Persona Elegance with many problems?

Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi to all driver of Proton Persona,

My purpose to open this topic of discussion is to get the feedback or an opinion or solution from the new Proton Persona Elegance that had been launched recently in Mac 2010. The reason is I just bought my own Persona Elegance for a month period but there have been several problem occured or more precisely, after one problem solved there will be another mess occured. Not my intention to downgrade Proton but in term of payment... I have to commit for 9 years. Therefore I need to know if there is another driver of Proton Persona facing the same problem that I had of worse and to get know how to solve it.

1st Problem
When I change to first gear, the engine always off.

Fixed after I sent to SC for 1000km service. The reason is fuse not tight or loose somehow. After a few days, while I was climbing a hill with my car; one major problem had occured which almost cause an accident with another car behind my car. The engine suddenly off many times on the hills. Lucky I manage to pull the handbrake & press the paddle brake. I'm stunned awhile. This car haven't go to a highest hill like Genting Highland. This weekend I'll try to drive it with my mechanic friend on Genting. If the engine off again, I had to send the car to SC "again"...

2nd Problem

I start the car and move like 2 feet and the engine goes off. I start the engine again, and the car suddenly like being posses. Hi-rev/rpm meter always jumping high. I haven't touch anything and step the accelerator at all. The engine indicator turn on also. I do feel scared after that and use my bike to go to work. Afraid like those people in America that having problem with their Toyota car that suddenly went wild to 160km/h.
So I bring the car again to SC. I always take a leave due to this problem that I didn't do. Even my boss ask me "I thought you bought a car can come early to work because of the commitment to pay but instead another situation happen..". Can you imagine how you felt if you in that kinda situation.

The problem solve, ECU problem. Fixed after they diagnose and reset using their equipment and computer.

3rd Problem

When I always using the brake, there is some uneasy noise coming from behind of my car. Like the wheel is going to loose or something similar.

This problem I haven't solve yet because it's new problem that occured. So I have to go to SC again. No time at the moment.

4th Problem

Fuel Consumption is like really fast...not an economical car. I just fill in the car with RM100. Finish within a week. I just use the car to go to work and head back home. The distance is 20km x 5 days = 100km/RM100? that's a waste. I thought this car a family car which should be an economical car.
Back then I was using Satria MIVEC 1.8 turbo = RM50 with the same distance. :hmmmm: in term of fuel consumption, this car is expensive than my previous MIVEC Turbo...:bawling: is this for real?...:adore: "miss my old Satria"

Sometimes, I feel regret buying this car. I'm the one in the family that bought a Proton car for the first time. I thought I can depend on it because it's a National car. (I'd listen to my girlfriend because soon I will be engage & marry. Buy a family car that suit for us). But it turn to be instead of it. Totally regret. It is not "Elegance" at all & I feel cheated about my car now. The test drive car is much more better than this. How is this happening.

So... pls share feedback about Proton Persona Elegance.Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
u should direct complaint to the CEO proton bro.....cos from my point of view, proton SC x blh pki nyer, they dont have experience, cuma belajar secara teori...if like that i also can say....ecu problem la, ni rosak la...same as AAM mechanic...that time my car semput2...he said Ooo need to service carburator etc la....dlm rm300++, so i bwk gi my fren wshop, i told him the story, he laughed....my spark plug cable loose...thats it.....

so i suggest u list down all the items that u think u not comfortable with....send to proton sc, leave your car a few days there, make sure they give u replacement cars...nih la dugaan sblm kawin bro....last time i was like u.....but lagi teruk, i had an accident....its normal bro...

i suspect could be ecu problem...maybe the car pernah masuk air or banjir....
so the ecu basah & kacau everything....

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Mama-Chan - you will be given 24 hours to re-type your challenges that you a facing in ENGLISH. If its not re-written in english, we will have to close this topic as we are a english forum for the whole country and world to read. Because you put in the effort to type such a long message, usually we will just deleted it off.

alonso

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
wow! so many problem for new car...sorry to hear for you bro but u cant expected in term of quality to proton cars (coz im used proton car olso) or maybe ur car unlucky (oledi got problem but QC just pass it) and i agreed with danz go make complaint to top level proton co... u cant do anything plus ur loan still many years somemore..

jpoplover

7,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2009
Nilai
my friend also bought this new Persona Elegance.. so far no problem woh.......

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
3rd Problem

When I always using the brake, there is some uneasy noise coming from behind of my car. Like the wheel is going to loose or something similar.

This problem I haven't solve yet because it's new problem that occured. So I have to go to SC again. No time at the moment.
So far 3 of my fren have dis, one from the old persona, the other the elegance model (not even 1 month old yet!) and another one is saga blm...

after repeated tries to the SC, all of their problem solved at Proton SC-COE beside the kesas highway... all solution are the same... change the rear drum brake (1 set)... but have to wait 1 week since need the engineer from the factory to come in and check

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Maybe just not your luck.

I'm driving persona SE year 2009.

I find it quite a good car.

The only issue i've had is that there was a sound somewhere. My 1st stop at the sc, it was resolved.

Sometimes, it is the sc that you go to. i've been with my SC when i first used Savvy. I was at the sc for almost 4 years. And i had to go back only once to get it checked twice due to electronic failure..

As for the fuel consumption, it is not fuel efficient in towns and cities and the right foot can make it worst.

But i still like and confident of the car.

jerry tan

May 23, 2010
Selangor
i suggest u to write an e-mail complaint about the problem u having now to PROTON. Then CC your email to PERODUA, TOYOTA, HONDA, NISSAN, MALAY MAIL, THE STAR, NST, UTUSAN MALAYSIA etc.... with this, i believe your Persona problem will solve fast.if not, they will drag u up & down until ypur car warranty is over. if can, request for a new car. after your problem is solve, sell the car. Then try to look for a 2nd japanese car (if u hv a bigger budget, get a new one)

Mama-chan

Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i suggest u to write an e-mail complaint about the problem u having now to PROTON. Then CC your email to PERODUA, TOYOTA, HONDA, NISSAN, MALAY MAIL, THE STAR, NST, UTUSAN MALAYSIA etc.... with this, i believe your Persona problem will solve fast.if not, they will drag u up & down until ypur car warranty is over. if can, request for a new car. after your problem is solve, sell the car. Then try to look for a 2nd japanese car (if u hv a bigger budget, get a new one)
I agree with you, jerry. Some of my friends that I've met recently told me the same thing. Their car which is Saga BLM 1.3 & Satria Neo have some major problem on their car as well until their warranty over and yet the car is not repair totally. They have been going more than 18 times to SC which is located somewhere near Glenmarie in Shah Alam. They totally lost their interest in their car. I dunno what they have in mind atm but they bought a new car which is Honda City 1.5 & Mitsubishi Lancer GT 2.0. Well, they were lucky to be born in rich family and I'm not. If I had the power to summon back time. I will do it cause I feel the same way :bawling: as they did with their previous car right now.

I was lucky not to have an accident with my car atm. Almost (with a new Myvi SE while climbing the hill when the engine suddenly off) but not yet. Proton car somehow scare a lot to me now. However, I already booked my appointment "again" with Proton SC. Will tell you guys the result after that. Any owner of Proton Persona Elegance want to share? It will be helpful a lot to us if we had the same problem. I need a solution...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
actually it all depends on luck...some ppl have no issues wid their persona's....
yeah i agree wid jerry tan's idea...email the press as well....& make sure u get a replacement car when your ride is in SC. i dont think u could sell your car immediately, at least u have to use it for 5-6 yrs since your loan is 9yrs...then only can sell, by that time u only have very lil profit margin...

wat are proton QC ppl doin? tido ah? proton should look into their employees kpi....

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
bro,i am also driving proton persona iafm auto old version,the problem with the old batch persona as below -

1.steering always cannot straight 1 even after done alignment ( bush problem )

2.whenever you pump petrol,the needle won't go up till the top ( fuel pump problem )

3.when drive through uneven road got sound like metal hitting something ( problem still not solve as many ppl tried and got post this problem b4,but for my car the sound gone after some time )

4.fuel cover leg broken and the clip fall off ( nowadays if u really see on the road,alot of persona fuel cover is black color,reason is they went back to claim the whole cover but only black color available,if same car color have to wait almost 1 week,i changed mine b4,they sprayed the color not so same as my car 1,lighter color.

5.when the car drive until 100km the pedal there got vibrate,felt quite uneasy also but after i changed the aftermarket lighten crank pulley - problem solve,dunno what is the problem also.

6.Rear boot can't open with key,after i went to sc and complaint,they fixed it for me.

7.When on aircond got sound

so far all the problem above is what i am facing b4 in past persona,only problem num 1 not solve yet,i also very boring dy go to sc here and there to claim waranty,then have to wait also,my car also pay 9 years 1,at first i also thought the car very good,after drive for some time,the car is bullshit,no pick up,body very heavy and quality sucks,a bit better than gen-2 only,then i piss off,since things already happens and i got the car,i start to mod it,after modding it,my petrol even better than b4,my pick up much more better than standard persona,can ditch 1 1/2 car if race with standard persona,btw,if you want to claim warranty or service your car,dun go to the 1 located near kesas highway,big only the place but they do work no pro,go to glenmarie proton edar or those small shop near your place even better,if you plan to still drive this car,i suggest u change the extractor to 4-2-1,then add bullet and change muffler,change drop in air filter,change ligten crank pulley,cam pulley and change your tyre size to 195 / 55 then your ride will be much more better and petrol also save.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
1.steering always cannot straight 1 even after done alignment ( bush problem )
** change all to super pro bushers lo
2.whenever you pump petrol,the needle won't go up till the top ( fuel pump problem )
**i think got something wrong with the ball (pelampung) same as in the toilet
3.when drive through uneven road got sound like metal hitting something ( problem still not solve as many ppl tried and got post this problem b4,but for my car the sound gone after some time )
**check your exhaust, might be hitting the heat shield

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
:) sifu danz give opinion liao,hehe...by the way,anyone heard of this pivot drive 3 and sprint booster product?heard that it can solve the drive by wire lag prob,wonder what can i check out this 2 item?anyone use it b4 on campro auto?is this product cool to use or just gimmick?oh yea,the bush i mean is the 1 located inside the engine there,for the steering 1 ( can be seen once u peep down at the engine there,this 1 can mod to super pro bush meh?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

does auto transmission uses clutch?? hows with iswara, wira, perdana and waja auto. coz across one article saying cvt uses torque converter and not clutch. just wanna check out if normal auto box works the same.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience