Vinyl wrapping - Zerotohundred.com


Zerotohundred.com
HOME FEATURES NEWS FORUMS THE MARKETPLACE TIMETOATTACK!
Go Back   Zerotohundred.com > Car Discussions > Car Modification

Reply
 
Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 09:09 PM   #1
lukel95
50bhp Junior
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: GB birmigham
Posts: 75
Likes: 0
Liked: 0 / 0 Posts
Default Vinyl wrapping

Hi I recently had a go at vinyl wrap tinting my taillights for the first time and didn't work out well, but I would like to wrap interior trims and possibly my fender. My question is, is vinyl wrapping parts such as panels and interior trims just as difficult as taillights

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
lukel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:37 PM   #2
lsm1991
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PJ
Posts: 787
Likes: 40
Liked: 65 / 57 Posts
Default Re: Vinyl wrapping

depending on the curvature and details of the surface, sometimes worse... the tail lights should have been relatively easy, its quite a flat surface other than the 2 bulges
lsm1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #3
lukel95
50bhp Junior
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: GB birmigham
Posts: 75
Likes: 0
Liked: 0 / 0 Posts
Default Re: Vinyl wrapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsm1991 View Post
depending on the curvature and details of the surface, sometimes worse... the tail lights should have been relatively easy, its quite a flat surface other than the 2 bulges
Ohh okay, think I'll leave it then haha, I've to successfully tinted tail lights with spray before, don't know if I should just do that or pay a professional to wrap them

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
lukel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:54 AM   #4
vr2turbo
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Petaling Jaya
Posts: 24,865
Likes: 1,615
Liked: 7,578 / 5,673 Posts
Default Re: Vinyl wrapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukel95 View Post
Hi I recently had a go at vinyl wrap tinting my taillights for the first time and didn't work out well, but I would like to wrap interior trims and possibly my fender. My question is, is vinyl wrapping parts such as panels and interior trims just as difficult as taillights

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Exterior I have seen only paint protection type cover but don't think is vinyl.....But those are costly. Google autodetailer......
vr2turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:06 PM   #5
Outdoor_funguy
1bhp Stock
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Liked: 0 / 0 Posts
Default Re: Vinyl wrapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukel95 View Post
Hi I recently had a go at vinyl wrap tinting my taillights for the first time and didn't work out well, but I would like to wrap interior trims and possibly my fender. My question is, is vinyl wrapping parts such as panels and interior trims just as difficult as taillights

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Ask help from the veteran installers, why not visit Gatorwraps and request for a quote. I believe they have installers for a vinyl wrap in all major cities.
Outdoor_funguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #6
lukel95
50bhp Junior
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: GB birmigham
Posts: 75
Likes: 0
Liked: 0 / 0 Posts
Default Re: Vinyl wrapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoor_funguy View Post
Ask help from the veteran installers, why not visit Gatorwraps and request for a quote. I believe they have installers for a vinyl wrap in all major cities.
Okay great thank you mate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
lukel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Zerotohundred.com > Car Discussions > Car Modification

Previous: Previous Thread | Next Thread :Next

Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

SEARCH

Our YouTube Videos









2000 - 2017 Zerotohundred.com - The Automotive Enthusiasts' Network | Tags | Terms of Use | Visitor Agreement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Top