Getting a 2nd hand Mazda RX-7 1996

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If its sequential, can't one use a big turbine turbo for high RPMs and a small turbine turbo for low RPMs?
Also, I still don't understand why people say plugging a turbo into a car is gonna ruin the car. Its just recycling the combusted air that comes from the engine before exiting the car? If there were to be any damage it would probably be the back pressure from the turbo and it that case wouldn't the engine just stall?

What you've described is essentially a sequential turbo setup, which is what the RX7 came with originally...:confused:

'Back pressure' or turbo surge would cause compressor stall, which could result in possible damage to the turbocharger unit. Easily solved by using blow-off valve/ anti-surge valve.

When people say 'ruin' the car, I think what they mean is if the car is originally NA, turbocharging it would alter the 'character' of the car. I don't think they mean it in a literal sense.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
CSA, please do read all the sticky in the RE club. Guys like Phat7 are season owners of Rotary and there's a reason why they go single turbo instead of the twin setup.

I've took a look at the mod list the link you posted and I'm pretty sure the owner knows his stuff about the car and I won't go simply changing the stuff that he had put into the car and end up messing it up and then regret after that. If you really bought the car I suggest you just drive the car 1st instead of thinking to mod this and that. Get used to the car 1st and feel how the car behave.

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Well of course i'm going to test the car and run around in it for sometime. I'm only putting that mod list there to get opinions + I only plan on doing it if the car really needs it. My first priority is to get the basic things running like installing a v-mount, etc..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm on stock absorbers with Eibach springs and the gap is 2 finger front/rear. The problem is going into basement carparks (as usual). The question is, can I add a damper or how can I make it 1 more finger higher? Another 10mm or so would be just nice to save my skirtings and bodykits :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience