Good performing automatic sedan that you can drive everyday.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hey everyone,

Previously i started a thread to ask bout driving an EVO VIII as my daily and that thread stretched till 31 pages so far, First of all i want to thank guys like vr2, renesis, 6uest for being very attentive to my thread. You guys are awesome !

Anyway let's cut to the chase, i am still looking for my next ride and have been out hunting for automatic sedans that i can drive to work. My current ride is at 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer, clocking at 185k kms. The car still run fantastically without any engine and gearbox issues. However, i am looking to add another car to my collection so i can slowly retire my Lancer from heavy use.

So far i have enlisted a few into my considerations, price for car is about RM110,000. So here it goes:

1.) 2009 Audi A4 (B8) 1.8 TFSI - RM95000 - RM115000.
2.) 2010 Alfa Romeo 2.2 JTS - RM90000
3.) 2012 Lexus IS250 - RM105000
4.) 2008 Subaru Legacy GT -RM77000 (low mileage)
5.) 2010 Mazda 6 2.5 - RM75000

Actually few months ago i almost paid deposit for a BMW 323i, however i retract that decision when i discovered the back of the car is not big enough for myself. To me a sedan car must comfortably sit 5 persons in it. The above are few of my choices within my budget. Do you guys have anymore suggestions? Please feel free to suggest.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
4. Hands down

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
4. Hands down
I already knew someone would definitely for for 4. Hahaha. But its the oldest of all the choices even though with low mileage. The model is 2.5 GT sedan, EJ255 H4 turbocharged. It's the most powerful sedan of all 5 choices. In terms of cabin, i have never sat in one so i couldn't know how big is it. Care to enlighten me ?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Interesting topic, in my opinion the Alfa 159 JTS and the Subaru Legacy GT would be the top choices here as a workhorse and a fun car in one.

The Subaru will undoubtedly be the most practical and cost effective between the 2.

While the Alfa is the prettiest and spirited choice here, it is also likely the least heavy duty of the 2.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I already knew someone would definitely for for 4. Hahaha. But its the oldest of all the choices even though with low mileage. The model is 2.5 GT sedan, EJ255 H4 turbocharged. It's the most powerful sedan of all 5 choices. In terms of cabin, i have never sat in one so i couldn't know how big is it. Care to enlighten me ?
It's a D segment wagon. Definitely the biggest in cabin space.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Interesting topic, in my opinion the Alfa 159 JTS and the Subaru Legacy GT would be the top choices here as a workhorse and a fun car in one.

The Subaru will undoubtedly be the most practical and cost effective between the 2.

While the Alfa is the prettiest and spirited choice here, it is also likely the least heavy duty of the 2.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
Well for the Subaru, engine maintenance could hurt. The cost of building the boxer engine is quite costly. Can't argue about its performance though.

Alfa 159 is damn sexy, but abit worrying on the reliability. There are so few used units, let alone workshops that know how to service them.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Previously i started a thread to ask bout driving an EVO VIII as my daily and that thread stretched till 31 pages so far, First of all i want to thank guys like vr2, renesis, 6uest for being very attentive to my thread. You guys are awesome !
You're welcome. I had fun joining your thread earlier. Let's hope this one will be as good as the previous one.

I'll vote for Legacy GT. You are referring to the BL5 Legacy sedan model? Or BP5 Wagon? The reason I vote for Legacy is, since you are a great fan of Evo, I'm sure you like the feel and technical features of Evo. Therefore, I think that Legacy here will be the closest one to match Evo's characteristics, being JDM, 2.0 turbo, 4WD, 4 pot Brembo (in Spec B)... It'll be a good driver's car. Spare parts are should also be easier to source compared to conti cars like the Alfa and Audi. Should also be cheaper than Lexus, Audi and Alfa too...

The three downsides of Legacy compared to the rest which I can think of is probably comfort (might not be as good as those conti), difficult to find mechanics that knows how to deal with boxer engines and poorer FC than the rest due to 4WD turbo...

My opinions are mostly theoretically based from reading as I don't have hands on experience with these cars. So, pardon me if I am wrong in anywhere.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Daily drive can go Mazda 6 also. Audi I think high maintenance but can get cheaper parts for you......hhahahhaha

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
You're welcome. I had fun joining your thread earlier. Let's hope this one will be as good as the previous one.

I'll vote for Legacy GT. You are referring to the BL5 Legacy sedan model? Or BP5 Wagon? The reason I vote for Legacy is, since you are a great fan of Evo, I'm sure you like the feel and technical features of Evo. Therefore, I think that Legacy here will be the closest one to match Evo's characteristics, being JDM, 2.0 turbo, 4WD, 4 pot Brembo (in Spec B)... It'll be a good driver's car. Spare parts are should also be easier to source compared to conti cars like the Alfa and Audi. Should also be cheaper than Lexus, Audi and Alfa too...

The three downsides of Legacy compared to the rest which I can think of is probably comfort (might not be as good as those conti), difficult to find mechanics that knows how to deal with boxer engines and poorer FC than the rest due to 4WD turbo...

My opinions are mostly theoretically based from reading as I don't have hands on experience with these cars. So, pardon me if I am wrong in anywhere.
The Legacy im seeing is a BL7 sedan, it doesn't have 4 pot brembo up front but modifying it will be easy. Its the closest thing to an EVO. You are right on the servicing and spart parts side, even my friend mechanic don't favour it cause it would be troublesome for him to repair. He also asked me to stay away from Audi and Alfa , especially Alfa, endless seledpeed gearbox problems. He has no comments on mazda 6, said its a simple car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can I like buy somebucket of house paint , you know those paint wall and use it to paint car ?

I dontreally care about the quality I care more abourt covering it so it will not rust
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience