Which is better-Recon Nissan 370z Vs Brand New 370z

Brandon Ong

May 28, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, I am Brandon Ong planning to own one Nissan 370z (Manual), but I have some following doubts need members to give your valuable advises;

1) I have two choices to own Nissan 370z, either buy Recon Nissan 370z or buy the new Nissan 370z
from Tan Chong Malaysia, which one is the better choice?

2) I know the brand new Nissan 370z frm Tan Chong Malaysia is cost RM 370,000. How much the price
for recon Nissan 370z (2009 and 2010)? I need input to compare new vs recon.

3) If I go for recon Nissan 370z, I have two things I don't like;
I) The speed meter only up to 180km/h and speed limit is limited on 180km/h, can I change to
a original speed meter which up to 280km/h and unleash the speed limit? How much to cost for
the original speed meter?

II) The multifunction screen is Japan spec only display Japanese wording and the radio FM only tune
up to 9.00. Can I change to Europe spec with display English wording? How much to cost to
change to Europe spec?

III) Do you have good garage to recommend?

4) What about own Nissan GTR compare own the 370z? Because one recon GTR only cost about RM
400K. Which is the better choice?
I) For daily use which one is better (GTR Vs 370z)?

II) Maintenance and car care? (GTR Vs 370z)

Hope able to get valuable suggestion from this forum? Thank you very much?

mr.edrick

Known Member
Jul 10, 2009
hmm
first question see how you see it. you get recond you'd probably save up to rm100k.
cant help with this second question
third 1 and 2 question use the 100k you saved to change this. can straight change a new touch screen player with a nav system or ask tan chong if can get a new set of 370z player ( i think it's possible since they have the car here)
third 3 also cant help much.
fourth question i think it's kinda hard to compare.

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
If you got the money go brand new. Recon is usually a con too. Adjusted meters and the dealer will say best condition. Want a GTR? Prepared for the road tax? GTR is awesome but recond as usual la. Get a good mechanic to view the car.

didie

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
Hmm kinda a weird question here. If you have the affordability to own a brand new, why bother confusing your options with the recon? And most of ur points should already answers ur questions. Cheers.

Brandon Ong

May 28, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Really appreciated for all your inputs and thanks a lot...

I stay at Klang Valley, if really have good and professional garage recommended can do to change for the Speed meter and the multifunction screen I may consider to buy recon.

I) Do you have good and professional garage to recommend?

II) Do have any idea (Or your friend) about changing this two things approximately cost how much?

Thanks Mr. Edrick, I did enquired with Tan Chong edi...They totally reject recon car for any technical support...I saw your picture is Fairlady 350z, where actually do you send your Fairlady 350z for service?

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I pick recon. Save 100K... use that 100k to polish, wax, detail, and rewrap interior with alcantara+leather. brand new! no semen or vaginal fluid from previous owner & associates. also use that money to tear the engine open and rebuild it (if mileage high la or you backside itchy) using forged everything and turbocharge it.

I. Why want to buy Nissan meter from uncle tan? Get this

Or if you like fancy stuff

II. This one I have no idea

III. I can recommend you a good mechanic. Changing meter is just plug and play, not rocket science. Doing the AIM MXL Strada will need wiring, that one better find experts like GT Auto.

4) 370Z is uncommon compared to GTR. Different beasts, no doubt the GTR will out handle, out power, out run and out gun the 370Z.. but GTR also look like the hulk next to a 370Z.. depends what you want man. For the money I'd prefer a Porsche Cayman S recon with PDK.

And please share pictures when you get it. Don't come asking for help then when happy enjoying don't share the love.

Brandon Ong

May 28, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Oh...I choose Nissan 370z is because I want manual gear transmission, not pedal shift or +/- automatic transmission gear box...Because I been driving automatic transmission gear for 15 years edi...

If go for Europe sport car definitely a pedal shift or +/- automatic transmission gear box...
Europe sport car in manual transmission gear box is hard to find and when sell in future is hard to find buyer also...

Or do you have any brand sport car in manual transmission gear box to recommend?

Do you or members have good and professional garage specialize doing Nissan Fairlady at KL and Klang Valley?

Last edited:

Ka3tr0

Dec 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Brandon...get the recond sport package car. Save the 100k for amuse full kit + rims + tires + cbe + coilover + rotor and pads upgrade + twin turbo kit from gtm...you can then have reliable 450-500 whp daily drive monster that can smoke stock gtr everyday...the speed limit is easily remove with uprev reflash but i suggest u do all the mods and do the reflash once. The meter u can probably buy at chop shop or ask auction house source it for u..as for service...send it to gt auto at sunway...they chave the uprev license already.

For maintenance..just prepare 8k for tires change every 20-30k + 1k oil change every 10k + 2k for break fluid and pads every year...its all depend on how heavy u abuse ur car. Those figures are for top of the line product and can be cheaper if u use the regular stuff or oem. Do join the fairlady malaysia group and the370z.com forum once u buy your car. I do own one, daily drive summore...dont buy pearl white..enough twins d...cheers

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
ixeo ... yup ... Porsche Cayman S any day! The car handles so so well ... hehehehehee ...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Why not consider cars like Toyota Supra or GTR34? :biggrin:

Around RM100K for Supra and around 200K+ for Skyline GTR34 :biggrin:

haywiress

Known Member
May 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
I presumed you must have 400k to spend for a Japanese coupe. Instead of a brand new 370z from Tan Chong Motors (which doesn't equipped with sat nav, correct me if I'm wrong) its better to get the brand new Infiniti G Coupe, plus another 15k. Less hassle on the maintenance, got warranty & better equipped. Plus its RARE. Damn I missed my ex G35.

Brandon Ong

May 28, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha...really appreciated all your inputs, as a new new member here really want to say aaaaaa big big big thank you to u all...

Another question would like to ask about GT 86 and just launched, also a well balance FR and able to choose manual gear transmission, do you have any opinion about GT 86 and 370z?

In term of image, do u think 370z is a higher level of prestige than GT 86?

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Hahaha...really appreciated all your inputs, as a new new member here really want to say aaaaaa big big big thank you to u all...

Another question would like to ask about GT 86? Also A well balance FR and able to choose manual gear transmission? Do you have any opinion about GT 86 and 370z?

In term of image, do u think 370z is a higher level of prestige than GT 86?

Last edited:

NOS_7AGTE

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Hi,
Go for 09 GTR R35 will give u impressive power. You will never regret got it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all
not long ago there is a new trend that ppl make their car higher..
some is just make the butt of the car higher (very high, for a sedan)
some is make the whole car higher (like wan to go offroad)

to my supprise.. this trend seems like reaches my hometown also
yesterday go out saw so many high car

mostly r wira,
some r kancil also (with extra large wheel)

i just wan to ask all
how to raise the height of the car?
without changing absorber+spring

is there any spacer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience