Goodyear Wrangle Triplemax for Forester

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The plies is covered by rubber. If can see the plies need to discard already.....:smokin:
As for air, where will the air inside the tyres be kept? From the diagram, doesn't look like there is much space between plies and the rubber compound.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As for air, where will the air inside the tyres be kept? From the diagram, doesn't look like there is much space between plies and the rubber compound.
Huh? the air inside loh! Where the word "HALOBUTYL LINER" is. That is the internal chamber. The beads are where the rims will hold the tyres...:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Huh? the air inside loh! Where the word "HALOBUTYL LINER" is. That is the internal chamber. The beads are where the rims will hold the tyres...:driver:
I see. A very thin and narrow area. Now I learned more about tyre structure. More just a piece of rubber with steel belt filled with air. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Went outstation with the Forester for CNY.
On the highway, I was surprised that these tyres were not that noisy, even though rugged looking and with block pattern, to me it was quieter than my previous Conti MC5. As was going outstation I pump back air pressure to normal since will be running high speed on highway. As mentioned before the ride is more bumpy than the Conti since the Goodyear sidewall are 2 plies and harder, but the body roll is much less and car is more stable. Running 110kph was nice and smooth. In town, since road condition was not that good the ride was more bumpy.
On our return trip yesterday, highway was completely jammed up, so use coastal route from Changkat Jering to Teluk Intan. Coastal route was clear, some part was straight and many parts winding which was good to test the Goodyears. Corners pretty well, and now with harden sidewall it performs much better than the Conti. Some parts had heavy showers and again the Goodyear performed well.
So far very satisfied with the Wrangler Tiplemax. Will test further and see how it fares as it wears....:driver:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Did another 2 outstation runs, one last weekend and another this weekend. Tyres doing well. Part highway and part federal roads when highway was seen to be jammed up looking at waze.....lol
Love the federal routes more, able to have corners and having these wrangler with stiffer sidewall was better. Even on highway have less body rolls, but then again pothole road are bumpier.....:burnout:

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Did another 2 outstation runs, one last weekend and another this weekend. Tyres doing well. Part highway and part federal roads when highway was seen to be jammed up looking at waze.....lol
Love the federal routes more, able to have corners and having these wrangler with stiffer sidewall was better. Even on highway have less body rolls, but then again pothole road are bumpier.....:burnout:
Ah this is what I want to hear, great! I think I might be getting either these or the Geolander. I'm not sure what is the treadwear rating for my toyo but for the past 20k KM, my car ate up quite a lot of my rubber lol. FWD + Turbo diesel isn't the very tyre friendly eh? :driver: Heavy right foot + occasional spirited driving could be the culprit. :biggrin:
My car has been experiencing wheel spins and minor hydroplaning lately too, I guess it's due for a change. :banghead:

Thanks for the comprehensive review btw, always love your posts!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ah this is what I want to hear, great! I think I might be getting either these or the Geolander. I'm not sure what is the treadwear rating for my toyo but for the past 20k KM, my car ate up quite a lot of my rubber lol. FWD + Turbo diesel isn't the very tyre friendly eh? :driver: Heavy right foot + occasional spirited driving could be the culprit. :biggrin:
My car has been experiencing wheel spins and minor hydroplaning lately too, I guess it's due for a change. :banghead:

Thanks for the comprehensive review btw, always love your posts!
The Geolandar made for durability, threadwear 600 but traction B only. Wrangler Triplemax Threadwear 440, but Traction A. My daughter drives the Chery with the Geolandar now, and she quite likes them. Really durable, almost 20k km slightly worn only. When got time will take some pictures.
The Forester with the Wrangler is driven by my wife. Even though slightly bumpier than the Conti, she prefers the more firm ride rather than softer with body roll....:driver:

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
The Geolandar made for durability, threadwear 600 but traction B only. Wrangler Triplemax Threadwear 440, but Traction A. My daughter drives the Chery with the Geolandar now, and she quite likes them. Really durable, almost 20k km slightly worn only. When got time will take some pictures.
The Forester with the Wrangler is driven by my wife. Even though slightly bumpier than the Conti, she prefers the more firm ride rather than softer with body roll....:driver:
Body roll is kinda inevitable in an SUV so i guess it's a plus to have the triplemax. I haven't got the chance to check out these tyres yet but I'm leaning more towards the triplemax due to the rugged groove and it's superior wet/dry handling.
Anyways, do you know any place around KL where I can do light off road? Gravel/mud nothing close to rock crawling :rolleyes:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Body roll is kinda inevitable in an SUV so i guess it's a plus to have the triplemax. I haven't got the chance to check out these tyres yet but I'm leaning more towards the triplemax due to the rugged groove and it's superior wet/dry handling.
Anyways, do you know any place around KL where I can do light off road? Gravel/mud nothing close to rock crawling :rolleyes:
The original tyres for the forester were Continental Passenger tyres MC5, that is why they are more comfy but plenty body roll. The triplemax more bumpy but less body roll, so pros and cons. Like you mention I also prefer less body roll, so I prefer the Triplemax over the MC5....:driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Finally done 10k km
Front tyre shows sign of shoulder wear
20171006_095514.jpg

Rear tyres still okay
20171006_095536.jpg

Time for tyre rotation
20171006_105112.jpg

20171006_110304.jpg

20171006_112436.jpg

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

GSR blues = turbo and fueling probs..huhuhu :(

Guys..hi and thanx for droping by..i have a few problem and i'm new to Turbo and forced induction..so hopefully the sifu's out there can lend me a few tips and advice..

o.k..my last prob was done..but noe i have a new prob..which is that i'm ysung a TD05HL from a vr4 rs..the stock injector for that engine is 510cc..but currently i'm using only 390cc..so my prob is this,when i get into the boost rpm,everything is good till 5500rpm..but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience