How to remove burnt oil stains on SS exhaust extractor

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
As the title goes, I need some suggestion from all of you. How do I remove the burnt oil stain on my SS exhaust extractor? Mine isn't polished finish, it is matte kinda finish. I wouldn't mind some scratches on it, as long as the ugly stain are gone.

Please share some ideas :adore::adore:

P.S i have tried using autosol, it didn't made any difference lol.

Attachments

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I heard from my mechanic that wiping with petrol can remove any oil stain. He uses petrol to wash away oil stain.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
As in this kinda stain? I don't think petrol are strong enough to remove this kinda stain. I just grab a picture off google to roughly give an idea of what kinda stain

Attachments

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Wrap it with thermal wrap.

You're welcome.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
As in this kinda stain? I don't think petrol are strong enough to remove this kinda stain. I just grab a picture off google to roughly give an idea of what kinda stain
This kind of stain looks like it really has burned into the steel itself. Not sure is it possible to remove them.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not oil stain. right? More like burn into the metal stain, or metal change color.....:hmmmm:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Not oil stain. right? More like burn into the metal stain, or metal change color.....:hmmmm:
i think his got burnt marks coz of mech didnt wipe clean the extractor on his last workshop visit. if not his extractor would have that nice patina (correct ah?)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
err i wanna try cleaning it first, as of now i have no intention of wrapping it:biggrin:
From a zero to hundred (performance) perspective, wrapping it will reduce under hood temperatures and contain the heat in, which means faster exhaust flow out, which means less pumping losses from the engine.

But if you only care about show and not go, forget I said anything.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
This kind of stain looks like it really has burned into the steel itself. Not sure is it possible to remove them.
Ya lo that's the tricky bit sigh..

Try scotch bite. If cannot, then steel wool....:driver:
I did some research on the web, suggested that never ever use steel wool. no idea why also hahaha

ya lo like burnt into the ss piping d, headache la

i think his got burnt marks coz of mech didnt wipe clean the extractor on his last workshop visit. if not his extractor would have that nice patina (correct ah?)
I miss the gold/blue runners :frown:

From a zero to hundred (performance) perspective, wrapping it will reduce under hood temperatures and contain the heat in, which means faster exhaust flow out, which means less pumping losses from the engine.

But if you only care about show and not go, forget I said anything.
The reason why i avoid wrapping is exactly what sweelt shown you above. I hope you respect different opinions and no i'm not the kind of guy that cares about "show and not go". peace.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Y
I did some research on the web, suggested that never ever use steel wool. no idea why also hahaha
Yours are matte finish mah! If polished finish I am sure the steel wool will scar it.
You can try light sandpaper on one part and see what happens. If ok, then carry on

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Yours are matte finish mah! If polished finish I am sure the steel wool will scar it.
You can try light sandpaper on one part and see what happens. If ok, then carry on
Hmm true. Gotta buy some fine grade sand paper and try out this weekend :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can someone teach me or help me on installing wira s.e bumper to wira sedan?? and the grill.. coz i install the grill, seen like "terkeluar" from the lamp..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience