Suspension for Proton Wira 1.5 2004

frdsyash

Jun 21, 2016
Johor
Greetings all sifus :wavey: This is my first thread in 0-100 and I'm not quite sure is this the right place to find the answers to my questions.

Please bear with me.

I've been in a serious online research hehe to look for the best suspension setup for my wira 1.5, but none of the forums answer my questions. I'm from JB and I'm the noobest of the noobies you can find on the road. So I beg your help to answer my questions.

I plan to change all 4 suspension on my ride, but the problem is i don't know which to buy.

my preference is as below:

1. Non-coilover
2. Looking for comfort, but don't mind a little stiffness (Satria Neo CPS ride is my benchmark)
3. Sport spring + sporty type absorber (going for lowered looks and better handling)
4. Looking for same brand for both absorber and sport spring

Please suggest me the brand (place to go buy the suspension, if any of you are from Johor)
Any of your suggestions is much appreciated :congrats:

frdsyash

Jun 21, 2016
Johor
Give or take RM700 to RM800 for full set absorber + sport spring. Not including the installation.
I go to sparepart and they recommend me APM Performax absorber and sport spring and quoted with RM700 full set.

Some brother also quote me RM700 for ProRide sport absorber (yellow colour) + sport spring (red colour).

But I'm kinda interested in KYB SR Special. Still dont know where to find it to get price quote :hmmmm2:

frdsyash

Jun 21, 2016
Johor
I have used proride before.
It is superb for its kind.
Handling wise, reliability all is good.
hei bro thanks for the feedback.

Couple of questions:

1. How much you pay for it?
2. Warranty? That bro give me 1 year for the sport spring and 6 months for the absorber. Some say if dealer give 6 month warranty, its clone proride.
3. Have picture of your car or not? still using it? just wanna check the height is good enough or not without buffer on the spring.

Also makes me wonder :biggrin:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
if 1.5, you can try ori 1.6 or 1.8 set, very nice to ride since you are on budget if yours yet to change 1.6 or 1.8 one d.. try and see, feels different compare to 1.5

Good luck..

ham_m2

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2007
Klang/KL
www.friendster.com
hei bro thanks for the feedback.

Couple of questions:

1. How much you pay for it?
2. Warranty? That bro give me 1 year for the sport spring and 6 months for the absorber. Some say if dealer give 6 month warranty, its clone proride.
3. Have picture of your car or not? still using it? just wanna check the height is good enough or not without buffer on the spring.

Also makes me wonder :biggrin:
1. Around the same price that you get.Bought it on 2012 actually.
2. Warranty is 1 year. Purchased from Mudah.
3. Sorry...picture unavailable coz sold the car on 2014 to upgrade car.

The height i could say roughly for the front will be 2 fingers and the rear will be the same. It is already good enough without buffer unless you are using more than 7.5jj rim and the offset of the rim is et30 below...That you would have to ensure your chamber are utilise and the wheel arch are being stretch a little.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody recognize this thing?? just wanted to know how it works.....i replaced it for my 4g92p, coz the previous one leaked oil. i did myself, so no mechs to ask ...ehehehhe
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience