Just A Survey

Evo/Lancer. Daily Driven or Weekend only?

• Daily Driving

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend/Trackdays

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
Hi MLOCians, :wavey:

just wanna hv a survey how many of you guys drives ur evo/lancer as a daily driver and how many of yu drive only during weekend/trackdays.

any pro/con based on what u choosed will be more appreciated.

thanks.

Solty8

Since nobody reply yet, let me try to answer my pov.

I used to drive the Lancer convert CM5A 1.8 Turbo, Full tank around RM 70-80 if the low petrol fuel blink till can't turn off. Can go around 350 - 450km. 350km around town area and 450km got go kesas, nkve, not really outstation as last time tried can hit up to 500km + - there travel to ipoh. But no spirited driving, just maintain 110km/h - 120km/h sumtimes 140km/h for overtaking. Since not 4WD so can't really comment much for those running evo, but I believe most of those convert should have more or less same experience.

I do have another ride which is my daily driver from p2, and the fuel consumption is actually slightly better, so sometimes I would drive the p2 coz it's smaller, easier to zig zag and to find parking. Currently, the Lancer is usually parked at home, and used my other family members. But due to my plan to do it up properly, so might be making it my full time daily driver. For not in town driving, I believe driving Turbo car will consume slightly more petrol, but u get more power so it's a pro or con depends on how u look at it.

For maintaining it, well, again since it's turbo, u must make sure to change engine oil every 5000 km or 10,000 km depends on how a'nal about it. For me, sometimes I snake abit and delay till 10,000km or 20,000km only change. Only using semi synthetic, altho cost not much, if every month service also can't tahan, sumore don't really drive in a very spirited way, I think I am one of those apek drivers around, most of the time when driving the Lancer all p2, p1, honda, toyota, all overtake me easily. :driver:

So for those who only have 1 car, and it's your daily driver, I do think it might be an issue as when u service it, or when got any problem, you don't have any transport edi. So best is to do all the maintainence accordingly, don't delay or wait else you might have problem traveling. Haven't done any tracking yet, maybe one day got chance. :rofl:

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
what is the purpose/benefit from this survey?
the purpose or benefit of this thread is to have general acknowledgment how many of us driving their car as DD or weekend. that's all.

Since nobody reply yet, let me try to answer my pov.

I used to drive the Lancer convert CM5A 1.8 Turbo, Full tank around RM 70-80 if the low petrol fuel blink till can't turn off. Can go around 350 - 450km. 350km around town area and 450km got go kesas, nkve, not really outstation as last time tried can hit up to 500km + - there travel to ipoh. But no spirited driving, just maintain 110km/h - 120km/h sumtimes 140km/h for overtaking. Since not 4WD so can't really comment much for those running evo, but I believe most of those convert should have more or less same experience.

I do have another ride which is my daily driver from p2, and the fuel consumption is actually slightly better, so sometimes I would drive the p2 coz it's smaller, easier to zig zag and to find parking. Currently, the Lancer is usually parked at home, and used my other family members. But due to my plan to do it up properly, so might be making it my full time daily driver. For not in town driving, I believe driving Turbo car will consume slightly more petrol, but u get more power so it's a pro or con depends on how u look at it.

For maintaining it, well, again since it's turbo, u must make sure to change engine oil every 5000 km or 10,000 km depends on how a'nal about it. For me, sometimes I snake abit and delay till 10,000km or 20,000km only change. Only using semi synthetic, altho cost not much, if every month service also can't tahan, sumore don't really drive in a very spirited way, I think I am one of those apek drivers around, most of the time when driving the Lancer all p2, p1, honda, toyota, all overtake me easily. :driver:

So for those who only have 1 car, and it's your daily driver, I do think it might be an issue as when u service it, or when got any problem, you don't have any transport edi. So best is to do all the maintainence accordingly, don't delay or wait else you might have problem traveling. Haven't done any tracking yet, maybe one day got chance. :rofl:
thanks for the reply bro. as for me, i still have p1 for daily driving but since my job requires me to travel alot, so both p1 and evo are just being parked under the garage without no one even bother to start my cars. and sometimes can even drag up to 2-3 months without starting :bawling:

so in this case, any recommendation to do with the cars? sometimes even my battery last only 1 year :banghead::banghead::banghead:

the purpose or benefit of this thread is to have general acknowledgment how many of us driving their car as DD or weekend. that's all.

thanks for the reply bro. as for me, i still have p1 for daily driving but since my job requires me to travel alot, so both p1 and evo are just being parked under the garage without no one even bother to start my cars. and sometimes can even drag up to 2-3 months without starting :bawling:

so in this case, any recommendation to do with the cars? sometimes even my battery last only 1 year :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Let me borrow your Evo then for 2-3months, I'll surely won't leave it alone in the garage! :driver:

Anyway I've never owned an Evo so I cannot comment much, but in terms of normal Lancers, yes I had owned a few before and they were my daily drives.

Solty8

Well, if u got a cousin or bro or relative who u trust can ask him or her to help u do the daily start or driving of your ride. Else can sell it off if really no time to take care. It's really sad but no choice, 3 months never start u might have issues, especially if the brake and petrol pump never work out it might jam like what happen to my sun roof. Till now still can't solve the problem beside getting a half cut sun roof and test out part by part. So far, assume sun roof ecu got problem.

U travel to overseas ? If just outstation can drive ur rides. :driver:

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
Let me borrow your Evo then for 2-3months, I'll surely won't leave it alone in the garage! :driver:

Anyway I've never owned an Evo so I cannot comment much, but in terms of normal Lancers, yes I had owned a few before and they were my daily drives.
must be good feeling if you can drive your lancer everyday :wavey:

Well, if u got a cousin or bro or relative who u trust can ask him or her to help u do the daily start or driving of your ride. Else can sell it off if really no time to take care. It's really sad but no choice, 3 months never start u might have issues, especially if the brake and petrol pump never work out it might jam like what happen to my sun roof. Till now still can't solve the problem beside getting a half cut sun roof and test out part by part. So far, assume sun roof ecu got problem.

U travel to overseas ? If just outstation can drive ur rides. :driver:
yeah i travel to overseas but as a coolie only. :rofl:

my brothers don't bother about the car since they have their own ride to take care of. i don't mind leaving the p1 for quite long time because we all know the maintenance are quite low. but i'm worried bout my evo. say something jammed i :banghead::banghead::banghead: lah. hehehe.

any other evo/lancer out there mind to share his/her tought? :adore::adore:

must be good feeling if you can drive your lancer everyday :wavey:

yeah i travel to overseas but as a coolie only. :rofl:

my brothers don't bother about the car since they have their own ride to take care of. i don't mind leaving the p1 for quite long time because we all know the maintenance are quite low. but i'm worried bout my evo. say something jammed i :banghead::banghead::banghead: lah. hehehe.

any other evo/lancer out there mind to share his/her tought? :adore::adore:
Well must be a good feeling to be able to own an Evo! :)
As for my previous Lancers, nothing special, just ordinary cars like a Proton Wira/Putra, so no special good feeling driving it daily as well. In fact it gets boring after sometime. But Evo surely should be a different story!
Btw you must be a really highly paid 'coolie' to be able to own an Evo. What kind of 'coolie' is it? Maybe I'll be interested too so I also can own an Evo! :D

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
no lah bro. not really high paid coolie. been busting my a** out there day & night, skipped so many tt, lose gf also just to own an evo.

btw bro 6UE5t, i think u should vote under DD right? since u drive ur lancer every day

no lah bro. not really high paid coolie. been busting my a** out there day & night, skipped so many tt, lose gf also just to own an evo.

btw bro 6UE5t, i think u should vote under DD right? since u drive ur lancer every day
Hehe at least got enough $$$ & opportunity to be able to own one. Well, with great sacrifices comes great reward!
Ok voted already.

p3jal

Jan 20, 2007
salam bro. if evo daily drive not very good loh..if office near office ok la. minyak boleh jimat if home ----> office near jimat. if home to office far better use another car.u own evo sure know how the fuel consumption.or if your brother or father can start ur evo or bawak ronda ronda taman also should be good when u at overseas.at least the car berjalan. =) first time i bought my evo. about 1 month i daily drive . bawak pergi keje , jalan . but the fuel cannot tahan ler =D.now i simpan je use on weekend.tapi kadang kadang weekend also tak bawak haha just start jer.

I thought if you drive smoothly and keep below 3k rpm it's not too bad since the boost is not spooled up yet. How may km can you get per ltr?

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
7-8km/lit for conservative town drive lo....
if conservative fully highway drive 110-120kmh, can acheive 10km/lit....

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
7-8km/lit for conservative town drive lo....
if conservative fully highway drive 110-120kmh, can acheive 10km/lit....
wah ur can can get 7-8L/KM ah bro calvin? why mine cannot get one :banghead: hehehe

bad news for me as my office is quite far from my house. i've tried once for a full week and my petrol bills like RM50/per day :banghead: and again lucky for me normally my car always park under the garage :rofl:

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Hehe at least got enough $$$ & opportunity to be able to own one. Well, with great sacrifices comes great reward!
Ok voted already.
thanks for the vote bro :wavey:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
Drive under 3k rpm n NO boost... N dun get stuck in jam... Sure can achieve...

Anyone knows where to get Ferodo DS3000 brake pads in KL ?
I know where to get them in Singapore but don't want to travel so far la.
These are for AP Racing 6 pot calipers. Do let me know asap..