Car shop's in Georgetown Penang

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
Hi

I asked before about shop's in KL before and was told about Sunway as per this thread

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=464273

I went there and enjoyed looking around, thanks again for who replied

next month I must go to Penang, I will stay Georgetown near the Komtar centre and I must go to the Thai consulate in the morning, but i will have a free afternoon, any shops you can recommend to see?

I need to buy a boost gauge, an oil temp gauge and an oil pressure gauge. I can buy these items in Thailand but if I see a nice one there I will buy it.

Many thanks for any replies

Attachments

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I won't have time to go to the mainland this trip, really it is because I need to go to update my Thai visa, any car shop's I can see is just a bonus.

Regarding rims, I recently managed to find some original used Enkei 16x7 inch wheels for my Lancer in Bangkok, was hard to find wheels I like because most wheels with 4 studs have a PCD of 4x100 but my car is 4x114.3 so was happy to find these. I do not really like the look of the universal wheels with 8 holes to fit multiple PCD patterns. They fit fine with no rubbing on 205/50R16 rubber but I might go to 205/45R16 when I next need to change the tires.

Will drop the car a little, currently looking out for a set of used TEIN coilovers and do a stage one turbo to run about 0.5 bar which should be safe on my engine without upgrading the internals. This should give me about 160 BHP and will make the car fast enough for fun driving here on roads in Thailand without being crazy.

cheers

Attachments

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
i opposite in your case, mine 15/7j 4x114.3, hard to find.
most in penang come with 16 inch. :bawling:

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
i opposite in your case, mine 15/7j 4x114.3, hard to find.
most in penang come with 16 inch. :bawling:
What car do you have?

17's is a more popular upgrade in Thailand but I wanted to go with 16's to avoid rubbing because some of the road surfaces here are not great, and also I want to keep my car's appearance fairly low key. My original wheels were 15's running 185/65r15 rubber.

When it is finished, apart from the wheels, a small FMIC, a slight drop, a different slightly bigger exhaust tailpipe and maybe some R32 front brake calipers and some up rated brake rotors I want my car to look almost stock.

I do like some 15 inch design's like the retro looking 'watanabe' depending on what car it is going on.

cheers

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I won't have time to go to the mainland this trip, really it is because I need to go to update my Thai visa, any car shop's I can see is just a bonus.

Regarding rims, I recently managed to find some original used Enkei 16x7 inch wheels for my Lancer in Bangkok, was hard to find wheels I like because most wheels with 4 studs have a PCD of 4x100 but my car is 4x114.3 so was happy to find these. I do not really like the look of the universal wheels with 8 holes to fit multiple PCD patterns. They fit fine with no rubbing on 205/50R16 rubber but I might go to 205/45R16 when I next need to change the tires.

Will drop the car a little, currently looking out for a set of used TEIN coilovers and do a stage one turbo to run about 0.5 bar which should be safe on my engine without upgrading the internals. This should give me about 160 BHP and will make the car fast enough for fun driving here on roads in Thailand without being crazy.

cheers
just wondering, since you are from thailand, why not get the more major work done there? the rims hard to find, i understand, but turbo work here, maybe not a good idea? I assume you would have to drive back to thailand without really testing it all out properly, and i hear those kinds of jobs are heaper up there?

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
there is few performance shop,this are the shop that i go to during my years at penang, not like sunway but you can get the item you mention and ask about your engine mod.

Nardock performance (can find location through mudah) Bayan Lepas area
Kiong Lee (Bayan Lepas near, same row Nasi kandar kayu at vistana/behind bukit jambul mall)

Man,i miss penang :bawling:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
penang food...niceee...hahaha
i think bro jay have his mechanic to do mods in Thailand.
From the thread he start, Bira in Thailand.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
penang food...niceee...hahaha
i think bro jay have his mechanic to do mods in Thailand.
From the thread he start, Bira in Thailand.
Not sure of rims and performance parts but for car accessories I am sure Bangkok got more. I got one group of friends always order stuffs from Bangkok......lol:rofl:

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
Thanks for your replies, I will be doing upgrades to my car in BKK, not Penang, I will be flying to Penang, not driving so I will only be looking for some smaller items if I can find something I like such as gauges which can fit in my bag. Will check the prices compared to BKK but the Thai baht is so high now maybe some small parts can be cheaper paying in ringgit LOL

I am also interested in the Malaysian car scene because you have a lot of the car's are similar mechanically to mine (Lancer with 4G18) and I have an afternoon free in Penang and I like looking round new car shops if I can find any and have spare time.

I am also looking forward to eating some nice Indian food while I am there :)

cheers

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for your replies, I will be doing upgrades to my car in BKK, not Penang, I will be flying to Penang, not driving so I will only be looking for some smaller items if I can find something I like such as gauges which can fit in my bag. Will check the prices compared to BKK but the Thai baht is so high now maybe some small parts can be cheaper paying in ringgit LOL

I am also interested in the Malaysian car scene because you have a lot of the car's are similar mechanically to mine (Lancer with 4G18) and I have an afternoon free in Penang and I like looking round new car shops if I can find any and have spare time.

I am also looking forward to eating some nice Indian food while I am there :)

cheers
Yup, for car places, PJ more happening like the Sunway place you went to....:biggrin:

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
How long u will in penang ? One night ?

2 nights, I will arrive by air on the 5th April about 6:30pm and I have a hotel booked, 'Heliconia Hotel' which is near the Komtar centre.

In the morning of April 6th I go to the Thai consulate, drop off my passport and some documents to renew my visa for Thailand, then on the 7th I will go to pick up my passport about 2pm then I have a flight back to BKK on the 7th about 7pm.

Will be free on the afternoon and evening of the 6th to look around.

cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Unless you’re a rap star, a gangster from the ‘hood’, a super celebrity or just love the attention, please stick to your 18” OZ’s or whatever(they serve a purpose) or even 20” Avanti’s for your SUV or car. Ok, 22” are still acceptable but not this. 30” is huge and mind boggling but 40” !!?? I don’t know what to say, there are no words in my vocabulary. It’s not that I’m...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience