Common problems with Vios

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
Hi all,

I heard from a few other Vios users that these are the usual problems (& remedies) for the car.

Pls help add any other common problems that you know of.
Pls help keep this thread clean.

1) Evaporator (near air filter)
- Problem : Engine light comes on because the wire connection to the evap sensor unit is bad or broken. This is because this part of the engine always vibrate, and thus affects the connection after time.

- Solution : Replace wire with a longer version.

2) Alternator/Aircon belt sound (especially during cold start)
- Problem : The belt itself
- Solution : Replace belt with other brands

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
I don't think need to replace the belt, unless it is faulty or keras or even longer already
Thus, i believe you may tighten the belt, maybe it will solve your problem as well.

jeff_sin

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Hi all,

I heard from a few other Vios users that these are the usual problems (& remedies) for the car.

Pls help add any other common problems that you know of.
Pls help keep this thread clean.

1) Evaporator (near air filter)
- Problem : Engine light comes on because the wire connection to the evap sensor unit is bad or broken. This is because this part of the engine always vibrate, and thus affects the connection after time.

- Solution : Replace wire with a longer version.

http://forum.autoworld.com.my/index.php?showtopic=93359

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

I don't think need to replace the belt, unless it is faulty or keras or even longer already
Thus, i believe you may tighten the belt, maybe it will solve your problem as well.
this are my problem too :bawling: using original toyota belt :mad:

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
how to solve the crank start problem!
weak battery???

A friend of mine had this problem. When key is turned, it cranked but not enough to start the engine. Problem solved after changing the battery. That was the first time he changed his battery since buying the car about 2-3 years ago, i think.

jeff_sin

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
weak battery???

A friend of mine had this problem. When key is turned, it cranked but not enough to start the engine. Problem solved after changing the battery. That was the first time he changed his battery since buying the car about 2-3 years ago, i think.
it is confirm not battery problem!
i am not sure whether it is related to fuel filter or immobilizer? or even others

jeff_sin

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
the symptoms were as u mentioned previously. anyway..how old is your vios?
2006 at 120000km

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

the symptoms were as u mentioned previously. anyway..how old is your vios?
but last time my friend starter problem is cannot crank at all. mine can

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
since yours is a 2006 car, my opinion is:

1. earlier statements said that your battery is ok (may i know how do u know your battery is ok?) do u have volt gauge inside..

2. how frequent did u wash your engine? or do u normally drive thru flooded area? electronic parts may get affected.

3. starter that is full of carbon would disrupt the starter to crank engine. hence the need of servicing the starter is a must.

jeff_sin

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
since yours is a 2006 car, my opinion is:

1. earlier statements said that your battery is ok (may i know how do u know your battery is ok?) do u have volt gauge inside..
i had sent my car to toyota service center, the result in report show battery is ok, and i hv test tester as well show my batt is normal.

2. how frequent did u wash your engine? or do u normally drive thru flooded area? electronic parts may get affected.
i didn't wash engine before, don't think is water and never flooded my car before.

3. starter that is full of carbon would disrupt the starter to crank engine. hence the need of servicing the starter is a must.
May i know how much is the starter service cost?
but i don't really think is starter problem , suspect is fuel filter, immobilizer, or something fuel pressure problem.

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
if u send to toyota svc ctr..i have no idea..but if u svc the starter outside..it cost below rm100..exact figure, i am not sure

but yeah...maybe youre right..must be related to fuel pressure problem..
how about scanning your car with MUT device...it might helps or detects anything suspicious

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For all those car lover out there:

Im currently distibuting the new product from overseas to any of u that business in car care that make the car that been apply look dame preety!

It is a polish that when apply to to your car and will be giving a 5 year guaranty (not warranty) that your car will shine like hell.!!!!!!!!!!!

It is suitable to all those metallic and even 2k colour paint.
Dame nice, it is a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience