daihatsu charade g100 steering not return

dewagame

Nov 1, 2014
i have installed an engine from toyota starlet(4efte) on my car. i’m using the original g100 knuckle and every thing that install with it i.e. lower arm, suspension, sway bar....but the steering rack is from toyota starlet.
the problem is my steering does not return to original state(center) after i’m taking a corner just like other car..

help me sifus

charade starlet

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
wheel allignment sudah lari....Send to tyre shop to sort it out, bro

dewagame

Nov 1, 2014
i have sent for alignment..and change front tyre...balancing...but still dont return

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
There's another possibility - your power steering rack is spoilt. It's supposed to have some sort of tension when you turn, is there any tension at all or does it even try to return back to middle? These cases it's cheaper to replace with a halfcut

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
I have exactly the same problem with my car. half turn is ok, more than that the steering wont return. when i ask foremen, he said maybe because my tyre is wide causing this problem. I just ignore it since i already use to it.:driver:

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
Are you using suspension with bodyshift?

dewagame

Nov 1, 2014
is it solved now...first what should i do..check the steering rack or...and one more question.....is this problem can be solved?...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
is it solved now...first what should i do..check the steering rack or...and one more question.....is this problem can be solved?...
Firstly, it sounded like the TS has found answer..........but then he posed a question?? hmmm

dewagame

Nov 1, 2014
confused?? i just wanna know does this problem can be solve or not? thanks for iur feedback:-)

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

sorry for my bad english

Mar 8, 2013
ok
i have installed an engine from toyota starlet(4efte) on my car. i’m using the original g100 knuckle and every thing that install with it i.e. lower arm, suspension, sway bar....but the steering rack is from toyota starlet. the problem is my steering does not return to original state(center) after i’m taking a corner just like other car.. help me sifus charade starlet
upppppppppppppppppppppp phụ chủ thớt

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i have installed an engine from toyota starlet(4efte) on my car. i’m using the original g100 knuckle and every thing that install with it i.e. lower arm, suspension, sway bar....but the steering rack is from toyota starlet.
the problem is my steering does not return to original state(center) after i’m taking a corner just like other car..

help me sifus

charade starlet
Is the steering heavy? So you only change the engine and steering rack only. Was it plug and play or did you need to mod it in?
Usually self centering for steering is the caster angle. Check whether this was changed during the mod?
Since you mentioned everything else is still the g100, looks most likely to be the rack problem.:smokin:

dewagame

Nov 1, 2014
Is the steering heavy? So you only change the engine and steering rack only. Was it plug and play or did you need to mod it in?
Usually self centering for steering is the caster angle. Check whether this was changed during the mod?
Since you mentioned everything else is still the g100, looks most likely to be the rack problem.:smokin:
Thanks,
U help me fix it..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Things might be top of the stakes for their production cars with the 1M Coupe on the way as well as the brand new F10 M5 but on the circuit it’s a bleak affair for BMW, having broken many hearts by leaving the Formula One circuit at the end of last season. The trend continues as they have just announced that they’re pulling out their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience