KTM finally updates the X-Bow! Celebrates their 1000th unit!

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com

The KTM X-Bow has been in production for almost 8 years now. In a press conference recently, KTM announced they are building the 1000th unit of their carbon-fibre monocoque-bodied sports car and their inaugural entrance to the American market.

On a noteworthy side, the Austrian motorcycle company also added that the X-Bow R will receive a facelift for the 2017 model year.

As expected from a low-volume produced car that barely has bodywork on it to begin with, the cosmetic changes to the KTM X-Bow R are not exactly spectacular. New differences would make the car poses a chunkier, bolder and more distinctive look.

The facelifted X-Bow R will get new daytime-running lights, and revised front splitter. The engine cover now has what KTM calls 'grill-like ventilation slits'.

KTM also mentioned something about the the new x-Bow's powerplant. The Audi-sourced 2.0-litre TFSI unit is claimed to receive 'few minor improvements', but it is anyone's guess what those improvements are.

Rated at 295hp, power is transferred to rear wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox and a limited-slip differential.

The car is scheduled to arrive USA on Spring 2017 with new North American
subsidiary to be set up. Expect the facelifted X-Bow to be available in the other parts of the globe sometime later next year.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, my altis has this tyre size and the brand is bridgestone. i want to get michelin but i found out that michelin only has 205/55/16. is it better to put the bigger tyre or use bridgestone with the same size instead?

advise needed. thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience