Slim spare tyre for old Satria

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Can I replace my full size spare tyre with slim spare tyre like those in those modern cars? Mine is 1996 satria. So can reduce some weight. appreciate your input

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Can I replace my full size spare tyre with slim spare tyre like those in those modern cars? Mine is 1996 satria. So can reduce some weight. appreciate your input
Why not? Main thing whether you can find one the fits your PCD and with tyre around your original tyre diameter. Must remember space saver spare tyres are take you home tyres and should be not driven over 80kph

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Why not? Main thing whether you can find one the fits your PCD and with tyre around your original tyre diameter. Must remember space saver spare tyres are take you home tyres and should be not driven over 80kph
i found this in the marketplace:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=218587

I guess this one is correct, but from 2004. Im still using the original tyre size and rim, 14" one. Noted on the space saver tyre constraints.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i found this in the marketplace:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=218587

I guess this one is correct, but from 2004. Im still using the original tyre size and rim, 14" one. Noted on the space saver tyre constraints.
RM80 to 100 only, prices are not bad. On calculation looks like you need the 16" one which is closer to your original diameter. Maybe can try putting the spare next to your original tyre to check overall diameter size.....:driver:

Last edited:

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
RM80 to 100 only, prices are not bad. On calculation looks like you need the 16" one which is closer to your original diameter. Maybe can try putting the spare next to your original tyre to check overall diameter size.....:driver:
ok.. if im using 14" tyre, meaning the spare tyre rim size would be bigger right, thats why u said 16", because the spare tyre is thinner. ok, will do that, thanks. maybe price now could be up to RM120

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ok.. if im using 14" tyre, meaning the spare tyre rim size would be bigger right, thats why u said 16", because the spare tyre is thinner. ok, will do that, thanks. maybe price now could be up to RM120
Your original are 14", if stock size is 175/65R14, upgrade size will be 185/60R14. I saw from your link the space saver spare are 115/70, so is very narrow meaning sidewall also less so have to make up with rim size....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, wanna know is there any kia spectra user here? wonder if u can share your opinion?
is this car OK for general use?

around year 03-05

part will spoil easily? just heard from my friend, spectra spare part not that hard to find, just a bit expensive, is it true?

Fuel consumption ok?? example how many sen per km?

if compare to hyundai accent, which more OK ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience