FTO MIVEC not kicking...I am mechanic but could solve...HELP...

nathanraja45

May 26, 2011
Selangor
Agreed dude, afterall it shouldn't cost all that much.
Call Erwin 03 62583232 for the price.
And don't forget to report back.
Thanx for the contact bro,does this erwin guy knows bout the MIVEC system n that MIVEC alternator 4 pin configuration?Thanx in advance...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Problem was solved at that time...IT WAS THE ECU...burnt circuit...dont always trust ur ecu codes...Doubt the ecu at times...
I miss this post, if not I will ask u to check on the ECU in the first place.
Old ecu is easy to burn, malfunction due to component life span.

Jan 21, 2018
Hi Guys
I have swapped a 6a12 V6 mivec into my Mitsubishi Lancer. The Mivec has been kicking in great for a while now but recently my Mivec has not been kicking in most of the time. Sometimes it does in 1st gear but then cuts in 2nd gear. Sometimes it just does not activate at all. I recently changed my alternator from a 4 pin to a 2 pin. I Serviced the car and changed the oil filter and the oil and put 5W30 oil in the engine.
Any advice out there?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Hi Guys
I have swapped a 6a12 V6 mivec into my Mitsubishi Lancer. The Mivec has been kicking in great for a while now but recently my Mivec has not been kicking in most of the time. Sometimes it does in 1st gear but then cuts in 2nd gear. Sometimes it just does not activate at all. I recently changed my alternator from a 4 pin to a 2 pin. I Serviced the car and changed the oil filter and the oil and put 5W30 oil in the engine.
Any advice out there?
am assuming you are testing the car AFTER its warmed up?
generally speaking, theres a few key items you that mivec relies on (or sort of checks for) before it can kick in
-temps, engine needs to be warmed up, will not kick if its cold
-voltage
-oil pressure
i believe those are some of the easier things to check.
if all fails, you got to start poking around the solonoids and ecu..

**oh yea... you can also pull some codes... that might tell you exactly what the issue is

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys. I am getting an ATF cooler for my Persona, sourced and gonna by it. Been wanting it since the first year of ownership.
Because whenever I go over 4000rpm during a hot day, it will rev another 200rpm just to change from 3 to 4. Not sure torque converter is slipping or the gears are.

Now, I was thinking during the process of fitting the ATF cooler, I wanna install ATF Temp Sensor simultaneously. Found a few on eBay, free shipping as well.

I am hoping not to drill my oem magnetic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience