Need advice: 4g93 SOHC auto 'semput'

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Hi! I recently converted my '00 wira 1.5 VDO to 4g93. The half cut engine doesn't seem to have any leaks whatsoever. Only the mesin jahit sound. I took my car from the workshop 3 days ago.

At first, everything was running smooth. Just a bit sluggish during acceleration (had to step more on the pedal to get the car going. I send the car back coz the had some minor loose stuff on the interior, aircond valve problem and wiring. Then the workshop messed up by not installing the bracket for my battery. The battery got toasted because of the positive terminal short circuit on my front hood. They replaced the battery, installed the battery bracket back.

And yesterday, the car started to semput2 when on aircond and timing is very low. When off aircond, the car timing went up to 1700-1900 rpm. Sent back and they said need to check the computer system and see if there's enough fuel supply etc.

What I meant by semput is when i accelerate after stop, 1st gear is ok, 2nd gear the rpm drop and the car feels very heavy. I had to floor it down to get it moving. Only after 1-2 seconds the car will get it pace back.

I didn't change my exhaust, tank and fuel pump. Extractor is 4g93, piping stock until the muffler (single tip sflow). stock fuel tank with denso fuel pump changed april last year. no need to pump the gas to start the engine.

Any advice on this? I'm thinking of sending it to another workshop to check and then claim from the workshop that did the installation. Feels very frustrated coz I had spent almost RM8k on the engine with dashboard, steering and wiring.

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
most likely wiring issue such as ecu or coil pack or injector resistor pack related...

comfirm due to battery shorted

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Aduh! Meaning i have to do computer check to find the problem?
should thats where to start locating the electronic fault...

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
should thats where to start locating the electronic fault...
ok. i will try and do a computer check. meanwhile, i went to a friend's workshop just now and ask him to check. he said the head gasket leaking (saw some oil near the gearbox), auto gearbox not that smooth (when do sudden stop, gear doesn't shift to 1, gear starts at 2. hence the lag). he also ask me to go and check the throttle body because of the timing problem idle at 1700-1800 rpm when aircond is off and when aircond is on timing goes back to 900 rpm, when shift to D the timing goes down to 300 rpm when aircond is on.

I called the workshop that did the installation, they said they will install FICD to fix to the timing problem. is it necessary to install FICD on this engine? should I just change the stepper motor and service the throttle body instead?

this is my first time changing engine and I'm not that knowledgable when it comes to technical stuff. :(

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Bro, avoid the FICD.....just get a brand new replacement stepper motor/ISC. Even if you get a FICD, once the stepper motor/ISC KO, you will get idle hunting, idle soaring issues and etc etc. The FICD only helps you when your aircond compressor kicks in.

For the stepper motor/ISC, call this guy Franky (012-3223583)

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Bro, avoid the FICD.....just get a brand new replacement stepper motor/ISC. Even if you get a FICD, once the stepper motor/ISC KO, you will get idle hunting, idle soaring issues and etc etc. The FICD only helps you when your aircond compressor kicks in.

For the stepper motor/ISC, call this guy Franky (012-3223583)
I saw his post on LYN forum. Thanks for clarifying on the FICD. I read a few forums that 4g93 doesn't need FICD. More cash flowing out like this. lol.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Yes, you know why? Because I just replaced my stepper motor as well. Bought from him. Previously I suffered from idle hunting and soaring issues and the FICD only helps when the compressor kicks in but to be honest, if FICD is really needed, why Mitsubishi didn't implement it?
Now withe the new stepper motor and idle tuning, it runs nicely with or without air-cond. Plus I have totally disabled my FICD, turn it off and cut off the wire to power it.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Yes, you know why? Because I just replaced my stepper motor as well. Bought from him. Previously I suffered from idle hunting and soaring issues and the FICD only helps when the compressor kicks in but to be honest, if FICD is really needed, why Mitsubishi didn't implement it?
Now withe the new stepper motor and idle tuning, it runs nicely with or without air-cond. Plus I have totally disabled my FICD, turn it off and cut off the wire to power it.
I'll give him a call later and ask for the price. Thanks man!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
with the use of ficd, u need to disable the original ISC....

im using 2 ficd...1 for cold start and another one for ac.....because my car isc went crazy idiotic setting....now worn gear..no check engine light, tps voltage setting was correct....but acting weird when morning cold start works fine...then alter 20mins trip or 30mins trip..stopping at traffic light, the idle speed will increase to above 1200rpm.... sometimes ok..sometimes not....so i locked the isc to predetermined setting, remove the gear linking isc to the stepper motor...then put 2 ficd..problem solved...now i got manual cold start choke and ac idle speed control..which both i can manually fine tune with just screwdriver :rofl: :driver: (*i'm a manual man) :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The hot hatch just got hotter as Proton have introduced the R3 Satria Neo that has been sprinkled with magic dust from its in-house motorsport division, Race, Rally, Research (R3), to elevate the performance of the already impressive Satria Neo.

Distinctively recognisable by its Fire Red exterior that is completed by the roof painted black, the R3 Satria Neo is powered by the 1.6-liter Campro CPS engine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience