VW Services & Warranty Issues

Jul 14, 2017
Hi Newbie Here, to begin here a bit of my story..

My drive is VW Vento TSi, honestly after almost a year drive a VW, I slowly fall in love with it, for me personally it was a fun drive.. (as I travel daily from seremban to KL) a good torque & awesome handling.. not bad for a 1.2cc compact sedan.. I know there're alot of bad rumors about VW cars especially there DSG gearbox.. for now mine are in good condition.. travelling daily make me full utilizes of the gearbox by not just use the 'D' mode.. sometimes on the highway I'm using the 'S' (sports mode) when there's a car tailgating me & high beam several time while there're notice there're cars in front of me, & yes sometimes I do tailgate other cars when feel like in a F&F mode.. hehe.. & when not using the highway I'm in 'Touge' mode tackling the corners the 'Manual' (+/-) mode is the best.. & yup honestly there're couples of time I switch off the traction control off to feel the adrenaline rush just feel the rear end a bit off & try to regain the traction.. from my short story feel like I'm a GT racer right?! hehe.. nahh! I'm just a average speed junkies guy that into cars, only plays GT6 (& Winning Eleven hehe..) on my old PS3, often going to SpeedCityKL (before it was closed) & I did take the drifting lesson with Wan Bro.. & I like fast cars.. add up.. I started from Proton Wira Convert 4G63T (VR4 220) to Proton Waja & my previous ride was Civic FD2 with Type R bodykits a minors mods plus TT with CFDC twice.. JDM rocks! but as I was married (august last year) my wife drag me to this germany cars.. I was fighting for the XV but its not that I'm scared of my wife.. it just my wife doesn't scared of me hehe..

ok..enough of that lets move to the main topic

I'm not a technical guys but I do knows about engine & I can change the engine oils which is I did on my previous cars, the question is.. everytime I take my VW to SC I feel like its not worth it.. the price is increase from the last time but the bills items same.. I've done my research about breaking the rules & hand off.. just asking for opinion & a good VW or any workshop that are reliable

any guidance from kings & sifus are highly appreciate!
tqvm & selamat hari raya

Your car is still under warranty, so you should carry on with your service schedule with them....

The problem with DSG is only from the dry clutch DSG.
Wet type is ok.
The mechatronic part will set you back couole thousand to replace when its out of warranty.

Some VW engine is consuming oil and they ( VW ) knows about it as its stated in the owners manual to do oil top up at certain mileage. I leave this to individual judgement but to me a new engine shouldnt require oil top up. I cam accept minimal oil top up but 1 liter after about 5k km is not up to mark with todays manufacturing std.
Ask a honest VW tech about what liquid is dripping when they remove the inntercooler hose of a turbo VW engine and you will understand.

However,this does not eliminate the fact that VW cars are better to drive than most japanese car. Well,its actually all normal europe car beats normal jap car in term of driving dynamic.

on the service i suggest u maintain at sc until your warranty ends.there are couple of expensive things which can still fail.

alcyon

Sep 13, 2015
Well, a lot of modern cars have low tension piston rings to save fuel, so you cant really escape oil consumption even with other brands.

Hi Newbie Here, to begin here a bit of my story..

My drive is VW Vento TSi, honestly after almost a year drive a VW, I slowly fall in love with it, for me personally it was a fun drive.. (as I travel daily from seremban to KL) a good torque & awesome handling.. not bad for a 1.2cc compact sedan.. I know there're alot of bad rumors about VW cars especially there DSG gearbox.. for now mine are in good condition.. travelling daily make me full utilizes of the gearbox by not just use the 'D' mode.. sometimes on the highway I'm using the 'S' (sports mode) when there's a car tailgating me & high beam several time while there're notice there're cars in front of me, & yes sometimes I do tailgate other cars when feel like in a F&F mode.. hehe.. & when not using the highway I'm in 'Touge' mode tackling the corners the 'Manual' (+/-) mode is the best.. & yup honestly there're couples of time I switch off the traction control off to feel the adrenaline rush just feel the rear end a bit off & try to regain the traction.. from my short story feel like I'm a GT racer right?! hehe.. nahh! I'm just a average speed junkies guy that into cars, only plays GT6 (& Winning Eleven hehe..) on my old PS3, often going to SpeedCityKL (before it was closed) & I did take the drifting lesson with Wan Bro.. & I like fast cars.. add up.. I started from Proton Wira Convert 4G63T (VR4 220) to Proton Waja & my previous ride was Civic FD2 with Type R bodykits a minors mods plus TT with CFDC twice.. JDM rocks! but as I was married (august last year) my wife drag me to this germany cars.. I was fighting for the XV but its not that I'm scared of my wife.. it just my wife doesn't scared of me hehe..

ok..enough of that lets move to the main topic

I'm not a technical guys but I do knows about engine & I can change the engine oils which is I did on my previous cars, the question is.. everytime I take my VW to SC I feel like its not worth it.. the price is increase from the last time but the bills items same.. I've done my research about breaking the rules & hand off.. just asking for opinion & a good VW or any workshop that are reliable

any guidance from kings & sifus are highly appreciate!
tqvm & selamat hari raya

Which VW service center do you go to? Perhaps you should try other SCs. And refuse any and all of those stupid additives sometimes they like to force you to buy.