Planning to buy car @ rm10k

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Hi,

i am planning to get an RM10k car (after i sell my current car).

Looking for a
1. B-C segment
2.Good handling on highway (not expecting something like D segment) and back roads
3. Good torque
4. between 1.5-2.0 cc
5. light chassis (1 ton to 1.2 ton)

My current choice is Honda civic EG.

Anyone know how a Honda accord 2000 is?

OR

Anyone for any other good suggestions?

Plan for light mod and daily drive.

thanks.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Civic EG at RM10k may not be that easy to get because I see many are selling above 10k. If Corolla AE101, I think it is possible to get one. Corolla SEG with 1.6 4A-FE engine. I heard that is quite a reliable car.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Hi,

i am planning to get an RM10k car (after i sell my current car).

Looking for a
1. B-C segment
2.Good handling on highway (not expecting something like D segment) and back roads
3. Good torque
4. between 1.5-2.0 cc
5. light chassis (1 ton to 1.2 ton)

My current choice is Honda civic EG.

Anyone know how a Honda accord 2000 is?

OR

Anyone for any other good suggestions?

Plan for light mod and daily drive.

thanks.
eg for 10k.... well those are usually running the stock d series engines and powerful it is not, stock seg's are almost the same...

- a perdana would be alot more powerful but the maintanance costs can be very high (or what would be deemed high for a 10k car)

- an old merc would also be good and are pretty reliable but... maintenance if you get a lemon would be terribad.

- the sv is pretty decent for this money but, 2.2L means a heavy roadtax.

*i know you are not looking for a d seg but since you asked about the accord, i assume you are open to it, just remember that a d seg will always cost more tan a b/c to maintain

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
eg for 10k.... well those are usually running the stock d series engines and powerful it is not, stock seg's are almost the same...

- a perdana would be alot more powerful but the maintanance costs can be very high (or what would be deemed high for a 10k car)

- an old merc would also be good and are pretty reliable but... maintenance if you get a lemon would be terribad.

*i know you are not looking for a d seg but since you asked about the accord, i assume you are open to it, just remember that a d seg will always cost more tan a b/c to maintain
Get Lemon may even cost another RM10k to repair and maintain.....lol
Mentioned before my friend bought old 520i, every month enter workshop, repair always RM1k plus, after 6 months sold off....:bawling:

Better to take JDM, I actually love the SM4, but now pretty old dy....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Since he mentioned light chassis, why not AE101? If he wants to do a 4A-GE 20 valve transplant, the halfcut costs way lesser than a B series VTEC halfcut. I know B series had more power and modding potential but 4A-GE is not that bad itself. Toyota parts are probably cheaper than Honda as well... Theft rate for Civic is also higher.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Mentioned before my friend bought old 520i, every month enter workshop, repair always RM1k plus, after 6 months sold off....:bawling:

sv nicer!! and the h22 is pretty nice

Since he mentioned light chassis, why not AE101? If he wants to do a 4A-GE 20 valve transplant, the halfcut costs way lesser than a B series VTEC halfcut. I know B series had more power and modding potential but 4A-GE is not that bad itself. Toyota parts are probably cheaper than Honda as well... Theft rate for Civic is also higher.
hoho want one of these, better just buy a transplanted unit, you can get a pretty decent unit for 15k+- if you look hard enough
me thinks your taste is pretty similar to mine... before i bought my car, these were the types of cars i went to view (i viewed one of the heavily modified blacktops advertised here on zth, very powerful for 16k no doubt but, dont think that particular unit would drive well on the road.)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
sv nicer!! and the h22 is pretty nice

hoho want one of these, better just buy a transplanted unit, you can get a pretty decent unit for 15k+- if you look hard enough
me thinks your taste is pretty similar to mine... before i bought my car, these were the types of cars i went to view (i viewed one of the heavily modified blacktops advertised here on zth, very powerful for 16k no doubt but, dont think that particular unit would drive well on the road.)
SV4 looks more modern and sporty but people said SM4 is lighter, hence faster than SV4...

True that can get transplanted unit for around RM15k plus. But sometimes, there is a risk of getting such cars. If the previous owner did everything nicely, then it is okay. If not, problems are hard to be detected. However, if one is prepared for all these, by all means go ahead get a transplanted one. If transplant yourself, at least you will know what parts are fine and which ones are not fine from your mechanic.

I'm not sure what is your taste in cars though, hahaha.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
my taste ahh?? from what i see, i rasa similar to yours haha

only cars i liked which received negative 'feedback' were the fiat coupe and alfas~ everybody thought those were bad bad bad ideas~

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
What is your current car

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
my taste ahh?? from what i see, i rasa similar to yours haha

only cars i liked which received negative 'feedback' were the fiat coupe and alfas~ everybody thought those were bad bad bad ideas~
For me, I think I like anything that is raw and mechanical... Prefer less interference from electronics especially those that are very intrusive and noticeable during driving. I like old cars too like those during 70s era. But not as far back as those like Ford Model T or those bicycle wheel style cars, hahaha. :biggrin:

I'm not knowledgeable on Italian cars but I know they are fun cars to drive... Sporty and makes good sound.

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003

Hi,
Not looking for a powerful car. i just plan to get air filter, skim fly wheel, extractor and exhaust.

I drove a perdana before this. Not looking for a big car.

As for the SV, i asked because the weight is almost 1200kg. Just slightly heavier. Unlike Accord nowadays which are at least 1500kg. How's the fuel consumption for SV? can give me an idea?

Yup agree that d seg will alwaysa be more exxpensive.

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003

I drove a 190e and e30 about 20 years ago. i am aware of the potential liability. Yup. Sticking to JDM only. less problem with findings parts at reasonable prices/

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
thanks guys for the feedback.

So it is a choice between corolla or civic.

Accord if the fuel consumption is ok.

Not planning on heavy mods.
If you ask me, Accord's fuel consumption will not be as good as Corolla or Civic. Since it is a 2.0 VS 1.6 for 4A-FE Corolla SEG or those 1.5 or 1.6 D series engine SOHC Civic EG.

With the Corolla you can choose to go for 4A-GE transplant and as for Civic, can go for B series VTEC which can be 1.6 or 1.8 litre. 4A-GE halfcut is much cheaper than B series halfcut.

If you ask me regarding the stock Toyota 4A-FE and those D series from Honda, I think 4A-FE is a better choice since it is a DOHC engine...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hii all....

Currently i'm using Michiba 4350K/55w (Super White) bulbs in my headlamp. However, izzit will damage the plastic cover and reflector of the headlamp (plastic type) for long term use??Hope someone can give advice. :angel_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience