New Subaru Global Platform Explained

Amirul

Resident Journalist

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com
Subaru has pulled off the veil off their new Subaru Global Platform at the Singapore Motorshow 2017. The unveiling was made by Motor Image, the exclusive distributor of Subaru vehicles across 9 countries in Asia.

The new Subaru Global Platform is a brand new revamp of the company’s vehicle architecture, elevating overall vehicle performance and at the same time offering unparalleled driving experience with optimised safety. The all-new Subaru Impreza will be the introductory model to fully incorporate the Subaru Global Platform.

Speaking at the launch, Mr Glenn Tan, Executive Director Tan Chong International Ltd said, “With significant improvement to its overall vehicle performance, the new Subaru Global Platform is set to be a game changer for the Subaru brand. The enhancements to the new platform seat a new benchmark in driving comfort, performance and safety, promising drivers an experience like no other. We are excited to be able to launch the Subaru Global Platform throughout our vehicle lineup in our markets in the near future.”

Revolutionary combined with versatility

The new Subaru Global Platform uses a single, unified design and offers adjustability to cater to different requirements of different models. In addition, this single design concept gives an advantage in terms of manufacturing capability as it allows the brand to produce platform components for multiple models in one single production facility.

Other than continuing to complement and enhance the basic foundation of Subaru’s technologies such as the boxer engine and all-wheel drive system, the platform is not only adaptable to gasoline engines but also to different drivetrains such as hybrid, plug-in hybrid, electric and other types of alternative propelling units.

The new Subaru Global Platform is developed with focus on these 3 aspects:

1. Confidence

As the cornerstone of all Subaru vehicles, overall safety empowers its drivers with the confidence behind the wheel, regardless of terrain and weather condition. The new Subaru Global Platform complies to the highest safety standards through its active safety features (5mm lower centre of gravity aids in obstacle-avoidance capabilities) and its passive safety features (occupant protection by hot-press method for its materials).

All of the goals are achieved by the usage of 55% more high tensile steel, thus maintaining a relatively low weight while at the same time offering 170% improved body rigidity.

2. Comfort

No matter the kind of driving situation, be it spirited drives or short trips to the groceries, the new platform’s improved rigidity, minimized resonance and distortion greatly reduces vibrations from the steering wheel, floor and seats. Acceleration noise is reduced by 1 decibel by increasing engine mount rigidity. Bump absorption is improved without warping the body of the car by increasing suspension rigidity. The rear stabiliser bar is now body-mounted, resulting in a significant reduction of body roll compared to present models.

3. Control

Complementing Subaru’s core technologies – boxer engine and Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system – the new Subaru Global Platform works together with improved chassis and suspension rigidity to deliver a more responsive steering that allows better vehicle control.

Subaru claims the new platform will help in straight line stability, as the more responsive steering allows for easier correction when encountering crosswinds or rough terrain.

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, i own a 06 Citra
my air cond was giving me problem ...when i accelerate, there is this whinning sound that goes louder as i acccelerate.
Notice when i switch off my air cond, no problem
after a while i notice, only when the compressor kicks in ...then this sound will come

Went to air cond shop in Sunway 1-2 months back, confirm compressor bearing problem, but they cant fix, just advice me take a recond set (650 including service, cleaning and new filter)
after install, tested...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience