Tire White Lettering

mk2

mk2

Jan 20, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

Just wondering any of you came about the 3D permanent white lettering to your tyres.

I had a very terrible experience with the product and of course the seller and I would put this in short for the ease of reading:
- Made enquiries about the product and application and the seller claiming it’s extremely easy to install (for all you know, I am very well in handling DIY)
- I deposit RM300 for 8 lettering in total for all 4 tires.
- Seller came back with lettering design 2 days later.
- I found the design won’t fit my tires as my tires have embossed lettering originally.
- Seller reckon I should do custom made with extra RM 100 to pay
- I made the extra payment and gave him the trace of my tire lettering design.
- 5 days later, I received my purchase and found its not going to adhere properly as my tire letter has concave edge where as the white lettering is square (COMMON SENSE WOULD KNOW THIS)
- In touch with seller again to request refund but rejected with tones of excuses and suggestion to apply the lettering.
- Leave me no choice but to install it since I have paid for it.
- Total use of almost 2.5 hours to install the lettering including cleaning the tire for one tire and spent total of 5 hours for only 2 tires. (I was installing the lettering with the tire flat on floor)
- Was happy with the initial result and left the car overnight for more than 6 hours.
- The lettering starts to peel off at the edge on the next day after taking out for a spin (ITS NOT PERMANENT!!!)
- Reapply glue to the fallen of edge and in touch with the seller AGAIN for the defective product I received.
- The most RIDICULOUS thing happens here:
- The seller claiming I didn’t follow exactly the same as the instruction, in fact I did
- Then he reckon I didn’t apply enough force and time to let the glue set, in fact I did with my whole upper body weight and 60 second in total for a single letter (instruction mentioned 20-30 sec only)
- He is now claiming my tire is greasy, in fact I had clean it with thinner and wash with dish washer detergent (Which known to remove grease and oil)
- Last resolution from him is to REMOVE all and REDO again as he claimed that they are not responsible on the application!! Are you nuts??
- Yes, I was being nuts and paying extra of RM80 for the lettering again as some has went missing (Total of RM480 for the lettering which cost as much as a tire? I am nuts)
- This time round, I paid extra attention to ensure it clean, long time to set, more force to ensure it adhere properly.
- I thought I must have got it right this time.
- After 5 days, the lettering starts to fail again, with burned mark on the lettering due to the hot weather recently I suppose (NOT PERMAMENT AND NOT WHITE)
- In touch with the seller AGAIN and as you all must have guessed that the seller won’t suggest a resolution to this and stress firmly in the text message that

!!!!!WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ERRORS MADE FROM INSTALLATION BY INDIVIDUAL CLIENT!!!!!

I did nothing wrong and in fact I followed exactly the instruction, furthermore this doggy seller don’t provide installation so “YOU BUY, YOU DIE, NONE OF MY BUSINESS”

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Is this the original tyre bomb stickers? I think I saw the process of cleaning the tyre before applying, it's quite tedious

ken yeang

6,000 RPM

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
With that kind of money, I can buy many bottles of liquid paper for white lettering (last time did that on my bicycle)

I know the frustration, bro. I guess the seller is only interested making quick buck but never really cared about delivering satisfactory product. There are lots of such seller (in some local forums) that do such business. Claims they do fantastic job, but the work done were shitty.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
cheap white paint marker work fine

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
With that kind of money, I can buy many bottles of liquid paper for white lettering (last time did that on my bicycle)

I know the frustration, bro. I guess the seller is only interested making quick buck but never really cared about delivering satisfactory product. There are lots of such seller (in some local forums) that do such business. Claims they do fantastic job, but the work done were shitty.
On the car tyres, anything white will turn yellowish, brownish very fast. Even the original tyre white wordings will become dirty looking after a while and especially after rain or driving in muddy areas. What we normally do is too lightly sand the wordings to get it white again. For this type of stickers I don't think you can do that. Even if can, not for long as it is only a thin layer....:smokin:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Thank you for the warning. I enquired about this sh1t a few days ago from the seller tirebomb in facebook. RM300 for four tires. Luckily I didn't buy yet.

mc888

Known Member

mc888

Known Member
Apr 8, 2010
Little HK
Try Zeyar Paint Marker. I used it on glass & it bonds like a bitch, water cant remove it at all.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why do you want to do it in the first place.. and paying that much for it.. sorry to hear it.. but sohai products.. naturally..sohai lah.

Jesus christ why people pay RM300 for white words on their tires.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Why do you want to do it in the first place.. and paying that much for it.. sorry to hear it.. but sohai products.. naturally..sohai lah.

Jesus christ why people pay RM300 for white words on their tires.
I wouldn't pay RM300 for some white lettering. It wont make any difference at all in the terms of performance. Of course, this is just me lor.....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
as i was returning home last nite, suddenly there was a "clunk-clunk" sound continuously the higher i rev the higher the sound become & also my steering becomes heavy.......i tot farked man, not my gearbox again........or worst timing belt putus........so then i searched for the problem & sound....finally found it....my crank pulley was wobbling....& the screw attached to it (the 1 need to open when changing the auxilary belts & timing belt) was cracked.........

so wat could the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience