Ford fiesta st: is it worth it?

Izi01

Aug 24, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi..im thinking of buying the fiesta st but wondering if it really worth my money.

How is the aftersales svc and reliability of the car? Hope i can get feedback from the fiesta st owners...

This will be my 2nd car btw...so no issues of "better buy a family sedan" :P

Thanks

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
What r you looking for?
if u want a car that can out manouver a maserati gran turismo then go for it.
its a performance hatch and if you a second guessing due to maintenance then dont go for it.

i dont own a fiesta but luv to own one as the st really offer lots of bang for the money.
its a car you should drive and drive properly.
if you are going to drive it like an everyday car then buy it and give it to me.

Izi01

Aug 24, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
What r you looking for?
if u want a car that can out manouver a maserati gran turismo then go for it.
its a performance hatch and if you a second guessing due to maintenance then dont go for it.

i dont own a fiesta but luv to own one as the st really offer lots of bang for the money.
its a car you should drive and drive properly.
if you are going to drive it like an everyday car then buy it and give it to me.
Thanks 4 the feedback.. Well im looking for something in blurry lines between performance n being practical for daily driver. I think the fiesta fits the bill... Im ok with the regular maintenance bill... Just curious on the reliability n parts availability since i read on the net ppl r complaining on how long they hv to wait for parts...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Buy buy buy!!! Its my fav car hehe

I think the reliability issue is better than the non st fiestas since it is manual and the others are running on dry clutch. Some of the non performance parts u can actually get from normal fiesta, however, since the ST is manufactured in germany (as far as i could remember), lead time for parts could be long. But hey its a fiesta st! If u love driving, you're gonna love it

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Buy buy buy!!! Its my fav car hehe

I think the reliability issue is better than the non st fiestas since it is manual and the others are running on dry clutch. Some of the non performance parts u can actually get from normal fiesta, however, since the ST is manufactured in germany (as far as i could remember), lead time for parts could be long. But hey its a fiesta st! If u love driving, you're gonna love it
If buy and driving it, then okay. Like you mentioned if parts takes time to arrive it could be parked in SC most of the time and that is what most are afraid off......:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I know nothing about the Fiesta other than the fact that every single reviewer on the planet has had nothing bad to say about the car. So obviously it's a drivers car. But in the end it depends on what it is you want from the car. Driving pleasure? Power + driving pleasure? Off-roading? etc.

Personally I'd rather get a RX7 FD.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
then, I would get a RX7 FD, running on NGV......heheheh..(pulling the TS leg's started elsewhere in ZTH)

Back to the topic, I agree the fiesta is regarded as driver's car.
I think the 2nd hand value might be abit cold when re-selling it later. But then, if the driver dont mind at all, by all mean buy the car end enjoy it....

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I know nothing about the Fiesta other than the fact that every single reviewer on the planet has had nothing bad to say about the car. So obviously it's a drivers car. But in the end it depends on what it is you want from the car. Driving pleasure? Power + driving pleasure? Off-roading? etc.

Personally I'd rather get a RX7 FD.

Ahhhhhhhh.....The FD3s..........:adore::adore:

Well anyways, If is the hot-hatch category the TS is looking for, i would say the 208 GTi or the ST might be a good bet.....Personally, i think performance wise, the ST is better. But whether or not we can push the ST to its true max performance, is another question. And it is RM145k. The 208GTi to me personally, looks better and has a better interior. Performance wise, not as good as the ST, although it have better power figures. And is cheaper at RM138k.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
then, I would get a RX7 FD, running on NGV......heheheh..(pulling the TS leg's started elsewhere in ZTH)

Back to the topic, I agree the fiesta is regarded as driver's car.
I think the 2nd hand value might be abit cold when re-selling it later. But then, if the driver dont mind at all, by all mean buy the car end enjoy it....
Buy this type of car don't think of 2nd hand value loh......:biggrin:

When I bought the Chery SUV, did not think of 2nd hand value at all. Expect to burn all but still cheaper then getting a CRV or any other make for that matter....:driver:

Izi01

Aug 24, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the feedbacks...

Yup the rv for ford here is terrible...but i dont mind since m not planning to sell it of so soon if i decided to buy.

Think i need to drive it...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Buy this type of car don't think of 2nd hand value loh......:biggrin:

When I bought the Chery SUV, did not think of 2nd hand value at all. Expect to burn all but still cheaper then getting a CRV or any other make for that matter....:driver:

Chery SUV definitely no need to think about 2nd value for sure....:biggrin:

My Auntie has one Chery SUV....and she says she gonna pass it down to her son. Her son just said "yeeeeee......". I wish I could know what that means....

She later sold the car to a car dealer.....and a super duper low price...Kesian

Izi01

Aug 24, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Ahhhhhhhh.....The FD3s..........:adore::adore:

Well anyways, If is the hot-hatch category the TS is looking for, i would say the 208 GTi or the ST might be a good bet.....Personally, i think performance wise, the ST is better. But whether or not we can push the ST to its true max performance, is another question. And it is RM145k. The 208GTi to me personally, looks better and has a better interior. Performance wise, not as good as the ST, although it have better power figures. And is cheaper at RM138k.
Yup i realize that the 208 gti is far nicer inside compared to the st..but i dont really favour the 208 exterior... It is cheaper becoz it is locally assembled compared to the st which is CBU...damn those taxes!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Thanks for the feedbacks...

Yup the rv for ford here is terrible...but i dont mind since m not planning to sell it of so soon if i decided to buy.

Think i need to drive it...
Happy driving and ownership of the Fiesta, bro.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all, i'm planning to buy a new engine on my wira aeroback 1.3..going for half-cut....my choice is Mivec 1.6+rear breakdisk but without putting in the dashboard,and bodykit to save my $$$$...i'm preparing about 7k in about 4 month...is it possible to get a rear breakdisk and mivec engine for only 7k...can u advise how much money should i prepare....

and can you guys list down what kind of meter can i put into my car ofter my mivec transplant example = autotimer,mivec...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience