Need advice: 4g93 SOHC auto 'semput'

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Quick update, just got my car back from top overhaul. Apparently, piston ring was out, the head got minor leak and conrod bearings was not in a good shape. So piston rings and conrod bearings changed to stock mitsu and head was skim. Upgraded the stock valves and springs to 2.0 set. Can't wait for the car to run in so that I can test it out. :driver:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Quick update, just got my car back from top overhaul. Apparently, piston ring was out, the head got minor leak and conrod bearings was not in a good shape. So piston rings and conrod bearings changed to stock mitsu and head was skim. Upgraded the stock valves and springs to 2.0 set. Can't wait for the car to run in so that I can test it out. :driver:
Have fun with your car :biggrin: 1k very fast only :rofl:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Your situation basically can be consider to fully overhaul the engine haha
Enjoy the ride

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Don't pussy foot your run-in. I think I've stressed this a dozen times already. Don't red-line like crazy but don't be overly gentle. You need those piston rings nice and free, not tight. Once run-in it'll forever be like that.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Don't pussy foot your run-in. I think I've stressed this a dozen times already. Don't red-line like crazy but don't be overly gentle. You need those piston rings nice and free, not tight. Once run-in it'll forever be like that.
Not loose either.....hhahahhahahah:rofl::rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Not loose either.....hhahahhahahah:rofl::rofl:
I don't know what dirty thing you're referring to :thefinger: but I honestly doubt he can run in piston rings to the extent it's loose.

Sanekit : go highway spring here and there and maintain 140/150km/h as much as possible. Vary your speed between 110 to 150 and get those revs moving up and down but don't go and floor it hard. Let the speed/revs catch up to your expectations. Meaning be gentle. Don't floor it just because you need it to go faster or slower or stuff like that.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't know what dirty thing you're referring to :thefinger: but I honestly doubt he can run in piston rings to the extent it's loose.

Sanekit : go highway spring here and there and maintain 140/150km/h as much as possible. Vary your speed between 110 to 150 and get those revs moving up and down but don't go and floor it hard. Let the speed/revs catch up to your expectations. Meaning be gentle. Don't floor it just because you need it to go faster or slower or stuff like that.
No dirty things intended....:biggrin:
Just like you mentioned don't floor it hard, be gentle,don't floor just because need to go faster, all these can give abnormal wear and tear mah!.....:driver:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya

Didnt get to go 150kmh yet but i did 140+ yesterday. So far already passed 500km.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as the title suggest...
i did some research and discover that the nss could be the cause.since the nss on the
gearbox has its selector kinda loose to begin with i replaced it.
still,reverse light does not lit up when i select reverse.
both bulb and fuse is fine.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience