Budget tyres - Dayton, Landsail, Sportiva, Thunder, etc

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
RS3 is extreme category sure dry grip is insane. KC change to new set already, then I saw and told him about RS-4 :smokin:........:driver:
But RS4 only has 2 water grooves! I think that will make it scary in the wet leh! RS3 at least still has 4 grooves, 2 main ones in the middle and 2 smaller ones. I think rather than the RS4, better go with the RS3 if you want to use it as street tires here in Malaysia, unless you just don't go out much in the rain or willing to just tip toe in the wet.

I met an FD2R once using such semi slick tires and he went rather fast in the dry when I followed right behind him thru the corner, but then suddenly just a few hundred meters after exiting the corner we were hit by heavy rain and he slowed down a lot and went to the left while I just continued ahead on my merry way. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But RS4 only has 2 water grooves! I think that will make it scary in the wet leh! RS3 at least still has 4 grooves, 2 main ones in the middle and 2 smaller ones. I think rather than the RS4, better go with the RS3 if you want to use it as street tires here in Malaysia, unless you just don't go out much in the rain or willing to just tip toe in the wet.
Extreme category actually not meant for daily mah! RS4 is said to improve cornering with more rigid shoulder, so less grooves means stiffer shoulder.....lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Extreme category actually not meant for daily mah! RS4 is said to improve cornering with more rigid shoulder, so less grooves means stiffer shoulder.....lol
I think extreme class should be about street-able tires that are track ready too, so the borderline between street and track tires. Beyond that then already cannot be for street use.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think extreme class should be about street-able tires that are track ready too, so the borderline between street and track tires. Beyond that then already cannot be for street use.
Back a few years extreme was not that good in wet, but lately of course improved until good enough for daily. Next level is semi slick, but then many are still classed as road legal......lol:biggrin:

adibkhld

Oct 2, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
Never heard Dayton tyre before, but being offered for this brand when i was looking for a cheap tyres for my Neo. And after a few weeks using it, i think it is quite good, but didnt have a chance to tried it during heavy rain.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Never heard Dayton tyre before, but being offered for this brand when i was looking for a cheap tyres for my Neo. And after a few weeks using it, i think it is quite good, but didnt have a chance to tried it during heavy rain.
Dayton brand under Bridgestone. Sort of Economy brand, which includes Firestone and SuperCat sold in Australia

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Below is a simple guide on cleaning and PnP your TB...

My TB was due for service since it's never been properly clean before..previous ways was just to spray some cleaner to clean it so I went back early after work to clean and PnP the TB myself.

What you need:
1. Engine cleaner or degreaser x 3 cans...any brand will do..I use to 3in1 cleaner with the lemon citrus scent but this cleaner is quite harsh on the hands....I skin was dried and itchy after I finish the job so better wear a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience