Gen 2 CPS Thread

zulyusri

Mar 29, 2004
Selangor
Hi Sky ...

I'm driving one ... What would you like to know ... ???

I get about 400km per Full Tank ... About RM100 per Full Tank ...

So far I have touched 170km/h ... I don't have any 0-100 nos but the general performance is quite OK ...

Let me know what on your mind ...

sky

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Bayan Lepas, PG
www.montaguespirit.com
Hi Sky ...

I'm driving one ... What would you like to know ... ???

I get about 400km per Full Tank ... About RM100 per Full Tank ...

So far I have touched 170km/h ... I don't have any 0-100 nos but the general performance is quite OK ...

Let me know what on your mind ...
So far Gen 2 CPS give you any technical problem? Engine so far so good? Gen2 CPS oil tank so small? RM100 full tank? That's before or after petrol price increase to RM2.70?

Sound good if RM100 full tank and can drive for about 400km.

170kmph? Did the sterling shake? I like those model such as old Wira and Satria the sterling will shake a lot after the car reach 120~150kmph. Did you try cornering? Is it stable? I know Satria Neo was very stable on corner.

zulyusri

Mar 29, 2004
Selangor
So far Gen 2 CPS give you any technical problem? Engine so far so good? Gen2 CPS oil tank so small? RM100 full tank? That's before or after petrol price increase to RM2.70?

Sound good if RM100 full tank and can drive for about 400km.

170kmph? Did the sterling shake? I like those model such as old Wira and Satria the sterling will shake a lot after the car reach 120~150kmph. Did you try cornering? Is it stable? I know Satria Neo was very stable on corner.

Hi Sky ...

Sorry for the late reply ... Been away for the past week or so ...
At the moment, the most I've filled up is RM107 and the indicator was like slightly below the red line lah ... With 1 Full Tank, I've gone about 400km once but a safer margin would be about 350-370km. Not too good lah I suppose.

As for technical issues, I always get "Engine Check" warning when I warm up in the morning. But after attaining the Operating Temperature, I will need to cut the engine for about 1-2minutes and when I restart the engine, wallah ... Like Magic, the "Engine Check" warning light disappears ...

For performance, I'm not very familiar with the characteristics of Campro Engines but I'm quite satisfied with my CPS. The acceleration is good enough for me for the time being, despite all the issues with my "Engine Check" warning light. Currently some guys from Proton COE is looking into the issue. Once it is resolved, I'm going to put in a PowerZone Extractor to improve my acceleration a little but that also depends on the cash reserve lah ...

As for handling, there is some body roll but the cornering is good. But the comfort level is very good, especially when comparing with my other Kelisa that is fitted with HWL Shocks. As a comparison, the Kelisa handles slightly better but the Kelisa isn't able to reach the speeds I can with the CPS and the comfort level on the CPS is so much better so, in a nut shell, the CPS handles quite well and comfortably.

I hope I've managed to answer your questions.

Till next time. Chiao ...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
the interior build up also very firm and luxury....value buy...

sken_fairux

Oct 2, 2008
my cps in on da way..

got 2k discount, plus free plate no choice of my own..

warokeropokai

Jul 1, 2009
do you have any problem whatsoever with the new gen gen2?heard there's so much problem on the last generation..

can any of you guys compare the acceleration of gen2 cps with any stock honda with vtec?it share almost the same tech rite?

speedo

Known Member
Mar 30, 2007
compare shifting to other gear, it takes me sometime b4 i can engaged to 4th, the clutch pedal is high oso..wonder if this can b readjust

mivecmerah

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
if u oni can reach 170.....then try again la..my gen2 2005 oso can up to 170 easily...standard ma..

Sep 11, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi all, im a newbie here.. will appreciate some sifus to teach me :wavey:

i owned a gen 2 cps for almost a year now..for the past few months been leaving it standard but now my right feet is getting heavier la.. so was hoping to share and gain a decent info's here of doin some mods.. :smokin:

read about previous posting, well i'm here to share mine as well..

for me cps was quite a good engine ( performance and acceleration wise - stuff that matters me the most, but dont compare to mivec or vtec ), been travelling quite a lot back and forth to my hometown, and best to say i cannot let my feet from not stepping on the throttle.. of coz while cruising peacefully then suddenly u realize that the speedo is already at 160.. quite comfortable driving at that speed ( me and my car ) and recently i often speeding up to 180 - 190 on the highway...

however, i did noticed some weird sound when the speedo reached 190 everytime.. started to think its like my old rxz last time, got this "nyaring" sound, donno whether its coming from my coins / or keys becoz of the vibration due to high speed..but im kinda a bit worried now..quite worried if the sound came from engine..so does anyone got the same issues as me?

about the interior part, i dont care much about the gaps and holes ( stuff which i can take care on my own ) coz anyway its proton..they're familliar with this kind of stuff..bad QC!! however for me its a good bargain becoz of the engine ( the heart of your car ) compare to other imported models which is much more expensive..so.. greetings to all.. let us share our stuffs here!!

~to be continued~ :driver:

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
im driving the 2008 gen2 cps that i bought on january.
performance is so beast...easily reach 180kmh.
after switching to R3 coil spring, the handling much-much greater.
i've reach 210kmh but still stable.
overall, gen2 cps is the best...

warokeropokai

Jul 1, 2009
hey maxpain..where can i buy the r3 coil spring?the r3 coil spring should hardened your ride a bit rite?

coz i'm thinking of getting one..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i recently change from manual to auto and there is slight power lost, can upgrade or not that auto gearbox? like manual can change flywheel and clutch plate..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience