abnormal sound on the front suspension

skyline2m

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
Kota Kinabalu
when i drive and pass through a bumpy road there are a sound like "tok, tok, tok"
is this sound is the front arm got problem?
my car is ek3
is all honda civic will have the same arm problem sound?

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
will ur car feel imbalance?

my experience is :

my rear passenger side absorber will came out a sound of "dok" when going thru road bump or sometimes uneven road, and i can feel the "drop down effect" to rear left side of the car.

problem havent solve, btw my car is prelude.

>.<

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
try to check ur lower arm bush bro....face this probs b4 and check undercarriage found lower arm bush faulty already.......simptoms got tok...tok..tok...sound uneven road and during driving feels a bit 'lari' ( hw to mention in eng????):biggrin:

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
haiya always went to workshop and told pomen like that mar :biggrin:
can be consider bro off alignment :burnout:

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
will ur car feel imbalance?

my experience is :

my rear passenger side absorber will came out a sound of "dok" when going thru road bump or sometimes uneven road, and i can feel the "drop down effect" to rear left side of the car.

problem havent solve, btw my car is prelude.

>.<
Most likely due to worn out bushing or absorber. I oso have same problem and thot it was absorber. Changed the absorbers and still got sound, poreman say it is 'suspension problem'

Change bushing very xpensive1 :bawling:

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
replace my front bushing few months ago using genuine parts cost me around rm1300 including labour etc :bawling:
like it or not wat to do someday u'll need to replace it:biggrin: earlier inspection can save ur pocket and ur car bro....

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
What i did?
Change the both arm units assembly L & R with arms from a good half cut ek9...
Problem solved.... undertable RM300 settled....

:-) newer looking calipers, thicker disc and etc.... most important tak tak or tok tok gone...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
seems like a lot of honda owners having this problem eh...

i also had this problem. still having it in my both my rear suspension. its the bushing. jack the car up...take a metal rod n push all the connecting arms n check all the rubber bush for cracks...any rubber that shows cracking or excessive movement of the joints mean the bush is passed its lifetime. Honda bushing are expensive and from my experience, halfcut bushings will not last very long. remember my rear? the passenger side lower arm was changed to a very good condition halfcut lower arm about 2 years ago and it's gone now. both connecting bush is cracked and moves around. long term solution? try aftermarket PU bushing. very stiff and uncomfortable but makes the ride sharper and will definitely last longer. downside is the price. last i checked prices will cost more than double new original replacements.

anyway...after u do find out what's the problem...do let us know. at least we have a solution to yr tye of problem and other forumers can read n learn...

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
replace my front bushing few months ago using genuine parts cost me around rm1300 including labour etc :bawling:
like it or not wat to do someday u'll need to replace it:biggrin: earlier inspection can save ur pocket and ur car bro....
Yup xpensive repair... if you change F&R probably > RM2k....

Actually do we really need to replace it? My bushing been rosak for 2 yrs now still haven't change, just some annoying sound when pass thru bumps, alignment lari abit and steering abit longgar.
I think most older cars out there have wore out bushings and ppl hardly change it.

FYI I intend to chage my bushing but many poreman reluctant to do it! Probably difficult job and most of them do not have the press machine.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Yup xpensive repair... if you change F&R probably > RM2k....

Actually do we really need to replace it? My bushing been rosak for 2 yrs now still haven't change, just some annoying sound when pass thru bumps, alignment lari abit and steering abit longgar.
I think most older cars out there have wore out bushings and ppl hardly change it.

FYI I intend to chage my bushing but many poreman reluctant to do it! Probably difficult job and most of them do not have the press machine.
bro...front suspension setup kenot play play la...at hi speeds, when brake it will pull to 1 side 1. and if on uneven road will pull even more and cant agak which way will pull. the worse thing is tyre will have uneven wear on the inside. rear can still forget about it for a while la...but the front side very important...esp on vtecs that pull very suddenly during vtec cut in. u dont wanna be opening vtec n suddenly pull to left n knock into a motor mah hahahahah :rofl:

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
Ya-la the car pull to 1 side (left side) but it is not so severe until lose control. Oso my VTec hardly open1 uncle-mah but it is good to know the power is there if needed :biggrin:

Frankly speaking, I already spent RM2.8k on the absorber and to spend another RM2k on the bushing on a < RM20k car without increasing HP :stupid:

Will probably do it change it but not so soon; anyway OEM or PU? Hardracing or SuperPro?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i'm more towards using OEM ori parts...but sometimes, the ori parts r just not good enough. i believe the bushings have this issue. PU will definitely last longer since it doesnt degrade like rubber...but the stiffness might be a problem. cant comment how stiff the suspension will get tho...just from what i heard from ppl who have installed...

anybody here installed PU bushings?

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
mine after installed new bushing using the genuine parts got many rattle snake inside cockpit area:mad: loose sound from dashboard,door panel....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all sifus out there,

My car satria neo 1.6 (a) broke down yesterday at a traffic light..when the light turns green, i put the gear Drive n hit the gas..and suddenly....engine losing power then shut off..(malu weh ada amoi kat sebelah..damn)..tried tu turn the engine on but failed..after 30 sec, restart again but then ok, can move..drove straight away to workshop but the mechanic couldnt find the prob (plug, timing belt marker, throtle body checked)...and they ask me to go to proton...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience