Photos of engine internals

shiroitenshi

Apr 18, 2006
Like DIV suggested..

Here's some photos of piston still in block.. give your comments what those stuff on the piston face means.. :biggrin:

nksc

Mar 21, 2006
Re: Photoes of engine internals

fuh so much carbon...rite?!?!:hmmmm:

bien335

Aug 3, 2009

more carbon = lighter

carbon fibre is lighter than normal steel, so the more carbon you have, the more lighter your engine is, more performance.

Correct Shiro?

:p

D-IV

Mar 11, 2006

more carbon = lighter

carbon fibre is lighter than normal steel, so the more carbon you have, the more lighter your engine is, more performance.

Correct Shiro?

:p
You were really asking to go into my signature hahaha... well you just made it :p

D-IV

Mar 11, 2006

Were you burning oil on this motor? The one that i had in my previous motor had a different texture on the piston compared to this one and i can say my motor was pretty rich that time :bawling:

I lost the one's where i had the close up on the piston. I'll look it up on my other laptop if i can find it.

crazykatak

Mar 1, 2006

erm..piston has alot of carbon.juz polish it will do the trick.

the shape on the face helps to create swirl effect during intake stroke

shiroitenshi

Apr 18, 2006

actually more carbon, more compression, because it adds to the piston dome cc, and minus the valve pockets volume. :rofl:

As you can see the pitted edges at the sides.. Those were some signs of light detonation/knock.. lol.
That's why the swirl is different from your motor.

Yeah, it was burning oil. Valve 1 leaked pretty badly, but the carbon went to the other areas as well.

Carbon is normal because I connect the PCV valve at the head to the intake. if don't want it to be that bad, then use a catch can.

D-IV

Mar 11, 2006

Can't see the pitting but i'm sure when you were burning oil, it can cause some detonation. How bout those flaky white stuffs i see on the piston? Are those sand? or are those just light reflections? coz initially i thought some sand or debris went into your motor coz you weren't running a filter on..

added: I envy this motor, the sleeves on the coolant passage are free of rust and damn clean. Look at mine hahaha... how do you clean it from rust anyway? any quick way?

SePaT

Jan 8, 2004

i must say u must be "injecting" hell of fuel ... sure got api-api at the muffler during shifting time :adore:

jeheyr

Jun 1, 2004
Ampang Jaya
community.webshots.com

Were you burning oil on this motor? The one that i had in my previous motor had a different texture on the piston compared to this one and i can say my motor was pretty rich that time :bawling:

I lost the one's where i had the close up on the piston. I'll look it up on my other laptop if i can find it.
fuhhh... PCT?

dcloo

May 11, 2005

and how about this guys u think about it :rofl:

hattech-v

Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my

its a b20b block with 86mm wiseco block with arp stud. combine with pro 3 will get 250+ atw with race fuel... :biggrin:
can easily tapau k24 inside EK... :rofl:

evoX2

May 11, 2005
KCH

how much compression you get from this? 13:1??

dcloo

May 11, 2005

its a b20b block with 86mm wiseco block with arp stud. combine with pro 3 will get 250+ atw with race fuel... :biggrin:
can easily tapau k24 inside EK... :rofl:
No EK.. the EG blue colour from johor lol......

D-IV

Mar 11, 2006

Yes those were PCT's in my old B16a block. It shouldn't be anywhere around 13.1:1, 11-ish sounds more realistic. I didn't have that api api that you mentioned though hahaha... I just intentionally put it on the RICH side to see how it looks like before i start changing to b20b block and then check out the head and then check condition of the rings for knowledge purposes. I was gonna put it to lean but i don't wanna damage my head in the process hehe...

Lately there has been reports on strange series of accidents with the ultimate Audi R8. It was not in Russia but in some other West European country, the newest and limited edition R8 was burned down in matter of seconds, Its light metal body melted down and nobody could explain the strange phenomenon. One Audi R8 less. But the reasons are not so mysterious as in Europe...