Engine temperature very slow to heat up

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
I've sent my waja to a workshop for repairing the engine long time ago.
Since after the repair,i found it took some time for the temp to reach normal.
Before sent to the wrokshop,it usually will took 2-3 min to reach normal but now it took more than 10min.
The temp will drop to half if its raining or going up on a steepy road.
I tought its just the thermostat not working properly but confused when the temp drop to half during raining.
Anyone had experienced the same before?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I've sent my waja to a workshop for repairing the engine long time ago.
Since after the repair,i found it took some time for the temp to reach normal.
Before sent to the wrokshop,it usually will took 2-3 min to reach normal but now it took more than 10min.
The temp will drop to half if its raining or going up on a steepy road.
I tought its just the thermostat not working properly but confused when the temp drop to half during raining.
Anyone had experienced the same before?
Better check whether your mechanic removed the thermostat or not? Without the thermostat water starts to circulate the moment the engine starts that is why it take longer to warm up. It cools down more when raining because there is no thermostat to regulate the temperature.
Usually if thermostat is not working, it is normally closed, not opened, therefore if not working should be hotter not colder, unless the thermostat is stuck open.....:smokin:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I think this happens either because your thermostat is stuck open or the mechanic removed it.

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
Usually yes but its not uncommon for it to stuck open. If your car need more than 5 min to warm up, definitely worth to check the thermostat first !

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
This is the symptom my old sentra faced.
Engine temp is like always 1/4, not even half. I'm so wrong to be happy.
I learn from bad experience, check water flow of radiator.
Maybe pump airlock.
Water will transfer heat to thermostat. Watchout if temperature not go up steadily.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
bro lanz, long story short. Yes.
i will shoot that mechanic who do engine swap for my brother, but i duno who is it. :banghead:
bought the sentra from my brother.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This is the symptom my old sentra faced.
Engine temp is like always 1/4, not even half. I'm so wrong to be happy.
I learn from bad experience, check water flow of radiator.
Maybe pump airlock.
Water will transfer heat to thermostat. Watchout if temperature not go up steadily.
Depends on your cooling system thermostat too. Like in my Chery it is normal at 1/2, but in my Sonata it is 1/3 only......:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As part of BMW’s opening celebration for their first i-Store in London, a particular BMW i3 Concept has been abducted and subsequently returned only to fulfil its new found purpose for its existence – to luxuriate their driver and occupants.

<!--more-->For one thing, the exterior of the i3 Concept has been untouched, but the interior seems to have been restyled along the lines of what Gucci or Coach...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience