Nissan Fairlady Club

Z-Ice

Known Member
Sep 24, 2007
Anyone who owns a fairlady, no matter what type or model or year, and for those who are 'crazy' about the Z emblem and great enthusiasts, please log on here and we shall talk about everything or anything under the sky about the fairlady.

If you're planning to buy one, good advice can also be sought after in this forum. If you already have one, we share our ideas and know hows to improve and maintain our super sleek beautiful sports name the Fairlady Z.

Good day and thank you for reading.

Z-Ice

Known Member
Sep 24, 2007
Welcome to this inaugural club opening, :biggrin:

Please place your views and share your piece of mind. Cheers.

traitorjack

Known Member
Aug 30, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
well well well....finally somebody start it...been waitin for quite some time..
count me in...

im owning a 1975 260z 2by2... please to meet ya'll

Last edited:

stormlcc

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.beastarkaraoke.com.my
although i don't own a fairlady yet, but i'm a great fan of the 300zx (v6 tt). planning to get one in the future, now saving bullets, because these cars can't get any loan from banks, it's a big budget. nice to meet u all !!!

Z-Ice

Known Member
Sep 24, 2007
A pleasure to meet ya all. We'll definitely have a meet soon, please pass the message to all your friends who share the same interests on the Z. We need to have a big enough group to call it a club. But it's a start for now. Cheers.

Z-Ice

Known Member
Sep 24, 2007
Cool stuff. When we meet up, it'll be a blast to see various kinds and generations of fairlady.

Definitely worth a gathering for all of us.

Calling on more interested parties and fairlady owners on board to this forum.

csgoh

Known Member
Jan 25, 2006
Hi All,

too bad, i am still in the midst of getting a Z.

I have been reading quite a bit about Z, but of course, it's nothing compared to you guys here who have had a real experience of driving and owning a Z. Great Stuffs!

What are the usual pitfalls when looking out for a recond Z?
Any common problems i should look at?
If it doesn't come with a Navi Screen, issit possible for me to install one locally that nicely fits in the slot?
Since we're in Malaysia, what does the Navi Screen really do?

Apologies for the many questions. Thanks!

Z rocks!

Z-Ice

Known Member
Sep 24, 2007
Hope below helps.....

What are the usual pitfalls when looking out for a recond Z?

Generally you have to know what type or year you're looking at, then its important to find out the following :-

1. what specs of the recond car that you're looking at.

Version ST - top spec for auto transmission which includes :-
Electric seats, brembo brakes, 18" rims, leather seats, DVD player, navi system, VDC (vehicle dynamic control), etc. (for 2006 model)

Version T - top spec for manual transmission

2. Face lift or not? depending on year of manufacturing. compare mileage, generally then YOU KNOW your Z then after that more or else look into others aspects just like buying another second hand car.

3. Know all these then compare with the dealers on the market value.

Any common problems i should look at?

Same as looking out for a second hand car.
If it doesn't come with a Navi Screen, issit possible for me to install one locally that nicely fits in the slot? I think its possible.
Since we're in Malaysia, what does the Navi Screen really do? I'm currently trying to install the malaysian GPS software into my navi. But haven't had the time to find out more, anybody who knows this, please enlighten me. TQ.

:biggrin:

csgoh

Known Member
Jan 25, 2006
Hi Z-ice,

Thanks for the head-start.

But i do come across with ST version in Manual transmission.
I am definitely eyeing on a Manual with Brembo.

btw regarding the Navi again, what does it do now since the GPS doesn't work?

Z-Ice

Known Member
Sep 24, 2007
Hi Z-ice,

Thanks for the head-start.

But i do come across with ST version in Manual transmission.
I am definitely eyeing on a Manual with Brembo.

btw regarding the Navi again, what does it do now since the GPS doesn't work?
Neat. Manual is fun to drive, can drift well too.

Well... enquired on the navi yesterday with a friend of mine, he said that you don't need a GPS system, just install a software and output map through the navi monitor that is already in the car.

I think how it works is that the software detects actually where the car is at and wherever it goes, it just follows the map. The difference is that a GPS system, through the satellite, another party somewhere else can track the whereabouts of your car.

I'm only assuming the above, if anyone has any idea how it all works, please share your thoughts. TQ.

csgoh

Known Member
Jan 25, 2006
Great info there, ice.

Correct me if am wrong, when the software detects where your car is, isn't that already some sort of GPS? Besides, the buttons there are all in jap, not sure if it could synchro with the local program. Of cos, all these are just my assumptions, shall leave it to the sifus to clarify. tq

Perhaps...hmm.. can the navi screen be used to play DVD? or for front and reverse camera?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi friends

This is a Honda Fit, less than 10 years old, nice looking with the sporty Advan Racing wheels.

engine was cleaned first

From

To

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience