myvi brake system

tinybee

tinybee

Aug 2, 2014
perak
Hi all

I need recommendation on how to improve myvi's brake.

Is it possible to change the front disc and brake pads by using one from other car model?

Tq

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Hi all

Is it possible to change the front disc and brake pads by using one from other car model?

Tq
Theres a lot of options. From what I know, a few myvi owners convert their front brakes from a honda odyssey. You can get sport brake pads & hoses for your mvyi, which of course is very much possible with so much options out there. I personally wouldnt bother upgrading the discs to slotted or drilled ones haha.

If you want to convert your brakes you can search on mudah for Lan Engineering. They do a lot of myvis there.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Just remember that braking power does not rely solely on the pad, caliper and disc.
A good set of tire and suspension also assist braking.

Normally a change of pad would be enough for daily drive.
If the disc is not ventilated then u might want to look into installing a ventilated disc.Slotted or cross drilled is an overkill for a Myvi.
Even a 2 ton car uses normal ventilated disc.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi all

Tq
You never said whether yours is the 1.3 or 1.5? If 1.3 swapping to the 1.5 Myvi calipers and rotors. it's plug and play for the 1.3. It's a big improvement for the 1.3/1.0.

If yours is the 1.5 then you'll need to find a customizer to custom make the bracket for any caliper you want to fit on. Wira 1.5 / GSR / Mivec one is cheap to buy and fit. Hondas are a bit more expensive but work great. 2-pot / 4-pot are overkill and expensive and will more likely force you to swap to bigger rims.

tinybee

tinybee

Aug 2, 2014
perak
I will be changing a new sets of tyres soon. Might go for Michelin ps3 for my 15 in rim. The only thing that I seriously want to upgrade is my brake kit. Almost had accident a few times thanks to the current brake

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Theres a lot of options. From what I know, a few myvi owners convert their front brakes from a honda odyssey. You can get sport brake pads & hoses for your mvyi, which of course is very much possible with so much options out there. I personally wouldnt bother upgrading the discs to slotted or drilled ones haha.

If you want to convert your brakes you can search on mudah for Lan Engineering. They do a lot of myvis there.
Will try visiting the site. Thanks
You never said whether yours is the 1.3 or 1.5? If 1.3 swapping to the 1.5 Myvi calipers and rotors. it's plug and play for the 1.3. It's a big improvement for the 1.3/1.0.

If yours is the 1.5 then you'll need to find a customizer to custom make the bracket for any caliper you want to fit on. Wira 1.5 / GSR / Mivec one is cheap to buy and fit. Hondas are a bit more expensive but work great. 2-pot / 4-pot are overkill and expensive and will more likely force you to swap to bigger rims.
Mine is a 1.3 first gen se. Well so long as the brake is good I don't really mind it's from which car. The problem I'm having now is when I got stucked in a traffic jam, the brake disc felt 'slippery' while stepping on my brake. I suspect the disc is pretty much unusable anymore given that it's lifespan has exceeded 7 yrs

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Mine is a 1.3 first gen se. Well so long as the brake is good I don't really mind it's from which car. The problem I'm having now is when I got stucked in a traffic jam, the brake disc felt 'slippery' while stepping on my brake. I suspect the disc is pretty much unusable anymore given that it's lifespan has exceeded 7 yrs
Since it is a 1.3, like bro. Izso mentioned get the 1.5 caliper, a set of slotted after market disc rotor, a good set of brake pads. A good set of brake pads are those then can withstand higher temperature but not those meant for track play etc. Something semi metallic which are better then entry level stuffs. Trestor Blue Advantage seems to have good feedback. This is slightly above semi metallic.
Have you service and bleed your brake fluid before? If not, better do it at the same time....

jerrysiow

Known Member

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
If [you're normal street driver ]; then

Buy a second hand myvi 1.5L caliper and get a brand new 1.5 rotor (thicker) if you satisfied on the OEM pad (Hitachi semi metallic) or you can visit EA auto workshop for a Ultrex brake pads. You will love the bite of the pads and no more slipping feel. This option everything is plug and play (cucuk dan main).

else if [you're last second brake and hardcore driver ]; then

Go buy a second hand honda or mitsubishi brake (10 or 11 inches). Buy either Rapidstop or IMP brake pads. You will satisfy on this setup. This option has customized bracket which is plug and play as well but if you want it 100% fit, it depend on the sifu workmanship.

else if [you're rich and you want performance and style ]; then

Go buy 2 pots or 4 pots brand new for myvi. I know works got 4pots BBK cost around 4k.

tinybee

tinybee

Aug 2, 2014
perak
Since it is a 1.3, like bro. Izso mentioned get the 1.5 caliper, a set of slotted after market disc rotor, a good set of brake pads. A good set of brake pads are those then can withstand higher temperature but not those meant for track play etc. Something semi metallic which are better then entry level stuffs. Trestor Blue Advantage seems to have good feedback. This is slightly above semi metallic.
Have you service and bleed your brake fluid before? If not, better do it at the same time....
Noted with thx. Will try to bleed the brake fluid when I change the brakes
Brake-Disc perodua Myvi depan /belakang : - Car Accessories & Parts for sale in Klang, Selangor

make sure to use good fluids as well as steel braided hose and most importantly... a good pad...

also make sure to confirm where the calipers are from... i.e. what car...
Noted.
If [you're normal street driver ]; then

Buy a second hand myvi 1.5L caliper and get a brand new 1.5 rotor (thicker) if you satisfied on the OEM pad (Hitachi semi metallic) or you can visit EA auto workshop for a Ultrex brake pads. You will love the bite of the pads and no more slipping feel. This option everything is plug and play (cucuk dan main).

else if [you're last second brake and hardcore driver ]; then

Go buy a second hand honda or mitsubishi brake (10 or 11 inches). Buy either Rapidstop or IMP brake pads. You will satisfy on this setup. This option has customized bracket which is plug and play as well but if you want it 100% fit, it depend on the sifu workmanship.

else if [you're rich and you want performance and style ]; then

Go buy 2 pots or 4 pots brand new for myvi. I know works got 4pots BBK cost around 4k.
I drive on expressway frequently about 5 times per week. Distance covered would be roughly 150km per day. I've driven a suzuki swift before and in my opinion the brake felt extremely good. Is it possible to put that into my car?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Improving the brakes depends on 3 things. The disc rotor, the pads and the vacuum servo. Ventilated or even slotted rotor will be better. Pads get the that bites well, With these two should already improve the braking. Next will be the brake vacuum servo. Increase this the bite pressure also better. If increasing the rotor and caliper size a lot then is better to increase the servo too as it might not be strong enough to cope with bigger calipers. But since you are not increasing the engine power, now need go over board with this.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

I will be changing a new sets of tyres soon. Might go for Michelin ps3 for my 15 in rim. The only thing that I seriously want to upgrade is my brake kit. Almost had accident a few times thanks to the current brake
If going 15" on the myvi, use 195/50R15 or 185/55R15. If use Bigger diameter 195/55R15 then you will feel the brakes will be weaker as bigger diameter tyres at higher speed need more force to stop...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Forget the 1.5 original rotor..it's still rubbish. Get an aftermarket slotted/drilled or a better ventilated rotor. Then get a better brake pad. The original hitachi pads r still rubbish. The weight of 1.3 and 1.5 r about the same. So if the original 1.5 brake system is already rubbish, it won't do much good on a 1.3.

If you have $, get 2 pot and better servo. But I would save the $ and change rear to disc.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Forget the 1.5 original rotor..it's still rubbish. Get an aftermarket slotted/drilled or a better ventilated rotor. Then get a better brake pad. The original hitachi pads r still rubbish. The weight of 1.3 and 1.5 r about the same. So if the original 1.5 brake system is already rubbish, it won't do much good on a 1.3.

If you have $, get 2 pot and better servo. But I would save the $ and change rear to disc.
Myvi have ABS? If not, overdo the brakes is not good since no engine modification. Brake too powerful if not used to it, and in a corner, tap it and brakes lock means going into the ditch....

peterj

1,000 RPM

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Myvi have ABS? If not, overdo the brakes is not good since no engine modification. Brake too powerful if not used to it, and in a corner, tap it and brakes lock means going into the ditch....
some got abs some dont have depent on the spec...

p/s: if dont have abs and wanna have strong brakes, ask sifu vr2turbo to suggest rubber to stick your car on the road:burnout:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Test drive my car and you will know why upgrade the brakes..yes myvi has ABS.

tinybee

tinybee

Aug 2, 2014
perak
Test drive my car and you will know why upgrade the brakes..yes myvi has ABS.
Yea. At first i dont believe when one of the mechanic told me the oem brakes suck.
Then after a few near-accident encounter, i definitely agree with him. Since i cant afford to change a new car, might as well upgrade it so that it is more safe to drive

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys I'm new here but over the last 6 months of reading through this forum I have learnt alot of valuable stuff. So first off - Thanks! :)
Secondly...

I have a 96 Lancer which is a FWD chassis. I recently converted from a 1.5 to the 2nd gen (CM5A) 4g93t GSR engine.
The problem is that I need it setup for FWD. I have a Non turbo 4g93 gearbox (f5m421) which I was told would suit my setup. The gearbox bolts up fine but I cannot fit the 4g93t (pretty sure that's what it is) flywheel in the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience