Suggestions for 14" tyres

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Use the BFGoodridge tyres. I use on my wifes Myvi and cornering is way better than the cheaper Viking tyres I use on my other Myvi. BFG has reasonably good water dispersion too.
Am surprised since only got 2 straight line....:hmmmm:

BF-Goodrich.jpg

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

View attachment 569535
deep wide grooves...technically should be good in wet compared to viking city tech.With Viking, the 'feel' in wet is not there.i drive like old uncle with eye sight problem if its raining quite heavily.

But the viking with smaller thread block is noisy..could be the compound they used.

The GY Ducaro GA which comes with my BLM when its new performed really good compared to the Viking.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
deep wide grooves...technically should be good in wet compared to viking city tech.With Viking, the 'feel' in wet is not there.i drive like old uncle with eye sight problem if its raining quite heavily.

But the viking with smaller thread block is noisy..could be the compound they used.

The GY Ducaro GA which comes with my BLM when its new performed really good compared to the Viking.
Could be the compound but then generally entry level compound almost the same....lol

Some comment the Toyo Nanoenery NE-03 also not bad...:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Could be the compound but then generally entry level compound almost the same....lol

Some comment the Toyo Nanoenery NE-03 also not bad...:driver:
Considering BFG is under Michelin and is technically Michelins "Cheap and cheerful" tyre arm, I would be surprised if their tyre quality was shit.

So it's decided then. Viking tyres are not great. hahaha

View attachment 569535
Why la? It works

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
So it's decided then. Viking tyres are not great. hahaha
For me initially its not good as i undergo 'upgrading' then 'downgrading' cycle. My Blm history GY Ducaro GA-Michelin Certis-Michelin XM2-Viking City Tech. When i get the Viking it was about RM30-40 cheaper than XM2.
Blame it on the XM2 for my not so good rating for Viking. A bit regret i didnt go for Falken or Hankook or Toyo during that time.

Now i feel its worth it as i dont drive that much and the tire is getting older every year but the thread on the rear is like 2-3 month old.now reaching abt 3 years old.

Now my Waja tires are hard like flinstone tire already.Waiting for money to drop from the sky and change to brand i never personally used before like GT Radial, Toyo, Hankook, Falken, etc. All 'alternative' brand which show some good review. Not confident on china brand yet.

I cant afford to go for premium brand or range due to financial constraint and i havent drive to work for couple of month already....riding.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Why la? It works
Because, aquaplaning resistance works by water channeling and with less grooves usually worse.
Just like Yokohama db that you used before. Grooves are fine and small so tyres are very quiet but water channeling is bad, that is why I never recommend the new AE-50 to those who loves running fast in the wet.....lol :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Use the BFGoodridge tyres. I use on my wifes Myvi and cornering is way better than the cheaper Viking tyres I use on my other Myvi. BFG has reasonably good water dispersion too.
Finally something that I want to hear as I have been looking for review of this tyre.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For me initially its not good as i undergo 'upgrading' then 'downgrading' cycle. My Blm history GY Ducaro GA-Michelin Certis-Michelin XM2-Viking City Tech. When i get the Viking it was about RM30-40 cheaper than XM2.
Blame it on the XM2 for my not so good rating for Viking. A bit regret i didnt go for Falken or Hankook or Toyo during that time.

Now i feel its worth it as i dont drive that much and the tire is getting older every year but the thread on the rear is like 2-3 month old.now reaching abt 3 years old.

Now my Waja tires are hard like flinstone tire already.Waiting for money to drop from the sky and change to brand i never personally used before like GT Radial, Toyo, Hankook, Falken, etc. All 'alternative' brand which show some good review. Not confident on china brand yet.

I cant afford to go for premium brand or range due to financial constraint and i havent drive to work for couple of month already....riding.
Avoid Falcon and Hankook entry level tyres. They are scary and almost as bad as the Viking. XM2 is pretty decent

Finally something that I want to hear as I have been looking for review of this tyre.
Two 1.3 Myvis, one using BFG and another Viking, BFG can carry 80-90kmh speed at the corner I like to take. Viking slips at 80kmh, to make it worse there's no warning. Just slip and slide when it feels like.

Because, aquaplaning resistance works by water channeling and with less grooves usually worse.
Just like Yokohama db that you used before. Grooves are fine and small so tyres are very quiet but water channeling is bad, that is why I never recommend the new AE-50 to those who loves running fast in the wet.....lol :rofl:
Hmm... ok maybe I'm not fast enough to go over the limits of these BFGs in the wet. But comparing side by side with the Viking, the Viking feels like I'm driving on ice! Zero confidence level.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Avoid Falcon and Hankook entry level tyres. They are scary and almost as bad as the Viking. XM2 is pretty decent

Two 1.3 Myvis, one using BFG and another Viking, BFG can carry 80-90kmh speed at the corner I like to take. Viking slips at 80kmh, to make it worse there's no warning. Just slip and slide when it feels like.

Hmm... ok maybe I'm not fast enough to go over the limits of these BFGs in the wet. But comparing side by side with the Viking, the Viking feels like I'm driving on ice! Zero confidence level.
Ok, Means BFG slightly better than the other tyres that you have....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

I asked before about shop's in KL before and was told about Sunway as per this thread

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=464273

I went there and enjoyed looking around, thanks again for who replied

next month I must go to Penang, I will stay Georgetown near the Komtar centre and I must go to the Thai consulate in the morning, but i will have a free afternoon, any shops you can recommend to see?

I need to buy a boost gauge, an oil temp gauge and an oil...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience