Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
Hai all for proton 1.3 & 1.5 driver....:wavey:

What else can we do to upgrade this engine become more powerful....either than convert to the highest capacity engine.

Last edited:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
basic mod :
1. if manual install open pod air filter. if auto trans put drop in k&n or any other high flow filter brand.
2. change plug to iridium
3. extractor change to 421
4. throw away the mid mufler. put bullet. rear mufler chg to s flow is auto trans, if manual put straight flow.
5. use lighten flywheel.
6. use semi racing clutch
7. use lighten cam pulley and adjustable crankpulley.
8. use high performance cam.
9. head port n polish
10. blue printing and balancing.
11. stroker kit (not sure avaiable for campro or not)

advance mod:
1. bolt on turbo setup

super advance mod:
1. bolt on turbo + NOS

*taken from another thread i read - Author: Northiswara*

Last edited:

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
Last two month i just convert my engine from 1.3 carb to 1.5 injection....the fuel save a little bit right know compare than the old engine....

I've changed flywheel to 1.6.......got pick up a bit la..:biggrin:

My friend said if you want more satisfaction, turbo is the most one.Is it turbo pamper?:idea:

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
yea everything will TUrbo! save cost and u will have the power stright away :)

when u on turbo dont forget ur engine management. that would be needed example Emanage.

retrofit1

Known Member
Feb 17, 2008
1.5 block with 1.6 stroker kit is one way to go also to increase power.consider cheap than swap engine.

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
Yeah...stroker kit is the cheapest one...I've search the market...to put in the stroker kit is around 1.5k is enough...

To bot in is around 3k and above...

My friend recommend to bot the engine....:driver:

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
bot engine is the fastest way to produce highest power.. but bare in mind.. to bot your engine. these are few things that happen or you need to bare;

- changing to lower cr.
- piggy back or new ecu to support the changes.
- new cooling system to support the heat.

most important in any mods is.. decides how much u wants to produce and how far you willing to spend...

Mar 21, 2008
Here's some facts from a sifu share with me last nite

STROKER KIT for 4G15 (RM 2000+-)
With proper tuning and modifications, able to produce 130bhp from this little 1.6 stroker kit upgrade, a very rough but durable engine.

4G92 (Sohc) RM3000+-
Stock condition is good and produce about 95bhp, with good torque and FC wise. After proper modification, able to output 160bhp after 2.0 stroker kit is installed.

BOT (Instant power) RM2000+-
This is the ultimate, BOT has no limit, so depending on how much u can afford, and the maximum cablity your engine can take, your boost has no limitation. But FC will be high.....Remember its RM2.70 now:biggrin:

G-Reddy Emanage Blue (RM900)
Forget about whatever engine first, this E-Manage, with proper 3D tuning through out the powerband range, a good tuner will do their best to balance out every RPM range, mapping the best balanced AirFuel Ratio, so your engine perform near to perfect condition, smooth, less stress.....That means more power, more FC saving and more accuraccy.

So, tk a calculator n figure out how u gonna spend for the mod, and the future maintenance factor.

IMHO, I'd get a 4G92 first, the stroke it to 2000cc, then get E-Manage, is a pretty good combination for a daily use car :burnout:

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
Wow...really impressive the idea given by our senior...

Tq...all....Hehhehe 2.70 now....hope will reduce this September.....:)

retrofit1

Known Member
Feb 17, 2008
Here's some facts from a sifu share with me last nite

STROKER KIT for 4G15 (RM 2000+-)
With proper tuning and modifications, able to produce 130bhp from this little 1.6 stroker kit upgrade, a very rough but durable engine.

4G92 (Sohc) RM3000+-
Stock condition is good and produce about 95bhp, with good torque and FC wise. After proper modification, able to output 160bhp after 2.0 stroker kit is installed.

BOT (Instant power) RM2000+-
This is the ultimate, BOT has no limit, so depending on how much u can afford, and the maximum cablity your engine can take, your boost has no limitation. But FC will be high.....Remember its RM2.70 now:biggrin:

G-Reddy Emanage Blue (RM900)
Forget about whatever engine first, this E-Manage, with proper 3D tuning through out the powerband range, a good tuner will do their best to balance out every RPM range, mapping the best balanced AirFuel Ratio, so your engine perform near to perfect condition, smooth, less stress.....That means more power, more FC saving and more accuraccy.

So, tk a calculator n figure out how u gonna spend for the mod, and the future maintenance factor.

IMHO, I'd get a 4G92 first, the stroke it to 2000cc, then get E-Manage, is a pretty good combination for a daily use car :burnout:
Is it true with stroker kit can get 130 bhp?Thinking of doing that....:biggrin:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
sorry to say but it is unlikely the stroker kit alone will bring the hp to 130

just think about it: the stroker kit, from a waja 4g18 which originally gives out 106 hp...and this is with a better breathing head, a 4-valve per cylinder setup

from this alone u can see that is not probable that just by swapping a 4g18's crank and pistons, u can make a 4g15 with just 3-valve per cylinder suddenly outperform the 4g18 by 24 hp

u need many mods which will complement each other (meaning every mod u do is designed for a particular rev range)

stroking ur 4g15 will result in a slitely weaker high end, but a fatter powerband curve; this is due to the nature of longer stroke engines

complementing mods would mean the right exhaust setup, cam profile, head PnP, carburettor size (venturi/main jet/air corrector)

do check out powerzone's 142 hp iswara and see what was done to achieve such a figure...

what they did:
1. proper PnP
2. full balancing
3. blueprinting
4. ideal exhaust setup (4-2-1 tuned-length header/1.8 inch piping/ori wira backbox)
5. 26x degree cam profile

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
Is it true with stroker kit can get 130 bhp?Thinking of doing that....:biggrin:
like i sed earlier, unlikely to hit the figure, but what i can tell u is, even though u are increasing the displacement by just approx. 100 cc over the 4g15, it feels like u increase more than that

driveability will improve, car has more torque from low-to-mid, u will have power on tap whenever u want it...u will downshift less as there is more available torque to lug u around

fc diff from the 4g15 is negligible, so nothing to worry there

it will be a very good mod for ur daily ride :driver:

retrofit1

Known Member
Feb 17, 2008
like i sed earlier, unlikely to hit the figure, but what i can tell u is, even though u are increasing the displacement by just approx. 100 cc over the 4g15, it feels like u increase more than that

driveability will improve, car has more torque from low-to-mid, u will have power on tap whenever u want it...u will downshift less as there is more available torque to lug u around

fc diff from the 4g15 is negligible, so nothing to worry there

it will be a very good mod for ur daily ride :driver:
Thanks Tofu for your reply...:adore::adore:I checked with my mechanic,he said that i dun need to change the injector,ecu & wiring if i do stoker kit. But i think have to change la.got confused:confused:Any comments guys?:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've been searching high and low for those transparent plastic/acrylic office blind rod which enables u to open or close the blinds. I wanna know where in KL or PJ can get it?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience