YRV tiptronic gearbox problem

Bo SEG

Jul 10, 2011
JOHOR BAHRU
B.U.M.P

hye all...
i also got this problem yesterday..after i finish change my radiator....and then test drive...it happen immediately...steer shift function also cant use...my mechanic said it's gearbox failure....i dont think it g/box failure...g/box already cost bout 1.5k...is anybody know whats the real problem?...and how to fix it?...

plizzz help us...for those who know...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
B.U.M.P

hye all...
i also got this problem yesterday..after i finish change my radiator....and then test drive...it happen immediately...steer shift function also cant use...my mechanic said it's gearbox failure....i dont think it g/box failure...g/box already cost bout 1.5k...is anybody know whats the real problem?...and how to fix it?...

plizzz help us...for those who know...
it could be the connector there for the wire is wet. or connection loose. common problem. could be tcu burn.

my advice is to change mechanic. if you say no problem before change radiator, and problem after that, I suspect somebody fucked up :rofl:

Bo SEG

Jul 10, 2011
JOHOR BAHRU
it could be the connector there for the wire is wet. or connection loose. common problem. could be tcu burn.

my advice is to change mechanic. if you say no problem before change radiator, and problem after that, I suspect somebody fucked up :rofl:

haha..thanks bro i already do lot of search about this issue...all of them also tell me to check the tcu ...socket and wiring...thanks..i'll try check with another mechanic on monday...any result i'll post here...

Bo SEG

Jul 10, 2011
JOHOR BAHRU
Hye all....nway my problem solved today....it happen because sensor with 3 pin socket broken...one of 3 pin broken...that why D always blinking...so anybody who got this problem dont worry...u doesn't need to change your gearbox....try check all your sensor,sensor socket and TCU...TCU only around RM 200-300...small sensor around RM 50-70....those price are halfcut item...if u want to buy new sensor...it only around RM 100-150...hope it'll help u guys....thanks all...

Attachments

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
can i use waja 1.8 cam sensor? shape and socket same..
cant simply cucuk other sensor that have same shape n socket la bro.. :nurse:
need to check the code number.. if same can use.. if not, then its different type of sensor.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
all bro~~~my friend car is conv kenari engine to the yrv~~~tiptronic one~~~but this few days kena a problem ~~dun noe how to fix it ~~~the gearbox D always lightning...so if u put to N ~~~it D also will lightning ..and the tiptronic function cannot working also ..hard to change gear also..upset operation~ who can help me fix this pro~~
yes only sensor problem..do computer check can straight detect the problem

Jan 30, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i did check the original faulty part that i take out from yrv gb.
then the number G4T07671 it appear "Crankshaft position sensor for Nissan,Mitsubishi,Toyota etc.. "

rawther

Known Member
Mar 10, 2014
penang
Guys,I also ..have about the same problem ..in my yrv myvi ..it starts when I was accelerating at the hill ..overtaking car ...
Suddenly I felt some smell ..a burning smell coming out from ..passenger left dashboard ..I don't know why ..the gear can shifting from 1 to 4 with no problem ..
After a week ...my car transmission make problem ..I can't switch into d4 ..it's stuck to d1 ..I can use d1,d2,d3 and reverse ..
But it will stuck to first gear when moving to D4 ..if I accelerate hard ...the blinking light will coming out ..and I just discover that my steer shift also not functioning ..
Guys please help to solve this problem ... Pening kepala already ..haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Selamat hari raya
after a long break celebration, its quite an adjustment back to the norms, my buddy whom a car crazy & loves cars, expressed his intention of learning to maintaining his own white ride & pick up some DIY car detailing tricks of the trade

in the course of meeting, we inspects his ride, paint condition - (2 months old, only wash twice by the service center as he knew the tragic ending of prolong road side car wash)...after following my blogs for months, he is well informed &...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience