WTA: Owning a Evo VIII

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha my cousin initial wanted to arrange a Subaru Impreza Convoy for his wedding. His parents and parents in law shouted up and down those are lala chai's car. My cousin is a highly educated Architect, then he said shut it its my wedding and my style. Unfortunately the wife somehow wanted a more luxury one, in the end they go for Mercedes S Classe. After the wedding he said damn bo song ... But i told him, it's you and your wife's wedding, you need to compromise your bromance for her. That's why getting married all about, compromising and sacrificing. After all, they are just cars, your wife and parents in law can't see the point then so be it lo.
Lucky I did not have this problem. I actually drove my own car (yup, no driver), a 3 door 1st Gen Accord for my wedding. My wife's sister being the bride's maid had to crawl in to the back seat.....hhahahhahah:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha, that Singaporean girl with the pink Evo is also quite active. I saw her also join one big gathering between SG & MY Evo owners sometime back in Cameron Highland. She's surely still using her car now as I saw her only few days ago in KL-Seremban Highway here, just driving slowly in the middle lane.

My kids are like this: "Dad, that's an Evo, over take it! Dad, that's a GTR, can we catch it?" But then when we drive up Genting: "Dad, slowdown PLEASE! :rofl:
Took my daughter along to meet bro. Izso at GT auto. She was seen checking out the GTR35 engine....lol:rofl:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Lucky I did not have this problem. I actually drove my own car (yup, no driver), a 3 door 1st Gen Accord for my wedding. My wife's sister being the bride's maid had to crawl in to the back seat.....hhahahhahah:biggrin:
Hahaha !! That's why i always prefer a 4 door ride, at least no need to trouble anyone when i need to fetch more than 1 person. Well being a guy, it's better to drive 4 door cars, more doors, more chicks :proud:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Later your daughter can become like that Singaporean girl who drives the pink Evo IX! :top:
Her car in mind was the Veloster but the turbo version not here. Now eyeing Forte Koup....hahhaha:rofl:
Dream car is Golf R, since she have driven almost all of the VW and Audi Models already....:driver:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha !! That's why i always prefer a 4 door ride, at least no need to trouble anyone when i need to fetch more than 1 person. Well being a guy, it's better to drive 4 door cars, more doors, more chicks :proud:
My first 3 cars were all 2 doors cars. Good is people don't like to crawl in so no need fetch or ferry them......hhahahahhahahahhaha:rofl:
Good also when kids are young. My 4th car was 4 door after kids grown up a bit.....lol:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Her car in mind was the Veloster but the turbo version not here. Now eyeing Forte Koup....hahhaha:rofl:
Dream car is Golf R, since she have driven almost of the VW and Audi Models already....:driver:
Forte Koup? :confused: Better give her your VR then you buy an Evo or something. :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
One down side of the EVO, ordinary people can't see its value ~ Especially typical aunties and uncles ... Really annoyed by some relatives boasting about their children get luxury cars and shit. Other black sheeps like other cousins and me who have different ideas on cars, they said we are immature, those cars can't fetch any resale value and shit. Sometimes just felt like asking them to shut the hell up and drive your stupid junk, and stay away from commenting our passion. Hate it the most when they said those cars can't fetch children and oldies. If i will have children, i make sure my children knows their dad's passion in real driving pleasure.
I agree with this. Not just old uncles and aunties say such words. Youngsters too. People around my age at around 19-25 tell me these kind of things too. I'll just respond like I am listening to them and forget about their words later.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I agree with this. Not just old uncles and aunties say such words. Youngsters too. People around my age at around 19-25 tell me these kind of things too. I'll just respond like I am listening to them and forget about their words later.
Yup, don't argue, just in one ear out the other......hhahahhahahha:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, don't argue, just in one ear out the other......hhahahhahahha:rofl:
Different mentalities and viewpoints between two person. Hard to get messages across each other. Arguing will only harm the relationship. Might as well just stay low and let things pass. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Took my daughter along to meet bro. Izso at GT auto. She was seen checking out the GTR35 engine....lol:rofl:
"checking out" isn't the right term. She was flabbergasting the mechanics at GT Auto when she was going through all the different parts of the engine and identifying them just by looking. "Alternator, actuater, intake, etc".

I can still remember the mechs faces :stoned:

Dream car is Golf R, since she have driven almost all of the VW and Audi Models already....:driver:
Veloster now comes with turbo mah, who said don't have? The first batch were NA, the latest batch is turbo.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
"checking out" isn't the right term. She was flabbergasting the mechanics at GT Auto when she was going through all the different parts of the engine and identifying them just by looking. "Alternator, actuater, intake, etc".

Veloster now comes with turbo mah, who said don't have? The first batch were NA, the latest batch is turbo.
Yup. just saw one yesterday, Matte black some more.....fuh!:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Wah she has been taught very well then, she may know more than me already! :biggrin: