My MR2 turbo upgrade project

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Hi All MR bros,
I have been trying to upgrade my turbo for a long time and not much progress.:stupid:
Here I have finally start my project, just to share ...........:proud:
Attached here is a custom built SS turbo header with equal length thick walled ( 2.2 mm ) for my GT-3037 turbo.:proud:
I ordered this SS header + down pipe for less than RM2K from Bangkok, delivered to my door step - no tax.
The OEM hdr weigh 7kg. where else the SS hdr. weigh 5 kg. 2 Kg saving in weight :proud:
This header is well built with 5/8" Thk. manifold flange and 1/2" turbo flange.
How about a JUN intake manifold replica?:love: Anyone interested?:rolleyes: Can do a group buy to reduce price hopefully.:hmmmm:

Will post more photos later...........:wavey:

Attachments

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Here is the phtos of the hdr weigh.........
My Garette GT3037 turbo..............brand new up for offer...........this cost RM5K today.
Reason, I have another turbo at TOM's which I could use and it only weighs 6Kg as compared to GT3037 which weighs 8Kg.

Attachments

sivaworld

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
have you got everything done, so how is it now ? Have you dyno already ?

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
No dyno yet, all being done. Next step to change out my Mines ECU to MegaSquirt and remove the AFM. AFM cud be restrictive to the GT3037 seeing some lag also cud be b'cos it needs a standalone to retune.

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
that turbo can produce up to 500hp.....hahahaha

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Hi Guys, I am back again....... I asked one shop in PJ for the K&N filter 6" cone cost RM290.00 and the aluminium cone cost RM90.00. Is the price reasonable? Where can I get a 2feet long of 4" dia. aluminium pipe? Ah Hing Exh? Intend to change out / remove my AFM so that I can go max to 500HP with my GT30R ( aka 3037 )turbo ha aha ah !:biggrin:. Still looking for a suitable IC to reduce lag.:slug: Plan to do water / methanol injection that will bring my setup to above 500HP, but that will blow up my engine in no time. So far what I have done to my engine:
a) JE piston
b) Reduced CR to 8.5 with Cometec MHG 1.6 mm.
c) Fully balanced engine internals
d) OS Giken Twin plate clutch
e) HKS 256 street cam set with HKS valve springs.
f) Modified OEM Cam sprocket to adjustable type.
g) Garrett GT-30R ( aka 3037 ) BB turbo ( 500 hp ) with 4" inlet.
h) SS turbo header and 3" down pipe all the way to a FSK Titanium muffler.
i) Tien Flex fully adjustable suspension.
j) Redo my suspension geometry setup......experimenting in progress to make the car understeer rather than the inherited oversteer of the car.
k) Recardo seat ( 1 pair Red out from a DC5 ) waiting to be installed once I have completed my mod else it gets dirty super fast.
l) Blitz 2 piece rim with Bridgestone rubber ( Potenza RE-01R F 205x45x16X 8JJ-38 R 235x40x17x 9JJ - 45 ) waiting to installed.
m) Megasquirt standalone ECU waiting to be installed but need to redo the connectors. My setup is crank triggering and wasted spark ( no more distributor ).
n) Need to custom made fuel rail, rail bar available waiting for end mill to bore the injector holes.
o) Bosch 770 cc top feed injectors waiting to be installed.
p) Custom made ( Junk shop ) intake manifold to be mod to mount 245 TB. ( too expensive for the JUN replica intake manifold, wanted USD900, maybe next time ).
There is alot of work waiting to be done before my project is fully completed. It will have to be in stages. This is DIY fun..........:biggrin:

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
Nice, quick finish the project :-D i wanna see...

MRMIC has got a super duper Apexi Double (OEM style) IC, ask if if he still wants it... :-) as for filter why not try AEM the American brand? looks good... about the same price.

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Replace the OEM ECU with a standalone which uses MAP instead of AFM.

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Iexit, I hv just bought the K&N and I went to the website and AEM dry filter seems to be the best. Anyawy just too late. Hv not install the K&N yet. Bought the cone too.......all cost me RM370. total. Kakimotor almost double of what I paid. Anyway thanks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari has unveiled their new racer for 2011 - the 458 Challenge. Based on the, you guessed it, 458 Italia, the new Challenge features an updated dual-clutch F1 gearbox, an 'E-Diff' electronic differential, and an 'F1-Trac' traction control system with wet or dry weather settings. Other upgrades for the Challenge include a race suspension that come with solid aluminum bushings, stiffer springs, and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience