It's time to let it go......

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What can I say. Just some under tree (bengkel bawah pokok) paint shop. I know the paintjob sort of suck when the roof paint looks weird despite using metallic paint. From far, the surface doesn't reflect nicely, it has that sort of dull feeling. :banghead:
Can be the final sanding, bad metallic coat or bad clear coat. Sometimes new looks good, then when paint dry further the putty sorts of sink and the sandpaper lines appears also.....:banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Can be the final sanding, bad metallic coat or bad clear coat. Sometimes new looks good, then when paint dry further the putty sorts of sink and the sandpaper lines appears also.....:banghead:
It is not that bad until sandpaper lines appearing.

Speaking of rust, I just noticed another car model which also had similar roof rust problem like Wira. It is the Sentra N16. I've seen a few with rust bubbles all over the roof like Wira. Even Nissan had this kind of problem...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
If Bluearth should be quite quiet, but Edward mentioned noisy......lol
Correct, it's Bluearth. I find it noisy but what the heck, new tires. My old car's tires are due for change anyway (24 months already though thread still around 80%).

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Correct, it's Bluearth. I find it noisy but what the heck, new tires. My old car's tires are due for change anyway (24 months already though thread still around 80%).
Since you came from using an Airtrek with 18 inch wheels, I thought HRV's kind of tyres should be much quiet than the Airtrek... :confused:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Maybe the car is too quiet inside, therefore I can hear the tire noise. Atr has noisy exhaust that literally muffled every other noises.. haha...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Maybe the car is too quiet inside, therefore I can hear the tire noise. Atr has noisy exhaust that literally muffled every other noises.. haha...
Probably that could be the case. Better soundproofing and lower engine and exhaust sound. Now you are left with tyre road noise.

Almost like the case of my friend in another thread that I started. He was driving a F30 320i and he complained about having tyre road noise. Because his engine runs quietly and smoothly, tyre road noise is quite noticeable. But at the end, it is mostly due to his car using run flat tyres.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
You are right... this engine is literally soundless, noiseless exhaust and no squeaking here and there which left only tire noise. hence it became really obvious. But then when I turn the audio volume as low as 5, I can still listen to the music. So it's just me I guess :)

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
But one thing I want to tell, I owned a Nissan Sentra 1.6 SG before... Nissan's NVH is always a notch higher compared to Honda's. I cannot remember how many times I tried restarting my Sentra which was already idling because I literally felt nothing at all, I need to look at the RPM to check if the engine is running.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Same loh! in my VR no other noise because can hear exhaust only.......hhahahahhaha

Yup, if car is quiet normally will hear tyre noise, nowadays cars got no under seal......:smokin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I thought it's 2 years?!
4 years no problem, Michelin even recommend up to 5 years, but in our weather here I prefer to recommend up to 4 years.
That depends on tyres also. My GY Asy2 from Germany are now 5 years. They were on my VR, tested about 1 year then transfer to my Hyundai. After that VR was fitted with GT Radial HPY. These are now 4 years old, but they show signs of crack lines earlier then the Asy2....:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
But one thing I want to tell, I owned a Nissan Sentra 1.6 SG before... Nissan's NVH is always a notch higher compared to Honda's. I cannot remember how many times I tried restarting my Sentra which was already idling because I literally felt nothing at all, I need to look at the RPM to check if the engine is running.
Even in Almera compared to new 3rd gen Vios, the noise level is also lower in Almera. Comfort is also better.

Same loh! in my VR no other noise because can hear exhaust only.......hhahahahhaha

Yup, if car is quiet normally will hear tyre noise, nowadays cars got no under seal......:smokin:
Your exhaust sound is loud?