Weird substance inside radiator

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
samco, now also hard to get original :banghead:.....for air/vacuum hose can close one eye lah.
For hot pressurize water....get something better. i still using the black color one. hehehe....

samco, now also hard to get original :banghead:.....for air/vacuum hose can close one eye lah.
For hot pressurize water....get something better. i still using the black color one. hehehe....
Too many fake/counterfeit samco products out there?

To me no need lah! The normal black ones will do, used for years and years. The main one to look out for is the top hose. This is hot water return hose from engine. Bottom hose is cooled water return from radiator to engine so will last longer than the top hose. Others will be the bypass hoses, if old changed them too....

Leakage at bypass hoses I once experienced before. The hose at throttle body there cracked. Water all flowed out when I am driving back from Kampar to Ipoh. Heard some weird sizzling noise and the RPM was idling up and down at traffic light. Decided not to risk it and stop by at Batu Gajah town area to see what is wrong. Opened the hood and a lot of white smoke is coming out but din't know what is wrong. Checked the water level before starting my journey so I thought won't be that. Opened the radiator cap later and found out all the water inside is gone. Later grandfather came to help and added water, found out water is leaking near throttle body there. :banghead:

That is why carrying some of those tape for wiring one, in the car is good. In fact help me once, coming down Genting top hose burst. Stop at road side, open hood, let it cool, find the leak, tape it up, fill in water then drove back

lsm1991

Sep 30, 2011
That is why carrying some of those tape for wiring one, in the car is good. In fact help me once, coming down Genting top hose burst. Stop at road side, open hood, let it cool, find the leak, tape it up, fill in water then drove back
electrical tape? tape is good, tape is great~

Sounds like a good idea for temporary repair until you reach a workshop. I'll get one of these tape next time. But I need more details on the type of tape?

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
electrical insulation tape. green, red, black, blue,yellow color...
all in electrical supply phase color coding.

yeah..me too... keep atleast 1 fresh roll of wire tape....

help me get home once after a water rubber-stopper bust....so wrap thick and tight enuff..topup water..safely back home... hahaha :biggrin::driver:

electrical insulation tape. green, red, black, blue,yellow color...
all in electrical supply phase color coding.
Okay, will take notice of this.

yeah..me too... keep atleast 1 fresh roll of wire tape....

help me get home once after a water rubber-stopper bust....so wrap thick and tight enuff..topup water..safely back home... hahaha :biggrin::driver:
Old car problems. Looks like most old car owners have experience in this. :biggrin:

Yup, bro. pomen experience and expert too.....:driver:
Relatable experiences. Doesn't matter what your car is. Read before a blog about a R33 Skyline GT-R owner in Japan. Some of the things that the owner had went through with his car is almost same as mine. Bypass hose leaking, coolant all gone. Gearbox oil leaking. Even Skyline GT-R is not as divine and mighty as some online people claims. :biggrin:

lsm1991

Sep 30, 2011
Relatable experiences. Doesn't matter what your car is. Read before a blog about a R33 Skyline GT-R owner in Japan. Some of the things that the owner had went through with his car is almost same as mine. Bypass hose leaking, coolant all gone. Gearbox oil leaking. Even Skyline GT-R is not as divine and mighty as some online people claims. :biggrin:
old cars are still old carslah haha need banyak tlc!!!

Sorry, forgotten what is tlc again? Time, love and care? LOL :rofl:

When cars get old, doesn't matter if it is a Proton or GT-R or Mitsubishi or Honda... Certain things will still broke down and symptoms will show be it a normal car or sports car. Especially cars from the same era, normally will have similar symptoms.

But unfortunately, many ordinary people out there failed to realize this. Anything goes wrong, brand bashing comes first. :banghead:

need u guys help urgently, i just bought a control panel and something look like a relay or resistance.its from lancer. only this two item, i heard can just plug n play to existing satria dashboard. if can install, which button cannot be use from the control panel? how much is the cost to install it? recommend me a mechanic pls. my phone num 013-3973088.