Proton Iswara Fuel Tank Capacity

hwee71

Mar 25, 2005
What is the maximum capacity (fuel tank in litres) of a Proton Iswara 1.3 A/B made in 2005? I pumped RM62.61 for the first time. Is the fuel tank really bigger than Proton Wira?

Agl

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Outerspace
Visit site
hwee71 said:
What is the maximum capacity (fuel tank in litres) of a Proton Iswara 1.3 A/B made in 2005? I pumped RM62.61 for the first time. Is the fuel tank really bigger than Proton Wira?
no, wira car for full tank need to pumped up RM 65+ is around that amount. n it only go for 360km SH*T!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yah, before da petrol price increased iswara aeroback can pump up to rm60+... but now should can reach rm70 adi la... haih...
Agl, but my car can go 400km lar... dun jealous ya...

hwee71, next time i pump my car i estimate for u how much petrol can enter iswara tank lar k....

Agl

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Outerspace
Visit site
SkYwAlKeR said:
yah, before da petrol price increased iswara aeroback can pump up to rm60+... but now should can reach rm70 adi la... haih...
Agl, but my car can go 400km lar... dun jealous ya...

hwee71, next time i pump my car i estimate for u how much petrol can enter iswara tank lar k....
wow, need more $$ for the car. If i'm not mistaken that day i pumped up RM50 not full tank, it go 270km only :<

mark_andrews

Known Member
May 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
about 45 liters, that's the standard capacity of wira so yeah it's bigger but I sometimes able to fill it more of course since 45 is just standards.

Last edited:

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
How about the old Saga Aeroback Automatic? Anybody know the fuel tank capacity? My full tank can get me 660KM.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i think all iswara and saga have same tank capacity.....

errr...what a FC u all got???my 1.6 satria rm50(26.3liter) can go 320km average....yours wira 1.8 or what? :hmmmm:

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Then yr Satria can go 12.1KM/L which is not very good, my friend. City or highway? A lot of bumper to bumper or just smooth ride? My Saga Aeroback 1.5 Automatic manage to get 12.7KM/L on 60% highway and the rest is smooth city ride.

I use KM/L coz it wont get affected by fuel price and still applicable when someone else read this in few years time. So to say my 50 ringgit can go how many KM is not very accurate. To get a more accurate measurement, use the station pump. Better to use back the same pump each time and pump full, then reset yr meter and begin yr journey. Next round go back to the same pump and fill the tank full again, note down the litres filled and also the mileage traveled. Say u need to pump 40 litres to get it full again and yr car meter shows 450KM then u press yr calculator 450 devide by 40 = 11.25KM/L.

Knowing yr tank capacity also good coz say yr car red light comes due to low fuel and u start to panic and start looking for petrol station and it happens that area wont have a station in another 50KM and u may think that you are in deep shit but what if you are able to tell how much fuel is left and how much further you could travel? That is possible when you know yr tank capacity and yr car's FC which is around 11.25km/L (for the example above). Ok, here is how, say yr tank capacity is 45L, go pump full and travel till the low fuel light comes on and directly go fill up full again. If say u need to fill 35L to get it full, meaning fuel left during low fuel light comes on is 10L left. Now do the maths, 10L multiply 11.25 for each litre you get approximately 110KM. To squeeze the figure further, off the aircond and be soft with the pedal and relex, cheers :)

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Then yr Satria can go 12.1KM/L which is not very good, my friend. City or highway? A lot of bumper to bumper or just smooth ride? My Saga Aeroback 1.5 Automatic manage to get 12.7KM/L on 60% highway and the rest is smooth city ride.

I use KM/L coz it wont get affected by fuel price and still applicable when someone else read this in few years time. So to say my 50 ringgit can go how many KM is not very accurate. To get a more accurate measurement, use the station pump. Better to use back the same pump each time and pump full, then reset yr meter and begin yr journey. Next round go back to the same pump and fill the tank full again, note down the litres filled and also the mileage traveled. Say u need to pump 40 litres to get it full again and yr car meter shows 450KM then u press yr calculator 450 devide by 40 = 11.25KM/L.

Knowing yr tank capacity also good coz say yr car red light comes due to low fuel and u start to panic and start looking for petrol station and it happens that area wont have a station in another 50KM and u may think that you are in deep shit but what if you are able to tell how much fuel is left and how much further you could travel? That is possible when you know yr tank capacity and yr car's FC which is around 11.25km/L (for the example above). Ok, here is how, say yr tank capacity is 45L, go pump full and travel till the low fuel light comes on and directly go fill up full again. If say u need to fill 35L to get it full, meaning fuel left during low fuel light comes on is 10L left. Now do the maths, 10L multiply 11.25 for each litre you get approximately 110KM. To squeeze the figure further, off the aircond and be soft with the pedal and relex, cheers :)

maybe mine not so fuel efficient considering its year 95 car with more than 200k on odo.... :adore: but 1.3/1.5 saga iswara should get better mileage i think (assuming engine and carb/injector tuned correctly)

320 with b2b peak morning/evening driving with A/C on.....

350 if smooth traffic (non peak hour)...

if highways maintain speed lower than 110km/h should be far better..but me sleepy if drive slow on highways... :sleep:

yep..thats why i stated the fuel amount that get pumped with RM50 notes..btw...i always calculate km/liter first just like u do but some ppl hard to digest numbers...so i somplified.... :biggrin:

and my car was auto...

well....my rule of thumb it is safe to say that average proton cars (waja,wira,satria,iswara,saga range) when warning light lit..then we got atleast 40km to squeeze from whatever amount left in the tank... :adore:

p/s:some petrol station gives u 26.32liter of fuel...and some only gives u 26.31liter for RM50.... :listen:

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
p/s:some petrol station gives u 26.32liter of fuel...and some only gives u 26.31liter for RM50.... :listen:[/QUOTE said:
I didn't know that. So that means i got 0.01liter less each time i buy petrol from that station.
That may seems not much but if buy 100 times from them, i lost 1liter of petrol already, damn.

But actually i am more worry if they give less than what the pump shows. Say if pump shows
1L, what if only 900mL goes to my fuel tank? So for every liter i fill, i lost 100mL. I hope there
is a body to check the accuracy of each pump monthly, else its hard to tell 1L is really 1L.

mikro

Known Member
Nov 16, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
The only way is don't pump till full, My iswara empty to full is rm 70, but I always pump rm 50 only. If you pump till full some oil will go back to the petrol kiosk (albeit a small amount)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Renault, a brand that was once known for its commercial vehicles like the Kangoo has been making significant strides in Malaysia. Over the past two years or so TC Euro, the distributor of everything Renault in Malaysia, has introduced a number of worthy cars like the Clio 1.6, Espace, Koleos, and the Laguna Coupe. But that's for ordinary people, leading ordinary lives and want...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience