Good Info: Car Tyre and Rims

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
How would they know where to mark and shift? I thought only road force balances can do that. Think I need to watch the hunter video again.

I’ve never seen normal balancing where they deflate and rotate the Tyre on the wheel. Not even the ss14 shop you recommended.
When the weights are a lot more than 80gms, means the tyre and rim have combine weight on one side, they just mark the tyre where the valve is and rotate 180 degrees. So far it has worked bringing the weights down. If not mistaken only once I saw that fail, and tyre shop remove the tyres and change to another. They mention tyre fault and will send back to manufacturer for further checking......lol

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Why is there a need to completely remove the tyre from the rim?
No need for balancing procedure, just explaining remounting.....lol

For balancing just need to de-bead tyre from the rim edge then and shift the tyres around the rims before inflating back....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

VW Golf R finally arrives! Passat CC R-line also revealed!

We waited, and waited, and the wait is now finally over. It is official - the Golf R has finally landed on our shores! Just to quickly go through the stats once more: 2.0L turbo mated to a 6-speed DSG box, 255PS and 330Nm, 4MOTION all-wheel drive system, Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience