Weird substance inside radiator

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
samco, now also hard to get original :banghead:.....for air/vacuum hose can close one eye lah.
For hot pressurize water....get something better. i still using the black color one. hehehe....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
samco, now also hard to get original :banghead:.....for air/vacuum hose can close one eye lah.
For hot pressurize water....get something better. i still using the black color one. hehehe....
Too many fake/counterfeit samco products out there?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To me no need lah! The normal black ones will do, used for years and years. The main one to look out for is the top hose. This is hot water return hose from engine. Bottom hose is cooled water return from radiator to engine so will last longer than the top hose. Others will be the bypass hoses, if old changed them too....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
To me no need lah! The normal black ones will do, used for years and years. The main one to look out for is the top hose. This is hot water return hose from engine. Bottom hose is cooled water return from radiator to engine so will last longer than the top hose. Others will be the bypass hoses, if old changed them too....
Leakage at bypass hoses I once experienced before. The hose at throttle body there cracked. Water all flowed out when I am driving back from Kampar to Ipoh. Heard some weird sizzling noise and the RPM was idling up and down at traffic light. Decided not to risk it and stop by at Batu Gajah town area to see what is wrong. Opened the hood and a lot of white smoke is coming out but din't know what is wrong. Checked the water level before starting my journey so I thought won't be that. Opened the radiator cap later and found out all the water inside is gone. Later grandfather came to help and added water, found out water is leaking near throttle body there. :banghead:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is why carrying some of those tape for wiring one, in the car is good. In fact help me once, coming down Genting top hose burst. Stop at road side, open hood, let it cool, find the leak, tape it up, fill in water then drove back

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
That is why carrying some of those tape for wiring one, in the car is good. In fact help me once, coming down Genting top hose burst. Stop at road side, open hood, let it cool, find the leak, tape it up, fill in water then drove back
electrical tape? tape is good, tape is great~

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Sounds like a good idea for temporary repair until you reach a workshop. I'll get one of these tape next time. But I need more details on the type of tape?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
electrical insulation tape. green, red, black, blue,yellow color...
all in electrical supply phase color coding.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yeah..me too... keep atleast 1 fresh roll of wire tape....

help me get home once after a water rubber-stopper bust....so wrap thick and tight enuff..topup water..safely back home... hahaha :biggrin::driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
electrical insulation tape. green, red, black, blue,yellow color...
all in electrical supply phase color coding.
Okay, will take notice of this.

yeah..me too... keep atleast 1 fresh roll of wire tape....

help me get home once after a water rubber-stopper bust....so wrap thick and tight enuff..topup water..safely back home... hahaha :biggrin::driver:
Old car problems. Looks like most old car owners have experience in this. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, bro. pomen experience and expert too.....:driver:
Relatable experiences. Doesn't matter what your car is. Read before a blog about a R33 Skyline GT-R owner in Japan. Some of the things that the owner had went through with his car is almost same as mine. Bypass hose leaking, coolant all gone. Gearbox oil leaking. Even Skyline GT-R is not as divine and mighty as some online people claims. :biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Relatable experiences. Doesn't matter what your car is. Read before a blog about a R33 Skyline GT-R owner in Japan. Some of the things that the owner had went through with his car is almost same as mine. Bypass hose leaking, coolant all gone. Gearbox oil leaking. Even Skyline GT-R is not as divine and mighty as some online people claims. :biggrin:
old cars are still old carslah haha need banyak tlc!!!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
old cars are still old carslah haha need banyak tlc!!!
Sorry, forgotten what is tlc again? Time, love and care? LOL :rofl:

When cars get old, doesn't matter if it is a Proton or GT-R or Mitsubishi or Honda... Certain things will still broke down and symptoms will show be it a normal car or sports car. Especially cars from the same era, normally will have similar symptoms.

But unfortunately, many ordinary people out there failed to realize this. Anything goes wrong, brand bashing comes first. :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need u guys help urgently, i just bought a control panel and something look like a relay or resistance.its from lancer. only this two item, i heard can just plug n play to existing satria dashboard. if can install, which button cannot be use from the control panel? how much is the cost to install it? recommend me a mechanic pls. my phone num 013-3973088.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience