Rust-Free Manifold Restoration

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Got this review from Import Tuner. Find it quite useful. Wondering is this product available in our shores...

From the September said:
You spend all night preparing for a car show, your engine and engine bay are perfectly detailed but you still have one problem: What are you going to do with that unsightly rusted exhaust manifold that sticks out like a sore thumb? We found a solution that’s easy to apply, affordable, and most importantly, works with amazing results.

Calyx Manifold Dressing is a cleaner/polish that’s ideal for a quick dress-up of the underhood area, requiring very little prep. Calyx maintains any cast-iron part of exhaust systems and keeps it rust-free, and isn’t a high-temperature paint that can burn off or discolor over time, or something that simply covers up dirt and rust. Calyx’s special chemicals help remove unsightly rust deposits and doesn’t require heat to cure, making usage ideal on just about any bare metal, including suspension and driveline components.
We spot-checked an area of the exhaust manifold using Calyx exactly five months prior to taking this photo. The dressing continued to maintain the manifold’s cast-iron luster while remaining rust-free.

To use Calyx, simply clean the manifold using a wire brush to remove as much rust and/or dirt as possible. For optimum results, the manifold should be wiped down with acetone or brake cleaner before applying. Apply Calyx using a toothbrush, rag, or glove-covered fingers and rub into the surface, making sure to work it into the pores of the metal. For hard to reach areas, we recommend using a Q-tip or small brush to apply the dressing. The paste-like consistency allows you to polish the finish like you would wax a car for a gloss finish. Check out our amazing before and after photos—the results speak for themselves.

Read more: Rust-free Manifold Restoration - Import Tuner Magazine

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
That's what I've been asking, trying to get my hands on it if it's sold locally...

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
[H] [K] [S];1063698329 said:
That's what I've been asking, trying to get my hands on it if it's sold locally...
our manifold can look a bit like the FP manifold if we can get our hands on this :biggrin:

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
No one have any leads?! Would really appreciate it if you do...

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
try to look around at ACE Hardware...they normally have imported stuff from US

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Contact Us

Suggest you snail mail them and arrange to ship one over. It's not a lot so I don't think it's expensive to ship.

Man, they don't even use email! How old skool is that!

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
try to look around at ACE Hardware...they normally have imported stuff from US
Noted! Thanks...

Contact Us

Suggest you snail mail them and arrange to ship one over. It's not a lot so I don't think it's expensive to ship.

Man, they don't even use email! How old skool is that!
:confused: Too old skool. Kinda bad for business I guess...:hmmmm:

Sep 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Wow its really nice article....
Thanks for the great posting, I am looking for such types of information...

Last edited by a moderator:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok I tell you guys what. Let me snail mail them and ask them pricing including shipping. If all willing then we'll do a group buy. How about that?

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

And btw, according to some sites, it's about USD17 only. It's not expensive at all!

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Ok I tell you guys what. Let me snail mail them and ask them pricing including shipping. If all willing then we'll do a group buy. How about that?
I'm in. Many thanks...:adore: Mean while I'll do some ground hunting in hardware shops & paint shop perhaps... Not sure if accessory shops have this product...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this morning around 5-6 ....2 wajas ...kena break in...housing area....
one waja lost his smart tag,,which baru top up rm 500 bucks.....another waja..only break mirror..coz owner saw and shouted...

got 2 theif..driving white colour wira....with loud exhaust..damn those idiots...and they already marked my family cars (my neighbour saw them taking flash light and pointing in the car., negihbour shouted...then they ran..but couldnt get number plate)....coz both car park outside.....damn...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience