Need some info about brake pads

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Bro., have you joined the blue club.......:biggrin:
Belum leh taikor hahah my metal king still have about 1/3? Will try it after this set finishes :biggrin:

I'm using them too. Very good braking power & cheap, but the brake dust will make your wheels turn black very fast.
Have you ever experienced fading on this pads? No surprise ill be changing to this after the current one finish :burnout:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Have you ever experienced fading on this pads? No surprise ill be changing to this after the current one finish :burnout:
Not yet experience fading, even on downhill drive back from Cameron Highlands (but I did use low gears). They bite better when hot, but the cold bite is still very good. I hope to test them on track one day.. :driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not yet experience fading, even on downhill drive back from Cameron Highlands (but I did use low gears). They bite better when hot, but the cold bite is still very good. I hope to test them on track one day.. :driver:
If can withstand track then these pads will really be good.....:driver:

ikan

Dec 11, 2006
I'm using them too. Very good braking power & cheap, but the brake dust will make your wheels turn black very fast.
Hi, any recommended spare part shop in Kajang/Ampang/Cheras selling TRESTOR ADVANCE (blue) for Altis year 2009?
Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Apart of Trestor Advantage Blue pads, what about Rapid Stop Pad 550c, Ultrex 700c and TRW Dtec?

In terms of performance and dust level.

I've been using Trestor Advantage for almost 2 years now but it is very dusty. Love the braking power though right from coldstart. Normally used for street spirited driving.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Apart of Trestor Advantage Blue pads, what about Rapid Stop Pad 550c, Ultrex 700c and TRW Dtec?

I've been using Trestor Advantage for almost 2 years now but it is very dusty. Love the braking power though right from coldstart. Normally used for street spirited driving.
Trestor also cheap......lol

Not sure of the other pads since have not tried them before. The higher temperature pads may need some warning up....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

I just replaced the front pads of my wife's Livina with TRW (but not sure of the type). Surprisingly it's decent for such a cheap China made product (I got it for just over rm100 all inclusive of GST and installation)! It's quite dusty as well though.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

RS, Ultrex and TRW are all dusty. The Ultrex 700c doesn't need warming up and are awesome pads. I used to use them with my 4-pot Nissan calipers. A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

What I do is I clean, clay and wax + coat my rims. The brake dust washes off with some high pressure water spray

I just replaced the front pads of my wife's Livina with TRW (but not sure of the type). Surprisingly it's decent for such a cheap China made product (I got it for just over rm100 all inclusive of GST and installation)! It's quite dusty as well though.
TRW make oem pads for a lot of manufacturers. They are quite good in terms of entry level pads.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
RS, Ultrex and TRW are all dusty. The Ultrex 700c doesn't need warming up and are awesome pads. I used to use them with my 4-pot Nissan calipers. A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

What I do is I clean, clay and wax + coat my rims. The brake dust washes off with some high pressure water spray

TRW make oem pads for a lot of manufacturers. They are quite good in terms of entry level pads.
How much did you buy the Ultrex and where?

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com

Since Trestor is no more, these are the next choice looking forward, Thanks.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Yes the 550c ive gotten for my previous brake is already way more than Trestor price.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just woud like to know, (before I can offer help) : where exactly, and how big was the area required to be painted??, and why the area requires paint?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience