Help! Kenari Air-cond problem.

Oakley

Sep 29, 2006
I just bought a kenari aero for a few months now. It's a 2 years old car ady. the air cond is not cold. The gas is full. The foreman said all kenari's compressors tend to k.o. after a few years becos it's small n same as kancil's. He recommended to change to a reconded bigger(4 pistons) vitara's compressor. Is it true? Thanks.

ekiddie

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
that's very NOT true... first thing of all... CHANGE mechanic... this mech of urs is trying to con u... so beat it...

don go for those recond bigger compressor... u'll regret it in future... take my words for it...

;)

Oakley

Sep 29, 2006
Thanks pal. I heard most kenaris have this air-con problem. So, wat step should i do now? The mechanic said he had changed a few n no problem so far...

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
U can try to use the Turbo halfcut comp..
In the market there are Vitara comp go inside Kancil, Kelisa or Kenari but there are a lot of things u need to modified and off course its very cool..
Good Luck..

Oakley

Sep 29, 2006
Thanks. But where can i find 1 half cut comp? n how much? did u face any air-con problem before? but bro ekiddie, wat's the bad side of getting a bigger comp later? or shpuld i go for the oem comp? Damn hot!

kv8841b

Mar 25, 2006
just to share the problem.....

last yerar my car already 3yrs, i have the same problem, 1st shop, yes they said have to change new compresor or find the recond. i dont belive.....go to second shop, the tauke is old timer for aircond service, just said "KANTAN" (japan word=simple) just change the a/c filter(for normal cal will be like bottle with small cermin to see the gas bubble) but for kenari locate on the side (rediator for a/c) i don't know the name.

change the filter, add new oil for a/c and also gas. Problem Solve.

Try first, before change new compressor.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Actually K-class car all using rotary aircond compressor..
What the air cond man mention sometimes is correct but not all..hehe..as he is not god and sometimes god also can do mistake..
No one will recomend to use new compressor as New compressor is very expensive thus no guarantee / warranty, i repeat NO WARANTY!..
Recond compressor have at lease 2 weeks to 1 month warranty and cheaper..

Oakley - since that you are at KL area u can try to find it somewhere around Sungai Besi area where there got a lot of chop shop.. try to source it at there around 150 bucks only..
There wont be any problem if you want to use bigger compressor but all the problem will be the same if you didnt take care it..
Good Luck..

Last edited:

Oakley

Sep 29, 2006
Thanks guys. I think I'll try kv8841b's solution first. I remembered s tyre mechanic once told me that there are some oil leak fr the radiator near the air-con hose. He said something bout some problem to the a/c but he cnnt fix as he's a tyre mech. [kv, whr is the a/c radiator located? is it near the engine radiator? ] (I'll check this solution first). T.Q.

Another thing guys, I intend to change the springs of my aerosport. The previous owner had changed to bigger n harder springs. It's damn hard for my butt. Wat brand do u reccommend? Do i need to change the absorbers too?

Last edited:

Oakley

Sep 29, 2006
Well, changed the condensor (looked like radiator thing) in ipoh. it leaked compressor oil. the mech said it cant b welded as perodua's condensor's thin. Costs RM460! Now, have to change suspension. Bankrupt lo. Thanks anyway.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is my boss's car. The paint was in terrible condition upon delivery. Defects were all over and deep. Pictures shall talk.

Full of swirls and watermark etching. Generous amount of random deep scratches too.

A closer look

The least aggressive method was tried. A light...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience