Soon to be profitable Lotus announces next Elise for 2020

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com

Good news is that Lotus expects to make a profit in the next few months, first time in 20 years. The better news is this means they can proceed with the plan to introduce a new Elise in 2020.

After Lotus boss, Jean-Marc Gales confirmed that an all-new Lotus Elise will 'be ready' in 2020 thanks to growing sales, he also hinted on the engineering make-up and design philosophy for the new car.

The car will retain its lightweight roots; using the same extruded aluminium chassis technology that debuted on the S1 Elise which went on sale in 1996.

Gales stated that the car's chassis may often been copied, but never equalled. And combined to lightweight characteristics and steering feel, the Elise is indeed a special car.

He added, “Today, we are still setting benchmarks for lightweight cars, just as Colin Chapman did when he founded the company. It is a philosophy we want to continue, no matter what car we build.”
<dl id="attachment_91254" class="wp-caption alignnone" style="width: 700px;" data-mce-style="width: 700px;"><dt class="wp-caption-dt">
</dt><dd class="wp-caption-dd">Lotus concepts unveiled in 2010.</dd></dl>
Speaking of which, Gales claimed that the new Elise will have no resemblance to big, expensive concept car unveiled in 2010, as the new Elise will weigh no more than a tonne.

On Lotus's relationship with Toyota, they are currently very satisfied with it. Expect the new Elise's mill to be sourced from the Japanese brand again.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I wanna install 4g93 into my saga flx and i was wondering if there is any workshop that does it. if there is, please recommend and leave contact info~ KL area, thanks :3 P.S: Idk if this is the correct place to post it
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience