mods on Accord CF4

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
Modding an Accord CF4

will put a deposit for a yr 2000 accord CF4 today. i want to do some light mods to the car once i get it. mods on the body uniquely lah - skirting, spoiler etc. just wondering if u guys have idea where i can source front and rear lips. not the ori one la. imitation PU or rubber is good enuf.

thx

33336740002_large.jpg

nashrey

Known Member
Apr 14, 2004
waaa...cf4, damn blardy syiok! gud blend of a family car + performance

mynnDAWG

2,000 RPM
Jul 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.worlddj.com
its freaking expensive to maintain and hard to get the parts...fren of mine just sold one!...and its not menat to be REV to high if ur using auto!...fren's CF4 KAPOW his gearbox once!

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
syiok jugak la but the one i'm getting is SOHC VTEC la. no dohc. cannot afford la. yr 98/00 a guy is selling for 95k but got sunroof etc la. this one 8xk only la.

the euro R body kit is gud enuf but the ori is out of reach la hikaru. need imitation PU or rubber.

hattech... yup no more civic la. almost bought a yr 99 GF-EK3 Mi last time. loan approved but the owner (embassy of pakistan) put the price too high 58k. people advised me not to get it la. don't know if the car is still there. try calling 016-3809025 Mr zawar to know. i viewed another GF-EK3. yr 2000 but Ml version. surprise no tachometer. a letdown la.

anyway since i'm asking questions for mods... the CF4 engine is F20B both for sohc and DOhc. bore and stroke are the same. the difference is the compression ratio. i think it's possible to do a headswap here. the ecu neeeds to be changed to la right??? what do u guys think??

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
nope no kidding mynn... this one is CF4 SOHC VTEC. the engine code is the same F20B since it is using the same block i suppose since the bore n stroke is the same (corect me if i'm wrong).

for sohc vtec no sunroof no rear wiper. everything else shld be the same. for dohc vtec, the headlamps are not smoked and for sohc they are (sort of smoked la). u can see both car outside iranian embassy.

mynnDAWG

2,000 RPM
Jul 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.worlddj.com
amdfaisal said:
nope no kidding mynn... this one is CF4 SOHC VTEC. the engine code is the same F20B since it is using the same block i suppose since the bore n stroke is the same (corect me if i'm wrong).

for sohc vtec no sunroof no rear wiper. everything else shld be the same. for dohc vtec, the headlamps are not smoked and for sohc they are (sort of smoked la). u can see both car outside iranian embassy.
dude...if the engine code is F20B then its ONLY mean for DOHC Vtec 2.0 (auto or manual) and CF4 only comes with that 2 diff model....F20B manual or auto...thats all...

think you must be checking out CF3 model which comes with 1.8!!!!!!!....naik check betul betul faisal....nanti kena KENCING!

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
mynnDAWG said:
dude...if the engine code is F20B then its ONLY mean for DOHC Vtec 2.0 (auto or manual) and CF4 only comes with that 2 diff model....F20B manual or auto...thats all...

think you must be checking out CF3 model which comes with 1.8!!!!!!!....naik check betul betul faisal....nanti kena KENCING!
at first i thot CF4 only comes with F20B DOHC VTEC. when i saw this car... it changes my knowledge la sort of. i checked the car inside out. indeed it is a single cam vtec. the engine block is clearly F20B the chassis number is CF4 (i checked this visually).

then i went to honda japan's website. ish... susah betui... and found out that indeed there are 3 types of engine for CF4. 2.0 DOHC VTEC, 2.0 SOHC VTEC and 1.8 SOHC VTEC. the tiptronic option is only for the 2.0 DOHC VTEC of kos. there is a 2.0 SOHC VTEC 4WD. the one i'm getting is confirmed a CF4 VTS (150hp @ 6k rpm) not kuat la tp bole la kot :)

http://www.honda.co.jp/factbook/auto/ACCORD/19970904/ac397-040.html

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
amdfaisal said:
at first i thot CF4 only comes with F20B DOHC VTEC. when i saw this car... it changes my knowledge la sort of. i checked the car inside out. indeed it is a single cam vtec. the engine block is clearly F20B the chassis number is CF4 (i checked this visually).

then i went to honda japan's website. ish... susah betui... and found out that indeed there are 3 types of engine for CF4. 2.0 DOHC VTEC, 2.0 SOHC VTEC and 1.8 SOHC VTEC. the tiptronic option is only for the 2.0 DOHC VTEC of kos. there is a 2.0 SOHC VTEC 4WD. the one i'm getting is confirmed a CF4 VTS (150hp @ 6k rpm) not kuat la tp bole la kot :)

http://www.honda.co.jp/factbook/auto/ACCORD/19970904/ac397-040.html

betul2! 100% correct !!!

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
crower75 said:
But CF4 damn expensive to maintain maa.....

cf4 maintenance is like any other ordinary honda i.e. engine oil and oil filter change every 5000km. the f20b engine uses about 4.5 liters of engine oil. other engine parts such as timing belt and water pumps are common as it is similar to h22a's.

the only thing to look out (or look after) for is the tiptronic gearbox for dohc f20b. earlier cf4 models (1997 to 1998) have a rather 'sensitive' gearbox. not that it's not reliable. it just needs a bit more TLC which includes regular changing and flushing of the tranmission fluid. the most important thing to remember when changing/flushing the gearbox is to use ONLY honda's atf-z1 transmission fuild. don't use other brands as this sensitive gearbox will not work well with them and will prone to breakdown.

so when you buy a 1997/1998 model, be sure to check the state of health of the gearbox first. do a full flush of the gb as soon as the car is yours. even that there's no gurantee :)

if crower75 says that cf4 body parts are hard to find.......he'll be 100% correct. it's normal due to the rare nature of this car. so be careful while driving especially that windscreen.

another thing about cf4 is the wheels. this car needs rims with 50 offset. it's extremely difficult to find as most cars have around 45 offset.

civic_koled

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Penang
Visit site
wah, faisal become an accord member oredi...rear bumper will take from u next month. i'll come to KL on 12 august maybe...see u then...nice ride bro, put some pic lor after....hehehehehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Kimi Raikkonen got close to Heikki Kovalainen's new lap record set yesterday, but fell short by less than two-tenths of a second with a best lap of 1:11.189s in his Ferrari F2008. Kovalainen was right on the pace again today at the Valencia circuit, lapping just 0.017s slower than the defending world champion...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience