Enquire Subaru Water Temp

victor85

Oct 2, 2006
Hi All Members again,

Again, i do have 2 questions to enquire since i am new.

a) Today facing water temp increase when switching-on air con. Is increase up to end level (Of course i stop car when is reach nearby to danger area) What i have diagnostic is, when without air-con water temp as standard, but once on air-con, da temp increase directly. Recently just change termostat only as previous termostat not in good condition. Air-con fan is working and riadator water is available. Tomorrow will bring to AE to check lol.

b) My is car attach with STI Genome boost meter. Is it normal when boost over 1bar, will automatic da red light will indicator? Below 1bar no red light, once above 1bar there is a red light appear. Previously when i drove, i think i never seen this red light even after boost over 1bar. (Mayb i never reliaze)

Please share. TQVM.

victor85

Oct 2, 2006
Just re-test again after engine cool down just now. same, without air-con water temp standard. with air-con on, water temp increast. And in reliaze some water burnt sound. May i know wat is this (Please refer attachment) TQ.

victor85

Oct 2, 2006
the water tank (photo) above is empty. just refill. just dont know why will be empty only.

victor85

Oct 2, 2006
thanks for your info bro. will take alook. i just brought this 3weeks ago only. touch nothing at all. if is the hose terbalik, should b happen since b4 i brought this car. so far only bring 2 AE service and change 1 thermostat. then did not drive 4 5days until today, drove the temp increase. if is leak, but i never seen in the floor too.

victor85

Oct 2, 2006
thanks for ya info bro. yup already bring to AE and check, done with pressure test. Finally found out there is a leak below the car. I dont know wat is called, but information i get is this plastic screw is for changing cooler purpose. on da left hand side below.

turbololoy

Dec 11, 2011
Bro, just make sure both radiator and turbo reservoir have full water inside. The picture you shown (reservoir) must also have water inside and make it full.

The plastic reservoir besides the radiator must be in Full Level, follow the markings.

I have the same dilemma last year when i bought my STI ver 8, forgot to add water in the turbo reservoir tank and make my radiator leak and overheated.

victor85

Oct 2, 2006
Ic bro. Yup, will take note. But then, everytime also have 2 check the water tank? Im facing overheat 1st time ytd, thats why 2day brought 2 AE check.

v1ctorong

Nov 25, 2005
Maybe the screw below the radiator {as you mentioned) didnt not put back properly after thermostat change

the "water burnt sound" as suggested by the TS may suggest water leaking fine line crack on the engine block. The leak can be very very little, esp. when the engine is on load, due to higher water pressure/volume being circulated..

When water dripped out, it will be vaporised upon hitting the hot metal parts. This might be the source of the ""water burnt sound""

Hey guys,

Yesterday when I was searching at Google for the fastest Kancil ever, I saw a person named Jee or something like that said in a forum (btw it is an old forum as it was posted on 2006) NSDrag kancil participate in class A Sepang Drag Battle and it got 2nd place as it lose to a Cefiro. He continued that its 400m time was 10.5 seconds. If I am not mistaken actually the fastest kancil is 12s right? Can anyone tell me whether this is true or not?