-Cable" brand plug cables. Although the name is highly amusing and suspicious, I got them at a cheap price after the manufacturer actually advertised here in ZTH (I cannot find the chat anymore) and I challenged them to do an actual test using my car as the guinea pig. Pre and post cable dyno comparison.

The cable did actually increase my torque a bit and smoothened out the entire graph before and after. And I made it a point to give the car a week or two of running with the cables before doing the dyno. The Siemens VDO is notorious for adapting to anything added to it, like useless air-leaking devices and some piggy-backs. And to add icing to the cake, I actually took out the cable and reinstalled the ori cable and the difference was instant. Again, after a week of running ori again I did the dyno once again. The power loss was apparent. Not huge figures like 10-20nm of torque different, but something like 4-5nm of torque which is a lot when you don't have much to begin with. My car with the cable was running something like 14 or 15 kgm of torque in its "final" form.
Yours is running the adaptive VDO ECU. Mine is MMC, so I think there might be some difference if lets say yours and mine are using the same cable?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yours is running the adaptive VDO ECU. Mine is MMC, so I think there might be some difference if lets say yours and mine are using the same cable?
The only difference is you'll need to mess with the ignition timing for more aggressive timing to utilize the cables

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
VDO method? What method? VDO self adapts. You just install the plug cables and drive. One day later and it adapts with more oomph.
When you said earlier it was notorious for adapting, I thought you mean it in a bad way because of the word notorious. I thought something like after it has adapted, the power increment is not there anymore.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
When you said earlier it was notorious for adapting, I thought you mean it in a bad way because of the word notorious. I thought something like after it has adapted, the power increment is not there anymore.
Yup, it can work either way, for the better or for the worse.......lol:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It works by having a fixed set of parameters.

Say the A/F is set to be ideal at 14 (for example). Your fuel is electronically controlled and you install a high flow air filter. So now your A/F is suddenly leaner to perhaps 11. The VDO will detect the difference and to compensate, it'll pump in more fuel to get the ratio within its set parameters.

In this sense it's a good thing.

But take those air leaker devices for example. Changes the internal vacuum or pressure or whatever and results in a better performing car for whatever reason. VDO detects the pressure is out of its parameters and normalizes it by counteracting with something else (I don't know what). This effectively means your device is made redundant.

In this sense it's a bad thing.

Kapish?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
The only more hardcore fellow I know was my ex company the malay jaga. Since he jaga night till morning, he is so free, he slowly wipe his 120Y engine with kerosene. You open engine bonnet, really spotless inside......lol:biggrin:

literally burning night oil using kerosene.. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifus and otai

Need some advise here,my ride is proton persona 1.6 auto,is it recomended to change to open port air filter?currently i am using drop in air filter.What is the pros & cons on this?,also is it worth and recomended to add e-manage if my ride is standard and just changed the exhaust system only?your comment is highly appreciated :burnout:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience