DIY projects

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
As requested by jasonlel, post up any DIY projects and/or fixes you have made to your RX.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Savanna 12A

Known Member
Dec 18, 2004
KUL
Visit site
Power assisted steering

Not exactly a DIY but gotta friend to fix-it.

Modded my SA22's steering box with a Mitsu L049 power assisted unit. Now, easier to park at any tight spot!

Cheers!
SK

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Driver door wont open from inside/outside

Don't panic.
Don't kick your door.
Don't even think of prying the door (right joe?)

Stay clam.............

Contact me and I will guide you on how to get it open. . . .

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
We shall call you Frankenstein RX with mitsushiti pajero mods...hahahaha - just kidding, that sounds great!

Your mod beat one fella (who for his benefit shall remain anonymous) tried to fit proton plugs to his rotary and wha lah broke his engine with a BIG BANG & crunch when the 2 rotors smashed into the protruding spark plug head! Talk about fixing your RX on a proton budget!
Personally I don't know how the plugs actually fit, but that's his story & we built him a new engine.

Savanna 12A said:
Not exactly a DIY but gotta friend to fix-it.

Modded my SA22's steering box with a Mitsu L049 power assisted unit. Now, easier to park at any tight spot!

Cheers!
SK

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
hahahahaha what a jackass!! well hardly can blame him though. probably his mechanics idea.

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
13btt,

Come, teach us how to DIY rebuilt rotary eng. :p :p

13btt said:
We shall call you Frankenstein RX with mitsushiti pajero mods...hahahaha - just kidding, that sounds great!

Your mod beat one fella (who for his benefit shall remain anonymous) tried to fit proton plugs to his rotary and wha lah broke his engine with a BIG BANG & crunch when the 2 rotors smashed into the protruding spark plug head! Talk about fixing your RX on a proton budget!
Personally I don't know how the plugs actually fit, but that's his story & we built him a new engine.

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
jasonlel said:
Don't panic.
Don't kick your door.
Don't even think of prying the door (right joe?)

Stay clam.............

Contact me and I will guide you on how to get it open. . . .
ehh... wat la u...

dont contact jason... he is master at opening rx7 door without key... dangerous... haha... :tee:

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
13btt said:

wahahahahahahahahahahaahaha... ahhh... the BEEEEEG bang theory...

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
Skills needed

Very easy lah, just need to invest in about RM4,500 of tools, plus technical books, engineering background plus some patience and you too can be rotary builder!

jasonlel said:
13btt,

Come, teach us how to DIY rebuilt rotary eng. :p :p

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
13btt said:
Very easy lah, just need to invest in about RM4,500 of tools, plus technical books, engineering background plus some patience and you too can be rotary builder!
Badda Bing!!
Badda Boom!!

;)

jeffblazed

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
13btt said:
how much does the tools alone cost.....

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
13btt said:
Kekeke soooo when are you going to give us some workshop session? :p

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
well i dont know how detailed i should put this , but i have done the following myself to my FC:

- Installed Microtech LT8s
- custom FMIC truck intercooler (NPR isuzu truck)
- put in AN lines for fuel system
-installed HKS manifold , HKS wastegate with a T04E unit (.96 a/r turbine side)
- sleepy eye mod
- put steering wheel
- put in a recaro spg with sparco rails on top of the stock mount
- installed boost and oil pressure gauge
- installed FD alternator with dual pulley
- cleared out the rat nest
- put in new injectors
- tune it myself with the help from JOSHUA from millenium motorsport. (online tutorial keke)
-installed a PLX M500 wideband controller

err i think thats about it , total time took me is around 4 months in my house garage... sucky as i always need my housemate to fetch me around during that period.

if anyone want extra details i hope i could help out. but this is done to a FC3S so dunno how different is it from a FD

BUT i still havent re-build my own rotary engine before , so thats what i lack

joe13

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
1. Remove Air Pump
Ease of Mod : 4 / 5 (Easy)
Cost of Mod : 4 / 5 (Cheap Cheap)
Mod's Value : 4 / 5 (For the minimal effort you have to put in, this is one heck of a "value buy" mod
Should you do it : Hell yeah
Pros : Quicker engine response, Engine Bay looks SO much cleaner
Cons : U're choking good ol' mother earth quicker, but no diff if your main cat's gone

2. Throttle body coolant removal
Ease of Mod : 4.5 / 5 (Darn Easy)
Cost of Mod : 5 / 5 (Heck, its free... safety wire cost = negligable)
Mod's Value : 5 / 5 (Again, its free, its darn easy... just do it...)
Pros : Simplified TB, Simplified Coolant Flow
Cons : Nothing so far

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
joe13 said:
Pros : Car feels smoother, Boost Creep ( :biggrin: ), Engine bay is relatively cleaner, Car feels quicker ( :rolleyes: , maybe butt dyno is being phychologically misled here...)
Cons : Horrible smell of unburnt petrol due to removal of FPR solenoid (but some ppl actually like this smell, so to each his own), Boost Creep ( :frown: ), nothing else SO FAR...

er taiko,what is Boost Creep? care to elaborate?
is it got anyy thing to do with those "Scramble Boost" thing from the MCR Skyline GTR r34 in BMI epi 27 ?

hahahahahahahah if it isss

HELL YAH!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Apologize for the thread.

Had been driving Civic FD for 5 years and decided to change. It had been months but I still can't decide between the W204 AMG and IS250. Pricing wise both bout the same but how bout the performance, comfort and maintainance? Any feedback highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience