Longest-owning Proton owner wins a brand new Saga

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com

Proton recently announced the winner of their Proton Search Contest 2016, Mohd Isa bin Ibrahim Shah, bags a brand new 2016 Proton Saga. The 85 year old former and civil servant won the grand prize with his heart-touching story on how his 1985 Proton Saga served him and brought much meaning to the family.

Mohd Isa also won a refurbishment package for his 30-year old car. Meanwhile, the other 10 consolation prize winners receive RM5,000 worth of refurbishment package for their cars as well as RM1,000 cash prizes each.

According to Mohd Isa, the Proton Saga was so reliable that not only it served his family, but more importantly, the car has loyally helped him in his charitable works with the indigenous folks until today.

The inaugural contest was held for a period of 13 weeks from Mar 8 to Jun 8, 2016 and received a total number of 866 entries from Proton owners of all races nationwide who have been driving Proton cars produced from 1985 to 2012. The entries comprised of Proton cars from the maiden Saga through Exora.

Other than searching for longest-owned Proton cars, the contest requires the contestants to share warm memories of their cars either through written stories or short videos. The contending Proton cars also need to be in original condition, have its road tax continuously renewed and only owned by one owner.

Before the prize-giving ceremony, the final 11 contestants were treated to an opportunity for a plant tour in Proton’s manufacturing facility in Shah Alam. They were also brought for a walkabout at Proton’s Research and Development (R&D) and Design Studio facilities.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Interesting story. Do you have pictures of the engine bay? I know another site had it.

By the way, anyone here knows what are the differences between the earlier Orion 4G1 engines with later Magma 4G1 engines? I'm comparing between 8 valve Orion and 8 valve Magma.

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
until now, i dont know what is different between magma and megavalve engine...:confused::wavey:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Magma is 8V and Megavalve is 12V
Then for this older Orion 8V compared with Magma 8V, what is the difference? The valve rocker cover seems different.

Such loyalty only got rewarded with the cheapest Proton line up???
Maybe next time they'll have a contest of which individual who owns the most amount of Proton until now, then only they might give a Perdana 2.4. :biggrin:

Most expensive car in Proton line up must give to the one who gave them most profit, hahaha. This Saga owner probably only gave them 1 time profit from 1985 until now. :rofl:

There you go.
Thank you. :biggrin:

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
30 years loyalti should be rewarded with the highest Proton actually...Perdana V6 or suprema for example?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Most expensive car in Proton line up must give to the one who gave them most profit, hahaha. This Saga owner probably only gave them 1 time profit from 1985 until now. :rofl:
At least he did not defect to other brands like what I did.....lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
At least he did not defect to other brands like what I did.....lol:biggrin:
Well, considering his current age, during the time he bought that Saga, it should be near his retirement age already. Probably Saga is the last car he got for himself for retirement.

Now, I doubt this new Saga can last for 31 years and still look as good as this old 1985 Saga.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, considering his current age, during the time he bought that Saga, it should be near his retirement age already. Probably Saga is the last car he got for himself for retirement.

Now, I doubt this new Saga can last for 31 years and still look as good as this old 1985 Saga.
That is why many products especially electrical and electronic will break down after warranty. If not, how to sell if the products last 30 years, like my old ceiling fan.....hhahhahhahhahah:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That is why many products especially electrical and electronic will break down after warranty. If not, how to sell if the products last 30 years, like my old ceiling fan.....hhahhahhahhahah:rofl:
Worse thing is, these new electronic stuffs can get very expensive although some of them looked very small and made out of plastic.

Things are now made to be disposable rather than reliable. :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys I'm new here but over the last 6 months of reading through this forum I have learnt alot of valuable stuff. So first off - Thanks! :)
Secondly...

I have a 96 Lancer which is a FWD chassis. I recently converted from a 1.5 to the 2nd gen (CM5A) 4g93t GSR engine.
The problem is that I need it setup for FWD. I have a Non turbo 4g93 gearbox (f5m421) which I was told would suit my setup. The gearbox bolts up fine but I cannot fit the 4g93t (pretty sure that's what it is) flywheel in the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience