• Hybrid

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • i-Vtec

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

insomnia

Apr 26, 2007
Hello car enthusiast,

I'm planning to get a Honda Jazz, should i go for 1.3 Hybrid or the normal i-vtec?
Since the price difference is minimal, i wonder which is a better buy in terms of a few criteria.

1. Fuel consumption
2. Power
3. Maintenance
4. Resale value
5. Other common known issues.

Your opinion will be much appreciated.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
jazz hybrid la, power of course not as powerful as vtec, but u seldom pump petrol say once or twice a month depending on your driving style n distance.
resale value wise - its a Honda of course there is.

lingkesh

500 RPM
Aug 20, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Go for the hybrid. Better fuel consumption plus you get better low end torque from the electric motors, which is very helpful in city traffic.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Hi Mate, I'll go for petrol jazz because lower car price (hybrid need to top up another RM15k). Lower car price will come with lower insurance and monthly commitment. Besides, it's all rounded disk brake which hybrid is drum behind. The 1.3 hybrid is fuel saver compare to 1.5 engine but the fuel consumption of 1.5 is pretty decent too.

The RM15k that you save from the car price allows you to pump 4 years of petrol.

Monthly petrol fee = RM300 per month x 12 = RM3,600

Year petrol fee = RM3,600 x 4 = RM14,400

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
jazz hybrid la, power of course not as powerful as vtec, but u seldom pump petrol say once or twice a month depending on your driving style n distance.
resale value wise - its a Honda of course there is.
RM3980 for the battery replacement. 8 year warranty...

If you clock a lot of KMs, then probably worthwhile... if you clock very little then probably go for the dino juice burner.

I would go for hybrid as well.

RM3980 is equivalent to 1895 litres of RON95 @ RM2.1
Assuming 12KM per L for mixed driving, that's equivalent to 22740km. On average a car usually does 20000km a year.

So unless you really don't drive that much e.g. office is 5 minutes away, relatives 10 minutes away, shopping mall downstairs your house... no reason not to go hybrid.

jerry above makes a good point, so if you plan to keep the car more than 4 years, go hybrid. Otherwise, what he mentioned is valid.

Also, please factor in that petrol price will only go up, not down, at least not for the next 5 years while BN is in power. It might drop a bit before election but that's 5 years away. So choosing hybrid vs i-vtec is also betting which way petrol price will go.

I'll bet it goes up.

mcliong1

Known Member
Jun 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Fuel consumption and power will be the hybrid. Tested both, I would say 1.3 i-vtec with IMA got better pick up and acceleration than the 1.5 i-vtec

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Take the hybrid.. Heard Ah Jib kor wanna raise the fuel price again..haha...

amad108..

Known Member
Jul 27, 2004
i think hybrid has better acceleration due from motor + 1.3.. as for FC sure hybrid is better but its nothing to shout out as mirage easily got 21km/l.. if me i will take the non hybrid jazz due to simple engine (not as complicated as hybrid), coz anything went wrong later could cost a bomb.. if the problem only is battery it self is fine.. but complicated thing tend to haywire easily..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys...I'm driving an Iswara a/b, 97 model 1.3 hoping to mod my car due to lack of funds for new car...anyways whould appreciate if any of you can help me with this project that i soon wanna take on..thanks ya!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience